Touch Settings (development ceased) v.2.2 - Change EVERYTHING on your cube!

Search This thread

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Hey Carlos,

I just got to making some mediahub icons earlier today and was able to change them with 2.14apre. Looks great. I now have Tomtom and Navigon on my media hub and put the video and picture icons over on the aplauncher. That said, I'm not sure if you are aware of this but you are missing 3 options for the media hub icons in the advanced tab.

When you play music and open the cube you have the ablility to change the music and see the status in the cube, thus the actual icons become smaller as you have a little media player that shows up in the top icon (given) I was able to make 3 smaller icons for the mediahub for this feature but no way to load them in with your program. Do you think this feature will be added on soon as well.. or at least put on your long list of stuff to include! :p

I dont usually use my cube that much while I am playing music nor would I need to open one of the GPS programs but it would still be nice to have the cube completly finished!

Also, I'm not sure if you had answered this already but is there anyway to load in different effects like that barrel transition made in the customization thread? Or is there a feature there I'm not able to figure out to load in the new transitions?

Thanks and again.. Great work. Your program is literally helping thousands and thousands of people with the touch

Last edited:

rmoore3d

Oct 23, 2007
Do you mean the previous version caused you to lose your QuickDial entries OR something you did wrong OR something in the new version? Let me know if something needs changing.

It happened after using 2.14. It built the 3D cube but after I closed the program all the quick dials where gone. They were easy to repoduce because the animation still showed how I had it set up. After entering the info again I redid the cube animation again and did not lose the quick dials the second time. Here is the log.

Attachments

• log.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 119

pp18

Oct 26, 2007
Hong Kong
@carlos
pls see post #1 and 2 in this thread. i've tried to dump out my findings. if anything still missing to facilitate development of 3/4-side switching feature, pls feel free to let me know. well, in terms of 3/4-side switching, seems Vogue and Nike are using the same way, while Vogue doesn't have the troublesome {ColorSkin} and fixed .brn path issues.

carlosp_uk

Aug 25, 2005
It happened after using 2.14. It built the 3D cube but after I closed the program all the quick dials where gone. They were easy to repoduce because the animation still showed how I had it set up. After entering the info again I redid the cube animation again and did not lose the quick dials the second time. Here is the log.

Thanks, do let me know if it happens again, possibly an upgrade glitch.

To save any changes you've made to QuickDials from 2.14a pre onwards you always need to choose 'Save Settings' from the SoftMenu otherwise any changes (except animations) will be lost.

carlosp_uk

Aug 25, 2005
Hi folks!

Well that's it from me until the New Year now, got work all week and then a christmas break, so thanks for all your beta testing help.

Here's a new build to last you til 31/12 - it has the MediaHubMini Playing Icons (normal/pressed) in advanced settings, although in the next build I'll be making the MediaHub screen more like the App Launcher screen, i.e. you can tap the icons to change them, etc.

Features that may appear over the next few builds:

- Upgrade to the AP Launcher screen so that you can drag the icons around to change their positions. (snap to defaults)
- New MediaHubMini tab, with icons etc. (see above)
- Add more than 6 apps to the APLauncher (if supported)
- 4th side of cube supported. (Vogue/Nike only)
- Support for Nike Action Screen
- Support to change speed of cube (Vogue/Nike only)
- Integrated Icon Library / Skins - plus, choose icons and download from online library.
- Import BMP files
- More animations.
- Bug tweaks, e.g. fine tuning of placement of gridlines, QuickDial contacts etc.

See you in January 2008. Have a happy Christmas!

Carlos

PS

you are missing 3 options for the media hub icons in the advanced tab.

Hi Aaron thanks for the kind words. Yes, I was aware but hadn't got around to adding these icons as I'm planning to overhaul the MediaHubMini tab. Anyway, please find them added in Advanced Settings in the attached build - hope this will do for now! C

Last edited:

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Hey Carlos,

Thanks again for all your hard work. I'm going to install the latest version right now and play around with it. Also, on the main mage of the icon thread I made if its alright I'm going to put a link to this thread so they can download your program. There's been a few people in there asking how exactly to customize their icons.

Happy holidays to everyone! Carlos thanks for ths early christmas present!

sketchy9

Aug 20, 2006
Carlos, have a good holiday break. This program is incredible, it's what SHOULD have been included with every Cube-using HTC device. Why it wasn't is beyond me, but thanks to you it doesn't matter! Small feature request: there is now a 6-sided cube for the CDMA Vogue, would it be possible to support that? (I know you mentioned support for a 4-sided cube in a future release, just wanted to ask for 6-sided support as well). Merry Christmas and don't drink too much beer!

-R

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Carlos, have a good holiday break. This program is incredible, it's what SHOULD have been included with every Cube-using HTC device. Why it wasn't is beyond me, but thanks to you it doesn't matter! Small feature request: there is now a 6-sided cube for the CDMA Vogue, would it be possible to support that? (I know you mentioned support for a 4-sided cube in a future release, just wanted to ask for 6-sided support as well). Merry Christmas and don't drink too much beer!

-R

Where can you download the 4 and 6 sided cube from? I've only seen the 4 sided feature in the Icube

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Read their warnings before installing. Supposedly, these versions only work in certain phones. However, once a tweaker...always a tweaker :D

6 sided: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12798

4 sided: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12791&highlight=cube

Wow.. looks pretty neat. I think I'll wait till Carlos' program can edit the other panels so I dont have to mess around with the registry stuff and all that. It would definatly be nice to have another page to load custom icons on to launch programs and what not. Looks really cool. Thanks for the links!

O'Neil MItchell

Sep 19, 2007
Touch Settings

I tried everything you said,1. DELETE the file MediaHubMini.lnk from your \Windows\Startup directory and reboot... OR just terminate the process MediaHubMini.exe using memmaid, SKTools or another program.
The only problem was that the file was not in the Windows\StartUp folder, it was just in the windows section a MediaHubMini.exe. I tried to terminate it using memmaid but i got an error stating could not delete. PLEASE HELP

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Beta Tool Time Limited

If you are not aware, the beta tool is time limited to the 31/12. You may have to revert to the last full release before this beta if carlos has not come back with a new release by then.

Cheers

WB

carlosp_uk

Aug 25, 2005
I tried everything you said,1. DELETE the file MediaHubMini.lnk from your \Windows\Startup directory and reboot... OR just terminate the process MediaHubMini.exe using memmaid, SKTools or another program.
The only problem was that the file was not in the Windows\StartUp folder, it was just in the windows section a MediaHubMini.exe. I tried to terminate it using memmaid but i got an error stating could not delete. PLEASE HELP

With the newest beta you don't have to do this step.

C

s.christophides

Dec 19, 2007
Same problem

I seem to have the same problem with O'Neil MItchell.I have the htc touch with the upgraded 128 mb ram and 256 rom...dont know if that matters.I tried everything from the instructions i still cant seem to install the app.I always get the admin privil error.i also tried the manual installation but i cannot override the MediaHubMini in my windows folder with the new one from the installation. I used memmaid and disabled MediaHubMini the first time and since then(after restarting the phone several times) it does not appear in memmaid. Any other ideas?i tried both the normal and beta version. I should also mention that like O'Neil MItchell there is no MediaHubMini.lnk in my startup folder.

Thanx

carlosp_uk

Aug 25, 2005
I seem to have the same problem with O'Neil MItchell.I have the htc touch with the upgraded 128 mb ram and 256 rom...dont know if that matters.I tried everything from the instructions i still cant seem to install the app.I always get the admin privil error.i also tried the manual installation but i cannot override the MediaHubMini in my windows folder with the new one from the installation. I used memmaid and disabled MediaHubMini the first time and since then(after restarting the phone several times) it does not appear in memmaid. Any other ideas?i tried both the normal and beta version. I should also mention that like O'Neil MItchell there is no MediaHubMini.lnk in my startup folder.

Thanx

Just to clarify, the installation process for the new beta (v2.15) is simply as follows:

- COPY THE CAB TO YOUR PHONE AND RUN IT.

No other installation steps are required. If you are getting the permissions error, it is something else other than Touch Settings that is causing this - please see www.fatattitude.com/software, under Touch Settings -> Support for some suggestions as to how to solve this.

Incidentally, I suspect you are not viewing PROCESSES in MemMaid; that is why 'mediahubmini.exe' is not appearing. Try the last tab on the right in MemMaid and you should see it... ...providing, of course, you have an HTC phone with the touch 'cube' installed!

nmeister

May 13, 2006
Just to clarify, the installation process for the new beta (v2.15) is simply as follows:

No other installation steps are required. If you are getting the permissions error, it is something else other than Touch Settings that is causing this - please see www.fatattitude.com/software, under Touch Settings -> Support for some suggestions as to how to solve this.

Incidentally, I suspect you are not viewing PROCESSES in MemMaid; that is why 'mediahubmini.exe' is not appearing. Try the last tab on the right in MemMaid and you should see it... ...providing, of course, you have an HTC phone with the touch 'cube' installed!
The cab doesnt work for me either. I havent tried the manual install though.

Xanius

Dec 21, 2007
Tulsa,OK

Memmaid doesn't show mediaminihub in the process list on my sprint touch. The file is also restricted to not be deleted/cut/renamed.
I haven't tried manual install because it doesn't look like there's one for the sprint touch beta cab.

TE2

Nov 18, 2007
One more step on MemMaid...

Up at the top of the page for the last tab is a pull-down. It defaults to 'Running Programs', you need to pull it down to 'Running Processes' and you'll find the 'MediaHubMini.exe' on your Sprint Touch.

carlosp_uk

Aug 25, 2005
One more step on MemMaid...

Up at the top of the page for the last tab is a pull-down. It defaults to 'Running Programs', you need to pull it down to 'Running Processes' and you'll find the 'MediaHubMini.exe' on your Sprint Touch.

Did this help, xanius?

Incidentally, while I'm on, just to say that I've been playing about with the facility to have more sides on a 'cube', e.g. 4 sides, 5 sides, etc. (There's an excellent example of a skin using this technique called the 'iCube' on this very forum) I hope to have Touch Settings supporting 4+ sides within a small while.

best

C

havocnl

Sep 29, 2007
Tilburg
www.twitter.com
Did this help, xanius?

Incidentally, while I'm on, just to say that I've been playing about with the facility to have more sides on a 'cube', e.g. 4 sides, 5 sides, etc. (There's an excellent example of a skin using this technique called the 'iCube' on this very forum) I hope to have Touch Settings supporting 4+ sides within a small while.

best

C
Hey carlos, for the multiple side cubes you can also look into the Vista Cubes:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12798
I have the 4 side working great on my touch. In my opinion this version is more the default touch way than the iCube (what's in a name)