[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Open Source (Current: M9)

Search This thread

Rox598

Sep 7, 2011
Northern Ireland
Anyone else got waking lag with the nightlies? Havent been using them but thought id give em a try and flashed todays through to the 17th and they all for me have a bad lag when it comes to waking the screen.

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009
Anyone else got waking lag with the nightlies? Havent been using them but thought id give em a try and flashed todays through to the 17th and they all for me have a bad lag when it comes to waking the screen.
Could be CPU governor related? Maybe try Franco or AK kernel on top of flashing the nightly? I had similar issues before when the CPU didn't ramp fast enough on waking

Rox598

Sep 7, 2011
Northern Ireland
Could be CPU governor related? Maybe try Franco or AK kernel on top of flashing the nightly? I had similar issues before when the CPU didn't ramp fast enough on waking

Yeah i tried changing the kernal with franco but still had the problem. Button lights will come on but screen wont for a few seconds.

Edit. Think I've found the issue I'm using an official flip case and opening the case is unlocking the phone or attempting to insteadn of showing the lock screen which is causing the lag

Last edited:

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
The quick tile toggle for 2G/3G seems to be broken again on 09/22?

(Previous nightly was 09/16)

edit: never mind, seemed a bit slow at first but it was probably because of first boot up.

Last edited:

hammer-is

Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen
That's great.so why cyanogen doesn't release it?it's weird..

Maybe because of ...

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=bacon&type=snapshot will be where its published.
Its not posted yet because Screen Color is broken on the latest nightlies and that has to be fixed before M10 is pushed for the OPO.

I'm not sure but it may have been fixed by this http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/73309/ which was merged to stable/cm-11.0 shortly after M10 was built. So maybe - and I'm guessing - the maintainer did not want to make a sign-off on something that they knew was broken, and the last fix was just a bit to late...

Last edited:

Rox598

Sep 7, 2011
Northern Ireland
Maybe because of ...

I'm not sure but it may have been fixed by this http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/73309/ which was merged to stable/cm-11.0 shortly after M10 was built. So maybe - and I'm guessing - the maintainer did not want to make a sign-off on something that they knew was broken, and the last fix was just a bit to late...

the M10 build was released with that smart cover unlock bug swell so there could be other reasons why it hasn't been released yet

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
i just installed nightly 09/22

MMS over wifi is not working for me

Last i heard was that this was fixed on 09/17 nightly - anyone having MMS issues with the current nightly?

let me try diff kernel/s / apps

aznflawless

Jun 16, 2012
San Jose
How's battery life, i just installed cm11 and currently on latest nightly. Using a wakelock monitor facebook app and facebook messenger has over 500 wakelocks while all my other apps have less than 20. Just installed greenify to see if it helpa with wakelocks

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
How's battery life, i just installed cm11 and currently on latest nightly. Using a wakelock monitor facebook app and facebook messenger has over 500 wakelocks while all my other apps have less than 20. Just installed greenify to see if it helpa with wakelocks

Those aren't "wakelocks", they're wakeup triggers. Big difference. Obviously a messenger app is going to somehow have to wake up and check for new messages, and Facebook itself updates in the background.

omoithesane

Mar 4, 2011
I'm just curious, I've been flashing ROMs for a long time but I've never done nightlies until now. What is the purpose with there being a new one everyday? I couldn't find changelogs for nightlies, is there really ways to improve and add new stuff every single day?
Sent from my A0001 using xda premium

Others have already told you where the changelogs are.

Concerning the purpose: the nightlies are there because CM is a always evolving project... like almost every other software project out there. Everyday, someone makes a change to something, a bugfix, a new feature, cleaning up some code or editing a comment to make it more meaningfull... ore even remove a feature, because it doesn't work the way it was expected. So it is not like every change that has been made is "meaningfull" for the "end-user", and it doesn't need to be. But somehow, all those changes (note that I am not saying "imrpovements") have to be tracked and tested. Thats what the nightlies are for.
They are just built, regardless what the changes are. If they didn't build the nightlies, developers would have to pull in every change manually and build manually.
Every company or project that produces software has (our should have!) a process similar to that, but not every company or project lets you access those test builds. CM lets you do that, but the nightlies are not meant to be stable or "improve" (whatever that means) every night. You flash them at your own risk and if your apps start crashing, calls drop, SMSs cant be sent, there are graphic glitches or your phone jumps out of your hands, gets a lighter, sets your house on fire and steals a car to get away from the cops, well, you have been warned.

If you want "stable", the snapshots are for you. The snapshots do not contain every check-in that has been made since the last snapshot, but only the ones that are tested, reviewed and accepted in the stable repository.

Last edited:
Reactions: hammer-is

marhensa

Dec 17, 2010
Bogor
one question,
in regular CyanogenMod, could you guys hide-unhide the Navbar (change between capacitive button and onscreen button)?

i want to try regular CM.
i'm in CM11S now.

thank you.

om22

Feb 4, 2013
Munich
one question,
in regular CyanogenMod, could you guys hide-unhide the Navbar (change between capacitive button and onscreen button)?

i'm in CM11S now.

thank you.
It's there since the first build I think :p

Try cm11 it's much better for me than cm11s. Only 1 annoying bug at the time(slight graphics corruption)

Reactions: marhensa

_Man0waR_

Oct 14, 2011
one question,

i'm in CM11S now.

thank you.

Yes you can. You can do it in most roms, some don't disable 'yet' the hardware buttons though. (They are disabled in CM).

Reactions: marhensa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 11 opensource builds for the OnePlus One. The following will not be supported in this thread:
    - Custom Kernels
    - Mods
    - Modified system files
    - Xposed
    - CyanogenMod 11S

For CyanogenMod 11S, the customized version specifically for the OnePlus One, please visit this thread: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/discussion-cyanogenmod-11s-t2840305

Instructions:

Comprehensive installation instructions for CM on the OnePlus One can be found on the CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_bacon

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest Snapshot: CyanogenMod 11 SNAPSHOT-M9 (4.4.4) - Download
    Latest Nightly: Download

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus One - CyanogenMod 11 OpenSource, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    neatchee, cyanogenmod, ciwrl
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-07
    Last Updated 2014-08-06
    UNOFFICIAL RELEASE: CM11 NIGHTLY for OnePlus One

cm-11-20150810-Lanchon-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip

this is untested. get it here. enjoy!
    Are we gonna get one last CM11 build? A Snapshot?

It'd be nice to give CM11 the proper farewell instead of just ditching it out of nowhere to support CM12 nightlies back in January

I'll compile a fresh build for you.

Edit: A nice, fresh build. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqghz8ce749lt0o/cm-11-20150628-UNOFFICIAL-bacon.zip
    Mirror - cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip

Guys, can anyone upload last Cm11 nightly? At Cm servers 404 :(

Hi , please can not download: "cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip". Does anybody have a link to download? Thank you

Hey guys, here you go! The last nightly: cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip
    Unofficial M12 for bacon

Proprietary blobs was extracted from "cm-11-20141111-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip" and code was pulled from "stable/cm-11.0" yesterday 11/12/2014.
    It seems to work just fine but use at your own risk :)

"MX" is just the name my own build script uses when building from the "stable" branch so I don't confuse my builds with the official builds when copied to "/storage/emulated/0/cmupdater".

cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-MX-bacon.zip
    cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-MX-bacon.md5sum

I'm waiting for http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Device_Status to be updated to see why the official M12 was not build...