Issue with replacement LCD and Screen

Search This thread

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
I ordered a replacement LCD assembly with frame off eBay http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=190964828803&alt=web

I installed it last night. The screen looks great and mostly works error free... Except where the bottom where the nav bars sit. When I press any of those buttons other press points show up on the screen. (Ie. Press back button and the Hangouts icon lights up also as if they were both pressed at the same time) and opens Hangouts. Press the home button and it presses whatever is in the center of the screen.

Anyone had this happen with a new screen? Is it a bad screen or a bad install?

I emailed he seller and they seemed quite surprised that it isn't 100% functional. They asked me to do a hard reboot and check for broken connectors. Might just pull it back off and get a replacement or a refund.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
Shipping it back. Anyone have a more reliable source for a lcd and frame. I bought the phone second hand so getting it done through Google is out of the question lol.

Henrock11

Jul 14, 2010
Shipping it back. Anyone have a more reliable source for a lcd and frame. I bought the phone second hand so getting it done through Google is out of the question lol.

Did you try LG directly? I've heard of it not being too expensive and you will have peace of mind that it gets done right.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
I found a reputable company locally that can fix it.
Took it in, was told to come back in an hour.
An hour went by and he tells me that the phone is missing the frame (bracket) that holds the ear piece speaker in place.......... :eek:
The frame I had shipped back had the ear piece fit fine, the original broken glass that I told him I wanted back the ear piece fit fine...
I don't know if I'm missing a piece but he showed me the new frame and there seems to be something missing from his that was on the others.

This N5 is becoming a nightmare.

The part circled in red is supposedly the "bracket" he needs to re-install the ear piece. Yet every frame I see online has one included.
I told him to save my broken glass and I'll deal with it later. (either just use a small adhesive or pull it off the original glass and frame)

Any ideas? This is getting dumb.
Annnnnd to top it all off, he just called, the screen that they had didn't work, has to order another one. It'll be in Monday, with my work schedule I can't pick it up now until Saturday.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: