So I just picked up the S5 and........

Search This thread

calvin35

Dec 29, 2011
My goodness this thing is fast. I didn't think Samsung was capable of making a phone that didn't lag but boy was I wrong. The animations are shooter smooth and more importantly fast, no more touching the screen and waiting for something to happen. The camera takes great detailed pictures and I'm loving the new toolbox feature. On the S3 and S4 I rooted, installed a custom recovery, and immediately installed an aosp based rom. However on the S5 I see absolutely no need to do so and while I did root and use TB to freeze a few apps, i will probably wait for some good TouchWiz roms before installing a recovery.

philliman

Nov 23, 2007
Philly
I didn't root. I'm just glad you cab disable/freeze bloatware!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GoogleAndroid

Oct 2, 2010
With the S5, Touchwiz is finally usable. I spent some time with the S5 in stores, and am now running an S5 rom on my Note, and it is greatly improved. TW on the Note 3 was a big improvement over the Note 2, but there was still a lot that I hated, like the god awful tabbed settings menu. When I get mine, the only reason I'll root is so I can use Titanium and won't lose app data. Can't wait until I can JUMP May 2nd, which coincides with my last day of classes, so I'll celebrate the end of my first year with a new phone. I'll miss the Note's size, but I'm bored of it, and need something to hold me over until the Note 4.

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
The layout for touchWiz is somewhat all over the place. With that being said, it's definitely a vast improvement. Like the op said stock is finally really good.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

damaged82

Apr 6, 2014
MCKINNEY
When I first got the S5 it was through AT&T and I wasn't too thrilled. And I hated that they had the phone so locked down and removed download booster. After a few days I sent it back and reactivated my old tmobile account and have never been happier. The phone is quick, the t-mobile network out here is a hell of a lot faster than AT&T in my neighborhood. first thing I did when I get it from t-mobile was root it, and just installed a new rom. Glad you like the phone, I sure love mine

Reactions: bthurber

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I first got the S5 it was through AT&T and I wasn't too thrilled. And I hated that they had the phone so locked down and removed download booster. After a few days I sent it back and reactivated my old tmobile account and have never been happier. The phone is quick, the t-mobile network out here is a hell of a lot faster than AT&T in my neighborhood. first thing I did when I get it from t-mobile was root it, and just installed a new rom. Glad you like the phone, I sure love mine