Help!! How To Flash A New IMEI # ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Jul 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I lost my phone (Vibrant - TMobile) and had to go through insurance to get a new one, the deductible was $130, then days later I found the damn thing but insurance won't take the new phone back and refund me now! So my cousin wants to buy it from me but when I went through insurance they placed the IMEI on the lost / stolen list which blocks the IMEI from logging onto the network rendering the phone unusable. I need to flash a new IMEI so that my cousin can go ahead and use the phone.

How can I flash a new IMEI? Please pm me

Thanks so much for the help guys, I'm really in a frustrating jam!!!

ALL YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED!

---------------------------------------------

I called back and plead with them and they said they are going to review the case and get back to me within 20 hours! Whoo hoo, I hope they will let me send the extra phone back and refund me then my problems would be solved!

Last edited:

minogue

Jan 31, 2009
Elizabeth
To me it sounds like you were trying to use the insurance to get an extra phone and it didn't work out so you decided to plead and come up with a Story. Changing IMEI numbers is not something legal or easy to do and i dont believe anyone here can help you, or will help you with the whole process.

temperbad

Jan 13, 2009
portland
To me it sounds like you were trying to use the insurance to get an extra phone and it didn't work out so you decided to plead and come up with a Story. Changing IMEI numbers is not something legal or easy to do and i dont believe anyone here can help you, or will help you with the whole process.

How do you know that's the case. I agree it crossed my mind but never would I lost that.... rude..

Reactions: rdwhite.ii

minogue

Jan 31, 2009
Elizabeth
How do you know that's the case. I agree it crossed my mind but never would I lost that.... rude..

"to me it sounds like..." its the way i saw it because i always get people telling me or friends to sell them my phone and get another one from insurance, therefore considering the phone must be brand new, people usually keep it with them at all times, so i came with my own conclusion. HOWEVER it doesnt change anything.

Changing an IMEI number is not legal and while it is possible, it may be a hard proccess...

To the OP:

Google It:)

dex1701

Sep 29, 2007
The town of Chi

Right, because it's not possible to lose a phone and then find it later. :confused: I'm gonna guess you're a "glass half empty" kind of person, eh?

Reactions: rdwhite.ii

minogue

Jan 31, 2009
Elizabeth
Right, because it's not possible to lose a phone and then find it later. :confused: I'm gonna guess you're a "glass half empty" kind of person, eh?

ohh Come on Guys.
No i am not that person, and im sure this is by far the first half useless reply i posted in my 400 post count as im usually very helpful with fellow android users. i do lose my phone in the house sometimes, and i know its somewhere in the house, and my friends dont really steal from me or any of us so i can fall drunk on their house and have them take care of my phone and even take my calls..

Point is, Even if you knew how to change an IMEI, you are not allowed to post it here, or in barely any forums or Sites. Therefore the Best Advice is to Google it and see for herself. at the very least. just sell the phone for repair or parts on Ebay and keep the new one....
OR
The IMEI has been blocked by all US GSM Carriers, sell it to someone outside the US using Ebay again and get more $$$$.

Is that helpful enough???

leprasmurf

Oct 1, 2009
aw geez

ohh Come on Guys.
No i am not that person, and im sure this is by far the first half useless reply i posted in my 400 post count as im usually very helpful with fellow android users. i do lose my phone in the house sometimes, and i know its somewhere in the house, and my friends dont really steal from me or any of us so i can fall drunk on their house and have them take care of my phone and even take my calls..

Point is, Even if you knew how to change an IMEI, you are not allowed to post it here, or in barely any forums or Sites. Therefore the Best Advice is to Google it and see for herself. at the very least. just sell the phone for repair or parts on Ebay and keep the new one....
OR
The IMEI has been blocked by all US GSM Carriers, sell it to someone outside the US using Ebay again and get more $$$$.

Is that helpful enough???

Geez, now you're telling her to sell it? How pessimistic can you get? Always assume the worst, dontcha?!? :p

Joking aside, if a phone was put on a blacklist, and it's found by the original owner....couldn't the IMEI just be removed from the blacklist in a legitimate (read: legal) manner?

minogue

Jan 31, 2009
Elizabeth
Geez, now you're telling her to sell it? How pessimistic can you get? Always assume the worst, dontcha?!? :p

Joking aside, if a phone was put on a blacklist, and it's found by the original owner....couldn't the IMEI just be removed from the blacklist in a legitimate (read: legal) manner?

Once it is blacklisted, theres no way from getting removed at all.

pyun

Oct 5, 2009
For some reason I was thinking that US carriers didn't blacklist imei numbers. Used to work with a guy that had access to some hot cell phones, they all supposedly worked with just a sim swap. Just att and t-mobile ones tho, no cdma.

lordmalice

Sep 27, 2010
powell
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I lost my phone (Vibrant - TMobile) and had to go through insurance to get a new one, the deductible was $130, then days later I found the damn thing but insurance won't take the new phone back and refund me now! So my cousin wants to buy it from me but when I went through insurance they placed the IMEI on the lost / stolen list which blocks the IMEI from logging onto the network rendering the phone unusable. I need to flash a new IMEI so that my cousin can go ahead and use the phone.

How can I flash a new IMEI? Please pm me

Thanks so much for the help guys, I'm really in a frustrating jam!!!

ALL YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED!

---------------------------------------------

I called back and plead with them and they said they are going to review the case and get back to me within 20 hours! Whoo hoo, I hope they will let me send the extra phone back and refund me then my problems would be solved!

for all those that dont know a sim card phone can be stolen and used no matter what just place another sim card in the phone gsm networks run by the sim not the imei esn or meid

jwleonhart

Feb 11, 2011
You could always just have your cousin say he bought it from craigslist, unless you have the same last name then it'd be suspicious.

felixfearnley

Sep 9, 2010
imei problems with registration in turkey

Hi there

I know this will probably yield me a "no its illegal" reply but please hear me out on this. Im a good person!

I moved to turkey 6 months ago to work here as an IT teacher in an international school. I brought with me my lovely HTC HD2 which i had hacked using XDA software to now run andoid (was very pleased with my phone). registered my phone here with my passport. The phone then broke and while trying to fix it I snapped some of the internal data cables...

I have my old HTC wildfire here but cant use it on the GSM network as im only allowed to register 1 phone to my passport every two years!

I know its not technically allowed but i was thinking of changing the imei on my wildfire to that of my broken (but registered) HTC HD2 and was figuring if i got caught for it that they would see that the imei number is in fact registered to me anyway.

I have searched high and low for solutions for this. I found the Iwizard but I think that this was released in 2007 and my phone was released in 2010 so i am presuming that this will not work. also had some problems and questions about using activesync on my windows 7 computer along with presuming that I cant connect an android phone to activesync.

As I said before. Im not tying to commit a crime here but just trying not to go out and spend lots of money (and phones do cost lots of money here) on buying a turkish phone.

if anyone can help then please let me know

my email is felixfearnley@hotmail.co.uk

cheers..

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
From HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=276851

Many people often come up to me in the street and say, you look like a bit of a geezer (their words), do you know how to change my IMEI to clone that of another phone legitimately purchased within the state of my draconian governement?

I will typically retort with a chuckle, and then the following diatribe:
CHANGING YOUR IMEI IS VERY LIKELY TO BE A CRIME IN YOUR COUNTRY

Now, you may well be a pimp or snakehead already, so no worries relatively speaking, but understand that changing IMEIs can result in a prison sentence or castration, not merely a slap of the wrists. One way or the other, you won't be bending over in the shower if this is a crime in your country and you're found guilty. The law is there for a valid reason, if not necessarily a good reason.

Please check the law in your country before considering changing your IMEI.

You should note that in these days of heightened terrorist threats, if your phone is found to have a false IMEI and you also happen to have a beard and a beautiful tanned completion, you're likely to be spending time with wires hanging out of your orifices, so again, think twice.

I have no place to speak for the administrators or other moderators of the board, just for me, but my view is this:
The board is called XDA Developers. We develop.

The fact that you gets newbs, rubes and non-dudes on here is by the by; our raison d'être is to develop. That entails research and development, so for me, researching changing IMEIs may be a legitimate pursuit. Probably not, but maybe.

Next, recall that the administrators of this board researched and released pretty much the definitive solutions for IMEI changing, on older phones at least. That's part of the reason this board exists. I would be a hypocrite to jump on anyone else carrying the same flag. However, anything that will potentially get the board in trouble will be stopped.

So once again, lube yourself up well before considering changing your IMEI.

And please, be nice to each other, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It also doesn't hurt to try this, http://tinyurl.com/2un6urs .
    Changing IMEI is NOT illegal in the United States. Just sayin