no double tap on / screen replacement /proximity

Search This thread

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
Hopefully someone can help me out. This is verizon vs980. I needed to replace my screen bc I got a dead zone in the digitizer. In my experiences with screen replacement, replacing just the lcd/ digitizer assembly never goes well, aftermarket double Side tape never holds it to the mid frame like factory. So I opted for a digitizer/lcd/mid frame assembly. Simply swap the guts. Everything went well. After about a week the digitizer began lifting from the mid frame (as though it weren't factory assembled) . Little mad about that bc it's the whole reason I opted for that type of assembly. So I decided to return it. This time,I figured if they're gonna lift like that from the "factory" I might as well save the twenty five bucks and just buy an lcd/digitizer this time and stick it to the mid frame myself. I did. Once I was totally done, everything seemed to be just fine. Then I realized the knock on does not Work, and my proximity sensor was acting up. Didn't worry about the proximity sensor since I'm taking it back a part anyway to send this assembly back bc knock on isn't working... So I sent it back. Got a new one, same issue ! No knock on and proximity sensor is acting up. So , suspecting proximity sensor as culprit I unplugged it. Still no knock on. So I then pulled the proximity from the housing and Used a proximity tester app to test it. When its out of the mid frame, dangling, it works fine (still no knock on) but when I put it back into the midframe housing the proximity sensor registers something in front of it ( no its not glue or tape, digitizer is unattached permanently at this point) confused I looked at pictures I took from that very first assembly that I took before returning. I found there is a black housing trim that I accidentally left in the housing I sent back ! It pops into the midframe, then the sensor pops into that.. I suspect this is why my proximity sensor goes haywire when it's in the assembly, but why is my knock on not working?! That black piece I left in housing ? Bad sensor all together? Coincidentally got two bad digitizers??? Rom? (Tried to different same result) stumped. So to sum it up right now, I have no knock on, and the proximity sensor constantly registers something when it's placed into the housing, but works fine outside the housing.

Last edited:

crzygrmn

Mar 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Did you update touch firmware?
Dial 3845#*8xx# / settings/ update touch firmware
8xx or 9xx according to your model , example 8xx/9xx becomes 802 on g2 d802

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
Did you update touch firmware?
Dial 3845#*8xx# / settings/ update touch firmware
8xx or 9xx according to your model , example 8xx/9xx becomes 802 on g2 d802

No I didn't, I don't have my sim card in to access the dialer. Suppose I could try that, but it worked just fine with the lcd/digitizer/frame assembly. Is this something you're supposed to do after a screen replace?

crzygrmn

Mar 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Your welcome. Your probably the last one I helped with g2. Counting down the hours till I get my g3 this afternoon. Would've kept this baby, but no microsd was always a killer for me.

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
Your welcome. Your probably the last one I helped with g2. Counting down the hours till I get my g3 this afternoon. Would've kept this baby, but no microsd was always a killer for me.

Yea the g3 is on my radar for my next phone. Using g3 rom to tide me over

Top Liked Posts