Hard-bricked Gio NEED HELP ASAP

Search This thread

AmateurPCGuy

Feb 3, 2014
I was attempting to install yajnab's Android 4.4 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582642) when I encountered a Status 7 error. In a state of panic, I shut down the device to look for a fixed version of the ROM (also found on the yajnab thread). When I came back to the device, It was only displaying the Samsung logo (before the Samsung Galaxy Gio logo shows up). I left it at that for the night. When I came back today, the following findings were discovered:

1. It was in a state of black screen boot loop.
2. I can't enter recovery mode
2. I can enter download mode, but Windows doesn't recognize the drivers I installed. So the device reverts to its black screen boot loop.
3. Odin can't recognize the device since Windows can't discover the device's drivers in the first place.

I need help on this one very badly. Please be noted also that I can't afford a JIG (or whatever that was) and I can't send this to Samsung repair centers because the warranty on this thing is apparently gone 2 years ago.

iamdani46

Dec 26, 2011
Lahore
Try this:
Remove Battery, remove SD card

Attach your phone to PC via USB cable, without battery inserted
Open ODIN and now the work begins.

Hold the respective keys to get into Download Mode. Then while holding them insert battery.

It'll get recognized on ODIN.. Mine did.

AmateurPCGuy

Feb 3, 2014
Try this:
Remove Battery, remove SD card

Attach your phone to PC via USB cable, without battery inserted
Open ODIN and now the work begins.

Hold the respective keys to get into Download Mode. Then while holding them insert battery.

It'll get recognized on ODIN.. Mine did.

Tried it... this comes out...

http :// imgur (dot) com/ GvdTCFe (just clear out the spaces, new members can't post external links yet :(

iamdani46

Dec 26, 2011
Lahore
Oh my, then i can't think of anything else,
You have to contact Marcin (Search him on xda) he helped me a couple of times. If all fail then u got to spend some money and give it to Samsung

devrieshh

Mar 27, 2011
I was attempting to install yajnab's Android 4.4 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582642) when I encountered a Status 7 error. In a state of panic, I shut down the device to look for a fixed version of the ROM (also found on the yajnab thread). When I came back to the device, It was only displaying the Samsung logo (before the Samsung Galaxy Gio logo shows up). I left it at that for the night. When I came back today, the following findings were discovered:

1. It was in a state of black screen boot loop.
2. I can't enter recovery mode
2. I can enter download mode, but Windows doesn't recognize the drivers I installed. So the device reverts to its black screen boot loop.
3. Odin can't recognize the device since Windows can't discover the device's drivers in the first place.

I need help on this one very badly. Please be noted also that I can't afford a JIG (or whatever that was) and I can't send this to Samsung repair centers because the warranty on this thing is apparently gone 2 years ago.

you havent the right cwm recovery installed for cm11
you need the cwm recovery 6.0.4.7

you probably need different samsung usbdrivers i gues this one Samsung USB Drivers for Mobile Phones 1.5.27.0: Free Download (if not trye a different one,for example the .24 one
see forum ,also windows 8.1 is hard for odin. for help see the forum...[DEV][RECOVERY]Clockwork Mod Recovery[6.0.4.5][19/12/2013]

Khaon

Apr 3, 2012
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
You should unistall all mobile driver and adb

Unistall from program unistaller, and periphical panel. Then run USB de view to clean left USB driver. Right click unistall.

Then install proper Samsung USB driver and you should be able to flash through fastboot

Good luck

Envoyé de mon HTC One X en utilisant Tapatalk

AmateurPCGuy

Feb 3, 2014
Problem Solved! But what's the best ROM?

I got the problem solved (After a week, sheesh) and Its running fine now. But the problem is, What's the best-est ROM that I can use? My sister hates CM10.1 with KitKat Skin, Yajnab's KitKat ROM was the root of the issue, and Maclaw's 4.2.2 apparently was "slow", according to her. She also doesn't like Jellybread as it was "hard to use"

Pretty picky sister, right?

Coolmaster19

May 2, 2013
Liberec
Rom select

I got the problem solved (After a week, sheesh) and Its running fine now. But the problem is, What's the best-est ROM that I can use? My sister hates CM10.1 with KitKat Skin, Yajnab's KitKat ROM was the root of the issue, and Maclaw's 4.2.2 apparently was "slow", according to her. She also doesn't like Jellybread as it was "hard to use"

Pretty picky sister, right?

You can use this CM7.2 based ROM.. I'm testing it on my GIO and it's really fast.. I have no idea about battery durability, but I can tell you tommorow.. :)
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2132465