[Q] SIM/RUIM Card is Locked

Search This thread

TetterkeT

Apr 13, 2008
I was recently playing with some of the Samsung Galaxy Secret Codes and appear to have entered one that locked my SIM (see attached screenshot). The phone still works, but I have to enter the unlock pin every time I reboot the phone. I've searched all over and tried many different things (including the *#0011# menu) and nothing seems to work. Recently did a factory reset and took it into the Sprint store to reflash the software and still getting the message. Is there a code I can enter to get to an unlock screen? Please advise.

Last edited:

dovakinn

Mar 13, 2014
you have just set PIN on your sim , you can always disable it, i believe the option is in settings - security - sim lock. btw it is always wise to use a PIN unless you forget it!! plus this related to your service provider and flashing and resetting the cell won't work , if the sim is locked by a PIN it will always ask for it even when you put it in a different cell.

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Yeah, its a security implemented on the SIM card not on your phone.

TetterkeT

Apr 13, 2008
you have just set PIN on your sim , you can always disable it, i believe the option is in settings - security - sim lock. btw it is always wise to use a PIN unless you forget it!! plus this related to your service provider and flashing and resetting the cell won't work , if the sim is locked by a PIN it will always ask for it even when you put it in a different cell.

I have not found an option anywhere in the phone to disable the SIM lock. Please advise.