Noob question about custom recovery

Search This thread

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Hi
I'm sorry for this noob question, Will flashing a custom recovery(only recovery like CWMR) via ODIN 3.09(is this the odin to be used now with S5) will trip yellow exclamation mark on boot and/or KNOX problem on my TMB S5 ? I'm stock non-rooted UVU1ANCH

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2653512

Hi
I'm sorry for this noob question, Will flashing a custom recovery(only recovery like CWMR) via ODIN 3.09(is this the odin to be used now with S5) will trip yellow exclamation mark on boot and/or KNOX problem on my TMB S5 ? I'm stock non-rooted UVU1ANCH

Thanks

Unless something has changed since the Galaxy S4, I'm pretty sure you can just use an app called "Triangle Away" to reset the counter. Seems to have worked on my T-Mobile S5 since flashing the DeoDexed NE5 ROM and TWRP. Someone else here might know more than I, though. So I'd get a second opinion before proceeding. (Just to be sure.)

EDIT: Just read in another thread that there is a hardware tampering system in place in this device. So there might be more to this than I thought.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729211

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mahanddeem

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Hi

Thanks

Unless something has changed since the Galaxy S4, I'm pretty sure you can just use an app called "Triangle Away" to reset the counter. Seems to have worked on my T-Mobile S5 since flashing the DeoDexed NE5 ROM and TWRP. Someone else here might know more than I, though. So I'd get a second opinion before proceeding. (Just to be sure.)

EDIT: Just read in another thread that there is a hardware tampering system in place in this device. So there might be more to this than I thought.

Triangle away does not yet work for the s5. Yes, flashing a custom recovery will trip knox. There is no yellow exclamation point on the s5 and if you are running a custom rom them you will never notice the difference. It is a hardware feature that is now built into the phone and there is no way to disable it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: mahanddeem

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks for the answers, so I understand flashing anything on ODIN will trip the KNOX counter.

What if I then odin the whole stock UVU1ANCH tar again ? will it be reset ?

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
thanks for the answers, so i understand flashing anything on odin will trip the knox counter.

What if i then odin the whole stock uvu1anch tar again ? Will it be reset ?
you can install any official firmware with odin or ota or kies
. Knox will only trip if you root the phone and or install custom, recovery.. ,custom rom, custom,kernel anything that is not signed by samsung will trip knox.
As far as i know,. There is no way knox can be reset as of this time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2653512
    Hi

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

Triangle away does not yet work for the s5. Yes, flashing a custom recovery will trip knox. There is no yellow exclamation point on the s5 and if you are running a custom rom them you will never notice the difference. It is a hardware feature that is now built into the phone and there is no way to disable it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk