Disappointed / Missing Feature in Galaxy Note 4

Search This thread

v1rtu4l

Jul 18, 2008
People who miss air gestures from the s5 should check out the new thread about revealing these options in your phone with a new app

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Hannah Stern

Soulforged666

Feb 15, 2015
People who miss air gestures from the s5 should check out the new thread about revealing these options in your phone with a new app

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

I assume that since you said a "new thread" you are not talking about the "Galaxy Tools App" which unlocks all toggles including the ones for features the phone does not support.

Can you provide a link for the thread you are talking about? Since a general search provides waaayyyy toooo many threads to sort through. Would be much easier with a link.

I would like to see what this is. I do not necessarily need air gesture but would be interested in what can be unlocked with the Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N910P (Note 4)

galaxynote2

Sep 26, 2012
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Good Point :)
It also was there in the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 already.
But not S3 Mini and S4 Mini and S5.
They assumed that it was a waste of resources/battery life and not 100% needed. Still looking at how they screwed up the S6 launcher... They should just have used the Note 4 one with shadows behind icons and animations. Looks and feels like a chinese clone right now.

Missing feature in Note 4? The ability to have an IR Emitter/Reciver and not only Emitter. Would be a great feature to pair IR Controllers just like older Palms did. 2 of 4 air conditioners in my house aren't in Peel Smart Remote App and the other two have some missing buttons.

Reactions: Hannah Stern

v1rtu4l

Jul 18, 2008
I assume that since you said a "new thread" you are not talking about the "Galaxy Tools App" which unlocks all toggles including the ones for features the phone does not support.

Can you provide a link for the thread you are talking about? Since a general search provides waaayyyy toooo many threads to sort through. Would be much easier with a link.

I would like to see what this is. I do not necessarily need air gesture but would be interested in what can be unlocked with the Note 4.
sry that i did not include the link but i posted that via tapatalk and so i did not know how to insert it.

this is the link to the aforementioned thread

http://xdaforums.com/note-4/general/guide-how-to-enable-air-gesture-air-t2940710

Reactions: Soulforged666

Luhccas-X10

May 26, 2010
Fortaleza - Ceará
1 - Get rid of S Finder and Quick Connection in status bar. (customization of it in this case)
2 - A proper manual camera mode like Xperia's.
3 - A decent music player like Walkman (i came from a Z3, forgive me)

Everything else is great.

Hannah Stern

Aug 30, 2014
Samsung's Self Destruction: Screwing up the new Phones

Warning: Huge post ahead.
New Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3183666
Screen recording
Record calls
No more gestures for music player
Yes. Screencast was good. I wish the Note 4 also to have no EFuse.
This is, why eFUSE is a horribly bad idea: http://xdaforums.com/android/general/efuse-dont-t3140740#post62081981

The big advantage of the Note 4 over Note 3 is the OIS Camera.
But the User Interface is so ugly and has many less features than Note 3 and S5. The Note 3 had S Finder in Air Command.

And here is everything, which i'd like on the Note 5, which is missing on N4. (HARDWARE):
  • USB 3.0
  • Waterproofness
  • Temperature Sensor
  • Humidity Sensor
  • Air Gesture Sensor
  • TSP-Hovering aka AirTouch (for Air View and it"s gimmiks.)
  • Hall-Sensor
  • UV-Sensor
  • UKW Radio Antenna LW MW SW FM and jFM
  • Force-Touch
  • Robustity of Design (2.5D Glass as known from S3)
  • Revertable EFuse
  • Dual-LED Flash
  • OIS-Selfie-Camera
  • 480fps and FullHD - Like MT6795 does it.
  • 4 GB RAM
  • Colour Spectrum (RGB)-Sensor
  • Laser-AF (is not so important, if Samsung manages the AF to be so fast anyway.)
  • OIS with more Axis and higher stabilisation level.
But i like the new S-pen-Design and Touchscreen Sensivity.
I miss the times, where the S2 was the #1 Phone.
AirGestures were useful, when your hands are dirty and ´ýou want avoid to make the touchscreen dirtý. See:

But the S6 with project zero was just horrific.
See: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61754683&postcount=522&c=370
Or:
A phone, with only software disadvantages is OK, because software is easily improvable and you can modify it to make it better, on the same phone.
Theoretically, you also can do everything else with software.

But hardware is more important;
  • × Removable Battery
  • × MicroSD
  • × USB 3.0
  • × Waterproofity
  • × MHL-HDMI (Micro HDMI)
  • × USB.OnTheGo (OTG)
  • × Battery Size
  • × Temperature Sensor
  • × Humidity Sensor
  • × Air Gesture Sensor
  • × UKW-Radio-Antenna (without need for Headset)
  • × OIS-Selfies
  • × TSP-Hovering aka AirTouch (for Air View and it"s gimmiks.)
  • × Hall-Sensor
  • × UV-Sensor
  • × Digital Compass (Magnetic Sensor)
  • × Force-Touch
  • × Robustity of Design (2.5D Glass as known from S3)
  • × Other Removable Parts
  • × Physical Shutter Button (two levels: 1.Focus 2.Shoot)
  • × Revertable EFuse
  • × Dual-LED Flash
  • × High Touchscreen Sensivity (as known from S5 and Note Four)
  • × 480fps and FullHD - Like MT6795 does it.
  • × 4 GB RAM
  • ✔ Colour Spectrum (RGB)-Sensor
  • Laser-AF
  • ✔ Fingerprint Scanner
  • ✔ Pulse-Sensor
  • ✔ Gorilla Glass 4
  • ✔ 3-Axis-OIS
  • ✔ Lossless Digital Zoom

For a Perfect Note 5, just my mentioned points need to be fixed.

I hope the Note 5 not to have this ugly S6-Like logo:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:GalaxyS6_Logo.Png&oldid=166478957

The old logo with the Smart „S" was much better: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/3/38/20150721132405!GalaxyS6_Logo.Png

Please make the TouchWiz not uglier. the S3 Waterful TouchWiz was wonderful.
Now the S6 with it's TouchWiz looks like negative colours of S3 UI.

Please bring the coloured arrows and battery icon of the Status Bar (DropDown) Back.

And i'd like to access everything from the dropdown menu.

Another Post from the S6 Thread:
I know, so less camera features make the phone to start slower, but they can make two camera apps.

1: All features from every older Samsung phone
2: The Quick-Start-Camera app (if the Note 5 has a physical shutter finnaly
but the Note 4 and the S5 were able to enable/disable some camera features. The S6 is NOT.

Project Zero means:
Zero things, that we appriciated from Samsung before.

@samsung: Please cancel this stupid project or go for @hella356's idea:
I would love to see Samsung make an extra model along the lines of S7-E (for Expandable). Basically the S4/S5 version - bringing back all the features that so many of us miss - of whatever they do with the S7, because the S6 ship has already sailed. That way they cover both bases & everyone's happy. The 'E' version could be slightly thicker than the standard model.
I wish to have a Note 5-E. :)

I wish people would quit crying about MicroSD. It's 2015... USE THE CLOUD. Usb OTG is yet another option. The phone fully charges right around 1 hour.. I swear, some people are just miserable regardless.

You know there are still lot of countries with poor and limited internet speed right?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes. You're right. I was there, where the internet is pretty much zero.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

1 - Get rid of S Finder and Quick Connection in status bar. (customization of it in this case)
2 - A proper manual camera mode like Xperia's.
3 - A decent music player like Walkman (i came from a Z3, forgive me)

Everything else is great.
Yes, it should not be completely removed, but there should be the costumization possibility to enable/disable it, whenever you want.

However, this new Lollipop App Switcher was already there in 4.4.4 -only for the Note 4.
Fancy Switcher can also get Lollipop, but they are able to access the app infos.
In the HTC One M9, you can hold down the app-icon. Why not in Samsung's phones?

Don't like...
2. No settings capacitive button means I'm unable to interact with certain apps that fill the whole screen so don't have a settings option available, like the Dragon NaturallySpeaking android microphone, thus forcing exiting the programme on the PC and re-inputting the settings on the note for all over again from scratch!

I am sorry to say that, but on the S6, (which lost thousands of features anyway), long-holding the left key is now sacrificed for something else.

Here is another post from the "S6 destroyed MHL" thread:

Hi Hannah Stern. I'm a Note 4 owner and i've been watching your posts over at “anyone else disappointed in missing note 4 features...“, and i totally agree with you and your coined “samsung project 0“ - i for one will be sticking with note 4 and never look to another samsung phone unless they come to their senses and change back their crappy trend.

Any solution for your faulty cable? By the way, can i connect an external hdd to note 4, usb to micro usb cable?

Thank you very much, bbbobbbo.
Thank you for taking time, to read my looooonnng boooring posts in the Note 4 thread. :)

Actually, the Note 4 has MHL. See GSMArena.

Yes, the S6 is a Cr^pPhone.

The Processing Performance, Screen and Graphics Card is OK, but now, Samsung has nothing, which is really highly special.

Special things about phones:
  • Waterproofness (Xperia and S5)
  • USB 3.0 (Note 3 and S5)
  • Temperature Sensor (Sony and S4+Note 3)
  • S-Pen (Note-Smartphones)
  • Good User Interface and Many Features (Note 2 and Note 3)
  • AirTouch, AirView, TSP-Hovering (S4 and Note 3)
  • Many useful gimmicks (S4 and Note 3)
  • Replacable Battery (Samsung. Sure, Samsung has replacable battery. That was for sure, until the S6 came) (Now LG (G3+G4) is the only one with Replacable Battery.
  • Humidity Sensor
  • Options Key (is now sacrificed.)
  • MicroSD (Now HTC, Sony, LG. But not Samsung.)
...and they have even removed more! (MHL etc...)
At least it has Pulse and Fingerprint scan and USB-OTG.

Here is the S6 Disappointed Thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/help/disappointed-s6-list-reasons-t3044369

Unfortunately for fans of the Note series (I'm not one; I briefly had a Note 3 and it was just too large for my liking as a DD, although a great product otherwise), it looks like the Note 5 will more or less be a larger S6 with a stylus. I think the direction Samsung went with the S6/Edge is really good in terms of making a great product for people - and there are a lot of them - who don't care about removable storage & battery; the problem is they alienated a huge number of customers for whom those features were some of the most important aspects of the S and Note series for years, and which kept so many of us coming back to Samsung every time. A lot of people jumped ship to the LG G4 for this reason. Considering the vast number of different models of phone Samsung makes compared to all the other major manufacturers, adding a variant of the S and Note which retains those features, while being otherwise identical, seems a fairly small concession, especially considering they could still charge flagship prices for them. So for now I'm sticking with my S4, with a used S5 being the only phone currently on my list as a replacement once the S4 craps out. If they release something like an S7-E, I'll definitely buy one, and pay the premium for whatever the largest built-in storage was that it was released with, and still put my 128GB SD card in, as well.

1. Damn it! Project Zero
  2. We always appreciated Samsung for what they removed on the S6. (Darling Note 2 ♥)
  3. High Value Design in combination to MicroSD and Removable Battery and Waterproofness (Waterproofity) plus USB 3.0 and MHL-HDMI and USB-OTG and all those mentioned hardware IS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE. Maybe it's a bit thicker. See: http://xdaforums.com/general/help/thickness-phone-to-batter-battery-life-t3133035 and http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61982181&postcount=529.

@hella356 - Your Galaxy S7-E (Note5-E) was a defenetly a very good idea.
@bbbobbbo - Thank you very much. :) Finally somebody understands me. :cowboy:

It was a pleasure reading your comments, and it's a lot of sense in them.

Humidity sensor is also present in note 3, alongside with temp sensor. And don't forget about FM radio which they also stripped! I've missed that since my note 2 (i've owned note 2, 3 and now 4)

Yes, you're right, and I'm really pissed; the best overall experience I had was with my beloved note 2, a really excellent performer. Note 3 was a no go because of its sh#tty pics in low light.

Note 4 has good camera with ois, finally. But... is sadly missing many features from note 2 and 3, as you said. The spen is the only thing specifically to Samsung that's still there, and if ever another manufacturer picks the idea up and makes a mother of all phones WITH something similar to spen, I'll be the first to buy it.
Thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate it.
Take a look at the LG G4. I hope the Note 5, not to be a note zero. I hope it, to have the old Galaxy logo again, not the new uglier one from the S6.

Actually, if you turn Intelligent Stabilisation on, and hold very steady, then your low light photos with the Note 3 will be much better. The Note 2's low light performance is also not the best.

But you're 1000% right. I really miss OIS on the Note 3. Also 1440p Video Recording is something that i miss. (Saves Space in comparisson to 4K, but is better than FullHD.)

I wish, that there would be one phone, which really has ALL features. ALL features from the older ones, not missing a single one.
If more features cost more space, why the hell don't they make phones with bigger space storages?

Also: S6 has finally slow motion, how i described it here: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/slow-motion-phones-device-how-to-imo-t2998500 - they have done that TOO LATE! (After pj.0 started.)

Project Zero means:
  • Zero Features
  • Zero Reputation
  • Zero Flexibility

Another thing: The Note 2 had such a beautiful waterful natural user interface. The S6 user interface is horribly ugly.

MHL was there since S2 GT-i9100 and Note N7000. Nobody would expect it to be removed, as it was very, very useful.

Advantages of MicroSD in comparison to USB-OTG are:
  • Does not reserve the charging port (but there's still wireless charging as alternative, but that's not very fast.)
  • It's inside of the device and does not affect the flexibility.

Myself, i could live with a Note 4, but i really prefer the Note 3, which has many more software features and sensors. And a much frendlier, lively User Interface.

But i miss Radio on my Note 3. I hope the Note 5, to be able to use the Radio without needing a headset.

The S6 destroyed my MHL-Cable. Twelve meters. Expensive.
I was shocked, when i saw this page the first time: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php - Samsung moved to the dark side. Horrible.

Also take a look at this thread: http://xdaforums.com/general/help/thickness-phone-to-batter-battery-life-t3133035

The S6 is thinner. Better? No, but thinner.
But flexibility and features are much more important than design. Theoretically, it is also possible, to have a good design in combination to the S6-Design. Isn't it?

Let's hope Samsung, to cancel project cr^p.

Samsung made other manufacturers like Apple very happy with their Project. It's just sad to see, how Samsungs Phones improoved before, but now, they loose more and more features. If the purpose of the feature lsos is, is, to save space storage, just build phones with bigger space storage. That's it.

4 Camera Disadvantages for S6 and Note 4, which were easy to avoid.
  • Burst shot Limit: 30? The S5-Models (except G900F) had 1000 and iPhones+Xperia's are unlimited in Burst shot! The S6 Processing Power is also enough for unlimited burstshot. The same applies for the Note 4. It's hard to live with the 20-Burst Shot Limit of the Note 3. Why? Because it is not better than the S4 GT-i9505 (aka ShowOff-Phone 2. S3 GT-i9300 was ShowOff-phone 1. But i9506 and i9305 are no ShowOff-Phones.) I also can't believe, that the LG-G4 is limited to 30 in Burstshot. The G3 still could do 100.
  • The Lollipop-Touchiwz-Shutter sound is so ugly! The older Samsung Shutter sound did sound much nicer! There must be the possibility to change it.
  • Try pressing the iPhone-Camera-Shutter Button 5 Times in a Second. It will ALWAYS shoot a photo. The S6 also has a small shutter lag, but not as small as the iPhone.
  • The S4 Zoom and K Zoom had soo many camera features. Yes, i know, they are hybridphones, but it's nice to have their features on a normal phone.
A camera app has to start fast. There must be the possibility to set up, how the camera should be started. (e.g. Automaticly Record HDR-Photo and record 1080p@60fps Video//Do nothing//Record Slow Motion Video. (Like Xperia Z can do.) )

But more features will make the camera app to take longer to start and the camera-software will be slower. So i suggest two different camera apps. The one with less features it for the Quick Start.
And there should also be the possiblity, to switch between those camera-applications, inside of them. Both camera-apps should be able to launch each other, without exiting the app and searching the other app on the app drwaer.

Weight could have been less than 176gr.
RAW and better calibrated colors with camera (like S6)
New TW themes like S6
Though I think these things will be implemented via OTA update no?

Ok, the S6 has a very good Costumizability, but lost many features:
http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=351642798

There's no reason for removal of features - who knows if somebody needs a feature that others find useless?
If the Design got Updates, there must be a feature to costumize it back.
Maybe some people hate the Android Lollipop's new User Interface!? - So there must be a feature to costumize it like you want it. (Size of App-Icons on each screen, old layout, colours, font type and 100's of other things.)

The only reason to remove a feature is the ressources (Space Storage, etc.) - but the performance of phones are very good today and the solution is making bigger and faster Space Storages inside of phones with faster hardware speed.

Some random missing features from older Phones, that i also miss:
  • Nice Gimmics (Air Gestures, Quick Check, Accept Calls, Player Preview, Design of Multimedia Players, etc.)
  • (Coloured, not B/W - ) Icons in Context Menu Entries (you can find entrys in context menues faster) (N4 has no icons in Context Menus)
  • S5+ - You can set, if your Settings Menu Colour is Black or white and you also have the choice between 3 Viewing Modes N4 only has 2.
  • S5+ - Adjusting Playback Speed in Media Player and Emergency Mode
  • S3 - Screenshot Option in the StandBy-Menu
  • S2 - no Screenshot Shutter Lag and Delay
  • S4 - Group Play, Ch@tON (Screen Transferable), Native Text Detector for Photos
  • S2, S3 Less Restrictions
  • Android Jelly Bean - Green (Blue) nice wonderful Battery Icon
  • Older Samsung Phones like S2: No Screenshot Lag: Ability to take screenshots without holding the two buttons. A short press is enough on those older phones. I wish, the newer phones also had zero screenshot delay.
  • Xperia Z3 and LG's: Screencast and Screenshot option in the Standby-Menu
  • Missing on S6: Volume Controls in the Standby Menu.

The Note 4 is still a good phone - but somehow i also take care of the smallest feature things.…

I think, the next thing, which Samsung is going to do, is, to make OnScreen-Capacitive Buttons (in Lollipop, they got ugly anyway), which eat many screen pixels at the bottom.
See:
Thanks for your post :)
Does anyone know how to keep the stock navbar icons with this GMD Auto-Hide app? I like the app but don't like the buttons it uses, even when you choose the "HTC" option under themes. They just look ugly compared to the normal stock navbar icons.

That's 100000000%% Right. ;)

The old soft keys (back/home/tasks) weren't as good as physical keys but they actually looked ok.

But this new ugly soft-keys (Triangle/Circle/Square) don't look smart at all. They look blood y ugly.

Another possibility is making an option, where you can choose, which softkeys you want, but more costumizability possibilities take more space - so why don't make phones with bigger internal storage?
And don't make the same mistakes, that Samsung did with that Galaxy S6.

• Micro SD
  • Removable Battery
  • Waterproofity
  • USB 3.0
  • Physical Shutter Button
  • Radio
All 6 things are missing at the S6.

I miss Physical Buttons from the Omnia 2 and the Nokia 6220 Classic.
  • They never disappear
  • They're always there and never take place on the screen
  • They're independent from the touchscreen's functionality.

In the menu of every phone, there's an option for automatical disappearance of those softkeys.
  • If the softkeys are there, they take place on screen
  • If they are not there, you have to wipe from down to upscreen to make them appear again.

And i also miss physical shutter buttons.
  • 2-Level for Point and Shoot
  • Instant Camera Launcher (even in standby-moed) to catch up valueable moments
  • More Practical
  • You can physically feel them

The S6's Headphone Jack:
Hello @samsung
People say, that the Galaxy S6 is the biggest mistake of Samsung, since a few years. (I don't know, what was their last big mistake)
See:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=S6+Biggest+Mistake

We always appreciated Samsung for MicroSD, for replaceable batteries, for more and more features, not for loss of features.
Many people say, that the Gimmicks (Air View, Quick check, Smart Stay, AirTouch, SmartScreen, Smart Pause) of the Galaxy S4 aren't mature.
So why use them? I think, it's good to have that feature. It's no duty to use it. Who knows? Maybe you'll need it whenever.

Now the S5 and the Note 3 came as a coronation.
All Software Features (some of them already got lost in the S5...), Temperature/Humidity Sensor, Barometer, high touchscreen sensivity USB 3.0 and the S5 is even water-resistant.

Isn't it possible, to have a high-valuable sixappeal design and a replacable battery / microSD in the same device?
And the battery did shrink too much! Thinner is not always better. A few millimeters thicker, but bigger battery or microSD is worthed it.

There are two possibilities, that i suggest for samsung:
  1. Please satisfy us with the Note 5.
  2. Make two different models (e.g. S6r) and the r-models have USB 3.0, Replacable Battery, Physical Camera Shutter Button, etc.

The UI of the Galaxy S6 finally has got a Flashlight Torch in the drop-down-menu, which i wanted since four years. :)
But the UI of the S6 is that ugly Android Lollipop + TouchWiz Nature UX 5.0. Is it still NatureUX? I'd rather call it UglyUX.

The S2, S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 had a beautiful user interface. (See this happy family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idb4Wx4e3co or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GvSvn8troU ) That time, Samsung didn't even knnow Feature-Loss. Only one thing that the S3 lost, is limitless QCIF-Recording (176 x 144), which the M9 Still has. The MMS-Mode (which the S6 also loses) is limited to 295 Kilobytes. Another thing is the Samsung Diary App + Video Editor from the S2. No Pro Version. No Advertisements

Having many Stock Features is always very good. That's because they are perfectly optimized for this phone. Example: "A Better Camera Unlocked" crashes sometimes, if you try creating HD-Panoramas.
See:
Hi guys!
There is no animation of video thumbnails in the stock video app. I had it in Note 3. Have they removed it in Note 4?

The S5-User Interface was also pretty much OK. The S5 lost the hudimity sensor, gesture sensor and the temperature sensor and several software features, but was still OK, because there were also many improvements like the ultra power saving mode. The Note 4's design was pretty good, but the User Interface is in the twilight area.

• Less menu features
  • Only 2 instead of 3 menu view options
  • Can't set menu background colour
  • New task viewer menu (it's not bad, but you can't switch back to the old one.)
  • Many lost camera and UI Features
  • Less hardware than Note 3 (sensors etc.)

Then the S6 came.

If they make an User Interface change, they should always add a possibility, to go back to an older user interface layout or so.

If more features and possibilities cost more space, how about a device with more internal space storage? (Don't forget MicroSD)
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksa5HKcqrW8

2 Years ago, Samsung made fun of Apple, because they had their headphone jack at the bottom of the device.

And now?
galaxy-s6-bottom-angle-9zh2jqc.jpg

Like the Note 4 already did, the S6 also removed many features from the drop-down-menu, which are still present on the device... why? The Note 3 had all it's features packed to this drop-down-menu (except. screen zoom and flashlight torch)

The S6 also has no mode for high touchscreen sensivity.

I hope, we finally get an almost perfect phone from the Note 5 and the S7. Samsung now closed everything, for what we appreciated them, with the S6.

MT6795 in Note 6?

> 2160p@60fps or even 120fps
> 720p@960fps with Audio and RealTime
> 480p@1536fps or even 2048 fps, if sensor is fast enough
> Burst Shot - very high speed at Full Resolution
> Instant HDR Burst
> 0,3 Sec Camera Start
> Zero Pause Lag/Delay like iPhone 6+ amd S3 butalso for HDR-Shots -
> Slow-Motion HDR-Video
> Full-Resolution Still Image while Slow Motion Recording (but not at 1080p@480fps, because the CPU-Usage is already at 98 %)
> 4320p Video Recording for Phones with enough Sensor Resolution and Speed
> HDR-SlowMotion
> Use as PC or ExPhone
> Better HD-Image (as known from Oppo Find 7)

> Use it in some High-Tech Bridge-Cameras, DSLRs and DSLM's
> Maximum Camera Performance due to Software (Low Light, Best HDR)
>> LowLight can be made better by software by Capturing many photos in a row and choosing the best parts from the best photos with lower noise, shake and higher detail.

> Boot phone in 4 Seconds, if the Flash-Memory is fast Enough
> Calculator does NOT end at 10^308 or 2^1024.
> Short-Circuit-Resistance (e.g. to resist/avoid irreversible Water Damage - temporairy water damage is OK.)
> Capture Full-Res (Max Sensor Resolution) image, while recording 2160p@30fps (Full-Res-Stills 2160/60 or 1080/480 or 720/960 are too fast for the Sensor)
> Hand-Warmer (simply record 4K-Video)

Galaxy History:
I hoped Samsung to Exclude the S6 from this video:
NEXT is now? USB 3.0 is more „NEXT“ than USB 2.0.
I don't like I truly hate Samsung mentioning „NEXT IS NOW - THE NEW SixAppeal“ (Considered as Sex-Appeal)
The S6 is South-Koreas Next Flopmodel‼

Support for older, cuter phones:
Here is my Disqus Answer to this Article, which i translated to English below: http://www.connect.de/news/android-4-3-sicherheitsluecke-browser-webview-google-2841185.html
Hannah Stern said:
The Newer Phone are Loosing Support.
That's really too bad, because Android 4.3 is the last Android Version, that was still desirable for me. Android Lollipop and the new TouchWiz UI is really Horrible and there are too much bugs, errors and restrictions since Android KitKat. Let's hope to have a better and more freely costumizable Android Muffin.

Manufacturers remove more and more hardware and factory software features.

The Note 3 was pretty much the most perfect smartphone at that time. Only OIS, Waterproofity and Radio was missing. Nothing else. It simply has everything.

Manufacturers remove more „Bloatware", to save space storage. But you can disable them anyway and you can build phones with a bigger internal storage space.

And you can't go directly to the App-Infos with the new Lollipop Task Switcher. Fancy Switcher can call them.

I really don't like the smallest feature removals in comparisson to the older smartphones.

If the User Interface has changes, which is the matter of taste, there must be an additional feature to revert it, whenever you want. Or to call back an older User Interface. (e.g. the Natural Note 2 / S3 User Interface or the Life-TouchWiz from the S4/Note 3.) Sure, there must also be the possibility to go back to the newer one.

Another thing, that i hate, are messasges, that show up only once and never again anymore. There are many more of them in Lollipop.

Maybe somebody wants older, more desirable phones. That's why manufacturers should keep support for older Models: Galaxy S2, Note and S4 Mini would be the acceptance limit. :·)
Desirability:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62134208&postcount=536

* Pan Focus (Camera: Selective Focus ) and Barometer seems not to work on the S6. The only good thing is the quick camera launcher

Here are some other posts from the S6-Thread.

Logo
Tell me your opinion about Samsungs new Galaxy Logo Font Type here:
New S: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/s-s-t3169906
New Galaxy: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/galaxy-galaxy-t3169910

Galaxy Note 3:

Last edited:

NLS

May 27, 2005
Piraeus
www.ilogic.gr
And here is everything, which i'd like on the Note 5, which is missing on N4. (HARDWARE):
  • USB 3.0
  • Waterproofness NOT coming
  • Temperature Sensor NOT coming
  • Humidity Sensor NOT coming
  • Air Gesture Sensor NOT coming - camera can do that
  • TSP-Hovering aka AirTouch (for Air View and it"s gimmiks.) Don't think this is hardware - My N7000 also does it.
  • Hall-Sensor You sure it doesn't have?
  • UV-Sensor You sure it doesn't have?
  • Force-Touch You sure it doesn't have?
  • Robustity of Design (2.5D Glass as known from S3) N4 has great robust 2.5D glass... what are you talking about.
  • Revertable EFuse NOT coming - ever
  • Dual-LED Flash NOT coming
  • 480fps and FullHD - Like MT6795 does it. NOT coming
  • 4 GB RAM NOT sure
  • Colour Spectrum (RGB)-Sensor NOT coming - why?
  • Laser-AF (is not so important, if Samsung manages the AF to be so fast anyway.) NOT coming
  • OIS with more Axis and higher stabilisation level.

Also battery won't be removable and 80% possibility there won't be a microSD slot.

force70

Well, it's time for HTC to step up to the plate and win back it's fans. I don't foresee this happening, but what else is there beyond Samsung? Sony?

LG but locked bootloaders make them worthless

Then there is OPO....cool device but horrible customer service and of course that stupid invite system lol.

Then the other chinese devices of which some are amazing like the huwaei ascend mate 7 but zero development which for most of us here means no go.

Its slim pickins these days sadly.

sent from Canada via my Nexus 6, Note 4, 3, 2 or S3

Hannah Stern

Aug 30, 2014
Weight could have been less than 176gr.
RAW and better calibrated colors with camera (like S6)
New TW themes like S6
Though I think these things will be implemented via OTA update no?

I can still live with a Note 4, but the S6 has a better OIS and Slow Motion.
See: http://xdaforums.com/general/general/slow-motion-phones-device-how-to-imo-t2998500/post62124883

I can't live with an S6. Flexibility and Feature Range is much more Important than Desugn and Value.

I wish to have the OIS and SlMo of the S6 in a more desirable phone.
…and the new TouchWiz is rather ugly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The great hardware is rendered useless by terrible TouchWiz skin.

There are two aspects to TW - 1) the aesthetic, and 2) the functionality it provides.

Let's talk about them...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most people bashing TW (or pretty much any OEM overlay) are comparing it to a Nexus device or AOSP. Google's mastery of UX/UI design has improved but benchmarked against "good" UX/UI design Android L is probably a 7 on the 10 scale. Their apps diverge from each other functionally and aesthetically, popular apps get the most attention leaving them ahead of the rest design wise, and they aren't terribly well integrated. Most of them are needlessly busy (Music and Play) or barren and hard to figure out (Voice). Making all that "flat" isn't really going to change anything. As for the appearance of TW I don't think it's any worse than native Android. Starting with the SGS5 Samsung's made an effort to make the UI more contemporary, their proprietary apps more consistent, and all of it thinner and less busy. Most people who hate TW do so because it's not AOSP, not that it's bad in and of itself.

I love the functionality Samsung's added to Android and am actually a heavy S Pen and productivity user. Most of the stuff I love the most I never see mentioned on XDA; probably because most people here aren't productivity users or primarily use their devices for consumption. For the latter group I totally get why they'd hate OEM overlays and can see why the simplicity of using everything provided "as-is" by Google would be attractive. To an extent, and it's kind of ironic, that's what Apple device users see as a benefit in iOS too. Everything's handed to you and you only have to go another route if you want to.

Here's what I use most in TW. And I mean every day.

• Multiview (drag and drop between windows, Pen Window allowing apps to be overlayed or minimized)
    • Scrapbook (capturing and categorizing things I stumble upon, capturing something on one device and having it available on another)
    • Persistent clipboard (anything you copy is saved for use across apps even after a restart)
    • S Note (brainstorming, handwriting-to-text for meeting notes, syncing and editing between devices, creating S Notes on my PC and sending them to my devices and vice-versa)
    • My Files (FTP & Dropbox integration especially, saving to external storage which Google f-d up)
    • Editable screen captures with S Pen
    • Action Memo
    • S Voice driving mode (to send and listen to MMS, control the device without touching it [Hi Galaxy])
    • Stock browser (being able to sync across my mobile devices, sending an open page between my tablet and phone)
    • Samsung Link (moving content between devices (N3, N10.1-14, Gear, home PC, home server, work PC, Dropbox, multiple Samsung TVs, saving directly to external storage which Google f-d up)
    • Pop-up-play (I like to watch HBO GO, Amazon, Hulu, and TBS while I'm working on gnarly projects)
    • Hancom Office (the best faux-Office product out of a bad lot)
    • E-Meeting (I'll hand someone my tablet and work the presentation from my N3; impresses every time)
    • SideSync
    • WatchOn
    • Milk (love it, even once I have to start paying for it)
    • Nokia Here (absolutely fantastic - it's lightweight like Google Maps but doesn't bombard you with advertising or capture your user data, soon to be available on your wrist too)
    • Samsung's BT HID implementation (using a mouse and a Samsung keyboard is as close to using a PC as you'll ever get on Android)

The most legitimate ***** about TW is the amount of resources it consumes. But there's a caveat. If you're a consumption user and could care less about the stuff I've shared my use of then yes, TW is wasting resources and keeps a slew of processes and threads open in the background that you'll never use. But, and it's a big but, if you were using a Nexus device and wanted to replicate all the stuff I listed and downloaded third party apps (where they exist) from Play you'd be using as many or more resources and everything would be far less integrated.

So like most of the stuff discussed on XDA TW isn't black and white and people's individual views of AOSP vs. what OEM's do to Android is a huge YMMV. How you think about it depends on how you use your device. To each their own. ;)
    I hate listening to music with screen face down I cant see my notifications or screen wake up ...speakers on back sucks.. I like my note 3 speakers on side.. anyone else hate rear firing speakers?
    I think samsung nailed this Note 4 on every single point.

Why need water resistance on a note device? It would make it a little bulkier and you might run into some issues with the s pen. Water resistance is nice but not a necessity IMO.

5.7 inches is perfect. Why increase the display size and not get the best benefit of fthe QHD display. Why have less ppi? Makes no sense to me.

64 bit processors are coming in 2015, they will make the Note 5. Seems that ppl want every thing now. Android L does not require 64 bit.

I dont know man, to me the addition of a 16 MP camera with OIS, QHD display, the very nice metal all around the edges, the improved front facing camera, the S805 make this a beastly phone. I would argue that its a worthy upgrade over the Note 3.
    Same here, no water resistance, no upgrade, simple as that.

Samsung dropped here hard with the note 4, it is not a worthy upgrade. They will ask themselves later why they sell less and less every year when they launch almost the same phone and people can buy nexus, oppos or similars with almost same hardware but 50% cheaper.

ois, 4gb of ram, water resistance, 3500mah and I was sold, they did nothing but ois, so no thanks.
    Agree with the water resistance.