[Q] Need baseband for AT&T e980

Search This thread

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
I'm trying to flash the baseband for the LG Optimus G Pro AT&T version using this file (unfortunately, I'm a new user so I can't post the URL here).

Unfortunately, it errors out during flash:

set_perm: some changes failed
E: Error in /data2/media/clockworkkmod/backup/E980_Baseband.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What permission does it need? Does anyone have working baseband for AT&T?

Thanks

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Find MadMack's Cyanogenmod 10.2 page. You will find it in the first post

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Vamfoom

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014

Thanks for the response. Actually, that's what I have on my phone right now but this baseband causes me to loose connectivity periodically and there's no LTE. It would be great if I can get the stock baseband. Actually, I won't mind as long as it works reliably.

Thanks

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Thanks for the response. Actually, that's what I have on my phone right now but this baseband causes me to loose connectivity periodically and there's no LTE. It would be great if I can get the stock baseband. Actually, I won't mind as long as it works reliably.

Thanks

Have you changed your APN? If not, change it to ATT LTE pta if you're on AT&T.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Just re-read your first post. If it did not properly install, you can use the LG flash tool to get back to complete stock. Maybe try re downloading the modem and try flashing that before though...

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Try using TWRP recovery, probably Madmack's hacked TWRP recovery

Attachments

• TWRP-2.6.1.0-E980-LOKIFIED-E986HACKED.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 153

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
Have you changed your APN? If not, change it to ATT LTE pta if you're on AT&T.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Just re-read your first post. If it did not properly install, you can use the LG flash tool to get back to complete stock. Maybe try re downloading the modem and try flashing that before though...

It only has one option -- "att ap.cingular". Hmm.. maybe the flash didn't work properly. I'm using clockworkmod 6.0.3.8. I don't have much experience flashing baseband but the flash went through without any issue.

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
I just flashed this again successfully but still getting connection dropped. The installed baseband listed is APQ8064/MDM9x15M. Is this the right version?

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
I just flashed this again successfully but still getting connection dropped. The installed baseband listed is APQ8064/MDM9x15M. Is this the right version?

No. It should be BM9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.113012

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Use CWM 6.0.4.6 or newer unless you want TWRP

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
No. It should be BM9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.113012

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Use CWM 6.0.4.6 or newer unless you want TWRP

So even though the flash reported successful, that doesn't seem to be the case then. I am using CWM 6.0.4.7. Any suggestion on how to get this fixed?

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
So even though the flash reported successful, that doesn't seem to be the case then. I am using CWM 6.0.4.7. Any suggestion on how to get this fixed?

No, it was successful. You just flashed the wrong one. It needs to be the BM9615A-CEFWMAZM modem.

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
No, it was successful. You just flashed the wrong one. It needs to be the BM9615A-CEFWMAZM modem.

I downloaded one file that has this name: E980-MODEM-BM9615A-CWM.zip. I flashed it with both CWM and Teamwin that went through just fine but I'm still on APQ8064/MDM9x15M. I don't know why it's not flashing correctly.

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
I downloaded one file that has this name: E980-MODEM-BM9615A-CWM.zip. I flashed it with both CWM and Teamwin that went through just fine but I'm still on APQ8064/MDM9x15M. I don't know why it's not flashing correctly.

Yeah I was having some problems with the wifi on cm11 and flashed all the e980 modems available but in settings>about it always showed the same version. I then wiped and reflashed the rom and then it showed the changed baseband version in settings>about

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
Yeah I was having some problems with the wifi on cm11 and flashed all the e980 modems available but in settings>about it always showed the same version. I then wiped and reflashed the rom and then it showed the changed baseband version in settings>about

I got tired of it dropping and having to remove my google account and readd it to solve the problem of PlayStore not able to download so I flashed the phone back to stock. I've tried just about every ROM out there for this phone but they're all unstable. Stock, although has some AT&T junk, still runs the best with good batery life.

Will have to wait for the next stock ROM to be released.

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
I got tired of it dropping and having to remove my google account and readd it to solve the problem of PlayStore not able to download so I flashed the phone back to stock. I've tried just about every ROM out there for this phone but they're all unstable. Stock, although has some AT&T junk, still runs the best with good batery life.

Will have to wait for the next stock ROM to be released.

Don't be too hasty in forming your opinion as the KitKat Roms are way better than stock JB 4.1.2

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Ya... For sure. BAM, Vanir, CandyKat, AICP, CM11 are all extremely stable. Just as stable as stock for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.