Fastboot flash stock ROM

Search This thread

SiaoNang

Feb 25, 2014
Hi all, i have unlocked my bootloader and flash in a custom recovery with custom ROM.
Currently i want to return back to stock 4.4.2, firmware 4.20.707.6. However there are no stock rom available.
I even tried using the htc1guru reset method. It downgraded to 4.3, received OTA but fails to install.
Is it possible to flash a lower version of firmware to my device and receive the OTA update, or can i use Guru Reset method to downgrade to 4.3 and manually flash the OTA?
By the way, i am still S-ON :(
Below are my version information:
Thanks alot !

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.707.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4123mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
Hi all, i have unlocked my bootloader and flash in a custom recovery with custom ROM.
Currently i want to return back to stock 4.4.2, firmware 4.20.707.6. However there are no stock rom available.
I even tried using the htc1guru reset method. It downgraded to 4.3, received OTA but fails to install.
Is it possible to flash a lower version of firmware to my device and receive the OTA update, or can i use Guru Reset method to downgrade to 4.3 and manually flash the OTA?
By the way, i am still S-ON :(
Below are my version information:
Thanks alot !

(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.707.6
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4123mV
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b

When trying to install the OTA did you reflash the stock recovery? OTA will not install with custom recovery.

waterspider

Jan 12, 2013
please help my htc one stuck at boot screen

hi all the problem all started after accepting OTA update, it say completed but after it reboot it stuck on HTC ONE LOGO, i tried some flashing method but still nothing, :eek::crying: please can anybody help me, below are the output from adb:

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.4
(bootloader) serialno: FA36RW90790
(bootloader) imei: 354435053101952
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__A48
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3696mV
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-c6bbb6d4
finished. total time: 0.095s

SiaoNang

Feb 25, 2014
Hi ckpv5, i manage to use your odexed rom and flash it in. WIll i be able to receive OTA updates when i relocked my bootloader?

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Hi ckpv 5, Thanks for the ROM been looking for it everywhere!!! Thank you so much.
Just a noob question, i will just need to flash this rom and relock my bootloader? Is that all i need to do to return to stock state?

Thanks alot :eek:

To return to stock you need to flash stock recovery then relock the bootloader (but your bootloader flag is RELOCKED)
To have a proper back to stock, it is best to have a S-Off device and then below steps :
1. flash the stock ROM
2. with a custom recovery like TWRP, flash the SuperSU.zip for root access
3. LOCK the bootloader with a special LOCK command (the bootloader will show LOCKED)
4. flash the stock recovery
5. full unroot the SuperSU thru its settings
6. S-ON the device with special fastboot command
7. Done - you'll have a device with a stock ROM with LOCKED status

Hi ckpv5, i manage to use your odexed rom and flash it in. WIll i be able to receive OTA updates when i relocked my bootloader?

Yes, you will be able to receive OTA when there is one.

And you don't need to relock bootloader to do OTA update but you need to have a stock recovery flashed prior to OTA update, the OTA won't work with any custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiaoNang

SiaoNang

Feb 25, 2014
To return to stock you need to flash stock recovery then relock the bootloader (but your bootloader flag is RELOCKED)
To have a proper back to stock, it is best to have a S-Off device and then below steps :
1. flash the stock ROM
3. LOCK the bootloader with a special LOCK command (the bootloader will show LOCKED)

And you don't need to relock bootloader to do OTA update but you need to have a stock recovery flashed prior to OTA update, the OTA won't work with any custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.

Hi ckpv5, thank you so much.
So currently i am able to received OTA? My current status is TAMPERED RELOCKED with stock rom and stock firmware (stock recovery as well).
Anyway thanks a lot, you really helped me :D

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Hi ckpv5, thank you so much.
So currently i am able to received OTA? My current status is TAMPERED RELOCKED with stock rom and stock firmware (stock recovery as well).
Anyway thanks a lot, you really helped me :D

There is no further OTA currently for 4.20.707.6.... actually I was wondering why do you need to revert to stock in the first place :confused:

Also why is TAMPERED there ? Is the recovery the correct one and the boot.img also the stock one ? Did you flash any custom hboot that remove the red text warning before you relock the bootloader ?

SiaoNang

Feb 25, 2014
There is no further OTA currently for 4.20.707.6.... actually I was wondering why do you need to revert to stock in the first place :confused:

Also why is TAMPERED there ? Is the recovery the correct one and the boot.img also the stock one ? Did you flash any custom hboot that remove the red text warning before you relock the bootloader ?

I want to revert my phone to stock and receive future updates :cowboy: and i just want to try some custom roms in the android world. Well currently i just want to use my phone as a stock device and receive updates when available, something like a retirement..lol

not sure how the TAMPERED got there but hope it does not effect any OTA :eek:
nope, i did not flash any custom hboot, i just use fastboot to lock my bootloader.

What i did was :
1. Wipe everything and and push the stock rom to twrp, then install
2. reboot to fastboot and relocked my bootloader and flash in the 4.20.707.6 firmware
3. factory reset and now running stock.

Hope i did not do anything wrong @@

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50307153&postcount=34
    Hi ckpv 5, Thanks for the ROM been looking for it everywhere!!! Thank you so much.
    Just a noob question, i will just need to flash this rom and relock my bootloader? Is that all i need to do to return to stock state?

Thanks alot :eek:

1. flash the stock ROM