[Q] Bricked my phone... have Titanium Backup installed and TWRP... how to restore?

Search This thread

Dougmeister

Jul 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I have rooted the phone but have not upgraded the (Stock?) ROM for many months.

I was trying to get WiFi Tethering to work again and flashed a file that was supposed to fix it. It didn't.
(Edit: That file was "MD4HotspotMod-Odexed.zip"...)

Do I have to re-flash the last ROM I downloaded? I think it is still on either the internal storage or the external SD card.

"Power+Home+Volume UP" will flash a ROM, but I don't know where the ROM needs to be. I think I had to rename it "update.zip" and put it in the root of the internal memory last time...

"Power+Home+Volume DOWN" puts me into Team Win Recovery Project v2.5.0.0, but I don't know what to do in there.

(It is stuck at the glowing SAMSUNG logo when I attempt to boot normally...)

Thanks.

P.S. In TWRP, the last backup I did was apparently about a year ago... can I use that then once the phone works again, boot it up and restore via Titanium Backup?

Files I see on SD card
* cm-10.1-20130417-NIGHTLY-d2spr.zip
* CWM-Touch-6030naddict.zip
* eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH-L710_LI3_to_L. (can't read the rest... too long of a filename?)
* gapps-jb-20130301-signed.izp
* Know_APP_removeer.zip
* LJ7_PhantomHacker_blazed_v2.1.zip
* MB1_update_FULL_DeOdex.zip
* MD4_Update_FULL_DeOdex.zip
* SPHL710_MK3_rooted_odexed.zip
* TWRP-recovery-2.5.0.0_naddict.zip
* wifi_fix_mk3.zip

Files in main memory (root)
* 4de78f2682b5.update_SPH-L710_LEN_to_L
* CWM-Touch-6030naddict.zip
* Odin307.zip
* recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-d2spr.img
* recovery.tar.md5
* TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip
* update.zip (?!)

Last edited:

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
Flash md4_full_DeOdex.zip, but dont wipe anything. With luck you will see everything again.

You flashed hotspot hacked from an odexed rom. You need the DeOdexed version of the hack.

Sent from my Note's unrootable chinese clone.

Dougmeister

Jul 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks.

The phone is working again, but now my WiFi won't work.

I think I'd like to just wipe the phone and start from scratch, but I've never done that before.

Should I start a new thread or could you or someone point me in the right direction?

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
Your best bet is installing a custom and updated ROM, like MOAR for example. That's the one that I use.

Backup everything in internal to pc or external sd, also your apps, contacts, text, etc. As an advise you can delete that lot of old files. You must have like 2gb of old and outdated roms.

Check for an updated recovery like Philz or latest TWRP.

If you choose TWRP, go to wipe/advance and wipe System, Data, Internal Storage.

Be sure you have in your external sd the mk3 modem and the rom you choose. Flash the modem and then the rom. Setup everything and copy back to internal your files.

ROMS and Current Recoveries are in Android Development. Check the ones with MK3.

Most of them have the direct link to mk3 modem. If not CNexus have a link in General.

And if I helped you, please use the thanks button ;)

Sent.

Dougmeister

Jul 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Backup everything in internal to pc or external sd, also your apps, contacts, text, etc.

I backup everything by just copying and pasting to the external SD card using ES File Explorer.

1) What program do I use to backup my apps, contacts, text messages, etc.?
a) Apps: Titanium Backup
b) Text Messages: SMS Backup & Restore
c) Contacts: I have my Google account synced with my phone, so I think this is automatically backed up?

2) What program will make an exact image of my internal memory so it can be restored in completeness?

3) Is there an easy fix for my WiFi in the meantime?

Last edited:

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
I use for texts my backup root. (Mms and texts)

To the backup image you can nand with TWRP. When you are in recovery there's a backup button(choose external sd).

I don't know about any fix, but reinstall. Sorry about that.

Sent.