Battery Charge Issue

Search This thread
T

tabutcher

hi everyone,

I have issues with charging the phone, it takes a seriously long time to charge the phone. When the battery was at 20% I plugged it in to charge overnight(8 hours) and it only charged to about 50-60%. I've tried plugging it into both the wall outlet and computer and still have the same result. Could the problem be the battery, charging cable or that it is running on a custom rom?

any help would be much appreciated thanks

kind regards

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
hi everyone,

I have issues with charging the phone, it takes a seriously long time to charge the phone. When the battery was at 20% I plugged it in to charge overnight(8 hours) and it only charged to about 50-60%. I've tried plugging it into both the wall outlet and computer and still have the same result. Could the problem be the battery, charging cable or that it is running on a custom rom?

any help would be much appreciated thanks

kind regards
How long have you had the phone? It depends how often the battery is charged and recharged. Try to wipe battery stats in the recovery or recalibration to see it helps. Or it could be the battery is no longer holding the charge. Time for a new battery.

Last edited:
T

tabutcher

How long have you had the phone? It depends how often the battery is charged and recharged. Try to wipe battery stats in the recovery or recalibration to see it helps. Or it could be the battery is no longer holding the charge. Time for a new battery.

Only had the phone for a couple of days because its a second hand phone and like you suggested I've wiped the battery stats but that didn't solve the problem.

The phone does hold its charge so I'm concerned if I buy a new battery the problem would persist.

thanks for your suggestions

regards

TheDamFr

Jan 4, 2012
Chicoutimi
Some Roms are battery hogger.
Sometimes, screen is working but not full light and you don't notice reloading.
Sometimes, battery loader is damaged and loads really slower.

My Rom is a battery hogger, and my Data cable is a bit damaged ^^ If I don't power off my phone, It won't load enough to be noticed.