[ROM] [GSM] CM7 Gingerbread Beta 2012-02-19

Search This thread

nobleskill

Feb 4, 2011
Hardware accellerated?
In fact, it's not only browser that is a lill choppy but overall scrolling is.

Yeah I think its related to what I'm looking at. Dolphin seems smooth though and tbh I never use the stock browser but its still nice to know it works.

As soon as I'm sure I've got the ability to live without my phone I'm going to start tampering with the build.prop and add in the required lines. Hope for the best plan for the worst and I really need my phone for atleast the first couple of hours this morning...

Is it just me or is typing about a Million times faster and accurate? I use thumb keyboard and its going like the blazes.... faster than a real keyboard now I think.. love that!!

Sent from my GT-P1000

grukko

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah I think its related to what I'm looking at. Dolphin seems smooth though and tbh I never use the stock browser but its still nice to know it works.

I stopped using dolphin after the official gb rom came out. As smooth as dolphin is, it cannot compare to the speed of the stock browser. As someone who also uses an ipad 2, I can say the the performance is comparable to safari.

Technomancer

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
@Tech, how complete does this have to be before you can/will push this upstream?

I don't know, but it needs to be very clean, minimal changes to framework and other libraries besides device_samsung_galaxytab. Everything should be working and I am not sure about whether they accept binary drivers in vendor/samsung/GT-P1000.

I have noticed that SetCPU sometimes shows 1.2GHz for short time even though max is set to 1GHz. I ran Quadrand and polled /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq in adb at the same time and it was showing 1000 most of the time, sometimes 800. So maybe something is weird with SetCPU?

Everyone: How you install it (Heimdall or CWM) doesn't change how the ROM works. Either way is OK.

TheGrammarFreak

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
I don't know, but it needs to be very clean, minimal changes to framework and other libraries besides device_samsung_galaxytab. Everything should be working and I am not sure about whether they accept binary drivers in vendor/samsung/GT-P1000.

I have noticed that SetCPU sometimes shows 1.2GHz for short time even though max is set to 1GHz. I ran Quadrand and polled /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq in adb at the same time and it was showing 1000 most of the time, sometimes 800. So maybe something is weird with SetCPU?

Everyone: How you install it (Heimdall or CWM) doesn't change how the ROM works. Either way is OK.

CPU Spy shows that 1200MHz is in use, and that my Tab has been using that frequency. Also, the frequencies don't show up in CM's built in CPU control (CMSettings --> Performance)

Technomancer

Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yes. @Tech, you reckon it could be "fixed". Or is it beyond the scope of what you want to do here?

We have the same browser as everyone else in CM7 has. "Fixing" it is frankly beyond my abilities and interest. I am not going to fork the browser and try to fixit just for the Tab. It should be fixed upstream (in main CM7 repo) by people who know what they are doing. The problem with the browser is kind of unclear and "smoothness" is not very quantifiable.

TheGrammarFreak

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
We have the same browser as everyone else in CM7 has. "Fixing" it is frankly beyond my abilities and interest. I am not going to fork the browser and try to fixit just for the Tab. It should be fixed upstream (in main CM7 repo) by people who know what they are doing. The problem with the browser is kind of unclear and "smoothness" is not very quantifiable.

I thought as much. I did a bit a of Googling and it looks to be a nightmare to do anyway.

crysalis786

Nov 8, 2008
Hey.Techno,

You've made fantastic progress thus far. Well done. Extremely pleased with the options to overclock and undervolt as well as the voodoo.sound. unfortunately something has affected the 3d graphics, framerstes are down. You mentioned something to do with crespos open gl.libs? Maybe that has something to do.with it.

Keep up the hard work and much respect.to you!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

k0sh

Mar 24, 2011
Galaxy World
play.google.com
so am living in malaysia , does the 3g will work for me or no ?

did u include any modem with the rom ? i wanna make sure the 3g is working before i flash this one and give it a try

Technomancer

Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area

did u include any modem with the rom ? i wanna make sure the 3g is working before i flash this one and give it a try

No, modem is not included, because depending on the region and device (ATT, TMO, Euro/international) you have to use different modems. For International JK5 seems to be the best.

paulshields

Nov 17, 2006
Liverpool

There's no modem supplied. See the first post for recommended modems, or just flash it and if it doesn't work then flash one of the working modem.bin files.

k0sh

Mar 24, 2011
Galaxy World
play.google.com
No, modem is not included, because depending on the region and device (ATT, TMO, Euro/international) you have to use different modems. For International JK5 seems to be the best.

tnx for replying fast , so if there is not modem is include this is mean that the 3g will work fine right . like in overcome they don't include the modem but the 3g its working without any issue . i thought so :) , am going to give it a try , even if i hate using HM :D

Technomancer

Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
All right, I found the issue with scaling_available_frequencies. Fixed in http://github.com/cm7sgt/kernel-galaxytab-gb/commit/0885fa2ada3162a42a5d1a1e6620acab04be990c so it should be possible to use CM Performance settings now.
I can't believe Samsung forgot to add it. It is there in Aries kernel. Aren't they starting from the same kernel source for aries, herring and p1?

For impatient, fixed kernel attached. Flash with heimdall.
It will be inclued in next release.

Attachments

• zImage.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:

paulshields

Nov 17, 2006
Liverpool
All right, I found the issue with scaling_available_frequencies. Fixed in http://github.com/cm7sgt/kernel-galaxytab-gb/commit/0885fa2ada3162a42a5d1a1e6620acab04be990c so it should be possible to use CM Performance settings now.
I can't believe Samsung forgot to add it. It is there in Aries kernel. Aren't they starting from the same kernel source for aries, herring and p1?

For impatient, fixed kernel attached. Flash with heimdall.
It will be inclued in next release.

Kernel installed ok and can now see the different frequencies in CM settings. However, it doesn't let me set anything higher than 1000MHz unless I was also running SetCPU. Not sure if that's a requirement or not?

Logcat below (when choosing CM7 performance settings):

Code:
com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActivity } from pid 420
D/dalvikvm(  420): GC_CONCURRENT freed 712K, 52% free 3034K/6215K, external 883K
/1033K, paused 2ms+4ms
I/ActivityManager(  174): Displayed com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActiv
ity: +401ms
E/CPUSettings(  420): Error writing to sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scal
ing_max_freq. Exception:
E/CPUSettings(  420): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu
0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq (Permission denied)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.open(Na
tive Method)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at dalvik.system.BlockGuard$WrappedFileSystem.open(Block
Guard.java:232)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java
:94)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java
:66)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(FileWriter.java:80)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.writeO
neLine(CPUActivity.java:180)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.onPref
erenceChange(CPUActivity.java:143)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.preference.Preference.callChangeListener(Pref
erence.java:756)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.preference.ListPreference.onDialogClosed(List
Preference.java:219)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.preference.DialogPreference.onDismiss(DialogP
reference.java:383)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.app.Dialog$ListenersHandler.handleMessage(Dia
log.java:1047)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3
835)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCalle
r.run(ZygoteInit.java:847)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.ja
va:605)
E/CPUSettings(  420):   at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/InputManagerService(  174): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: co
m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@408a0088
D/dalvikvm(  744): GC_EXPLICIT freed 105K, 49% free 2899K/5639K, external 663K/1
034K, paused 114ms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

First, read the readme.txt in the zip file.

You flash it at your own risk. Backup everything. Learn how to use Heimdall. If it eats your dog it's not my problem :p . Many things are broken - post about it in the thread if nobody posted before. If you have any idea how to fix things, post too or PM me.

Requirements: GSM (Euro, US ATT/TMO tabs), with JQ1 (Gingerbread) unprotected bootloaders that can run Euro JQ1 ROM and gt-p1000_mr.pit partitioning.
    Modem versions:
    ATT: use I9000UGJK3 modem (this is what I am using)
    TMO: try JK5
    Euro: reports say that JK5, JPZ modems work
    HK: user reports JK5 modem works.
    CDMA: This ROM does not support CDMA Tabs.
    LTN: experimental kernel included.

The archive with the build with Heimdall is here http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2012-08-05.zip
    Please use heimdall to install. This zip file is not for flashing with CWM. Unzip and read the readme.txt in the zip file. Flash using the Heimdall command line (below).

The update zip for CWM is here http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/cm-7-20120805-UNOFFICIAL-galaxytab.zip, (GSM only, no LTN), please be sure to flash it from recovery that supports EXT4 or flash it once so it updates kernel/recovery, reboot to new recovery and flash it again. If you encounter any problems, use the Heimdall version.

P1000L/N
    There is experimental P1000L kernel and bootloaders included in LTN directory in Heimdall package. It should work on P1000L and maybe P1000N.
    Big thanks to Humberos for patches and testing. Adventureous souls with Latin Tabs please try it and report how it worked for you. You should have Gingerbread bootloaders and partitioning done first, so it should be easy if you are already running Gingerbread on your P1000L/N.

Installation using Heimdall

normal update from previous CM7 version, or a flash from another Gingerbread ROM:
    Code:
     heimdall flash --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.ext4
    full flash and repartition:
    Code:
     heimdall flash --repartition --pit gt-p1000_mr.pit --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot sbl.bin --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.ext4 --cache cache.ext4 --dbdata dbdata.ext4
    Please be careful and double check your Heimdall command line when you flash bootladers, you may brick your Tab pretty bad.

If you get stuck on first reboot after install, or your settings aren't saved it means your data partitions need to be reformatted to ext4. This should be handled by setup_fs in init.rc.
    If it didn't happen, start adb and run
    make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    make_ext4fs /dev/block/stl10
    make_ext4fs /dev/block/stl11
    Or try full wipe in recovery.

make_ext4fs is slightly wonky so you could use "/system/bin/mke2fs -t ext4 -m 0" instead (recovery is also using make_ext4fs internally to wipe partitions)

Samsung apps, Swype, Gapps etc
    This is an unofficial port of CyanogenMod. I am striving to give us the pure CyanogenMod experience on Galaxy Tab.
    So, there are no Samsung apps and don't ask for them.
    There is no TouchWiz and don't ask for it.
    It comes with ADW Launcher and if you want anything else, there is plenty of launchers in the Market.
    If you want Google Apps, get it from the usual place http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ and install from recvery after flashing update.zip. The Heimdall version has Gapps integrated right now.
    There is one stupid annoyance on Google sign-in welcome screen. It asks to slide open the keyboard (which we don't have and for now I can't find this setting). So skip the whole set up and sign in to Google account from Settings->Accounts&Sync.
    Swype: there is no Swype. Since Swype has a policy of allowing Swype on modded ROMs as long as the original ROM had Swype integrated, if somebody cares to make flashable zip with Swype I can link it from OP.

Market issues.
    Market 3.x has much stricter rules about DPI and device checks. So very often it shows apps as not compatible with CM7 on GalaxyTab.
    Just go to Settings->Applications and uninstall updated Market it will go back to 2.x for a while.
    Or try tool like OldMarket http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1240344
    You can also change build.prop yourself, you will need to change two lines:
    ro.build.tags=test-keys to ro.build.tags=release-keys
    and
    ro.sf.lcd_density=200 ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    reboot, delete Market data from Settings->Applications

Big thanks to junkshow for investigating it.

sources at http://github.com/cm7sgt

How to report bugs
    If you think you have found a bug.
    - verify you can repeat it, make sure it is not caused by the fact you did not wipe the device by rebooting to recovery and using wipe when you first installed CM7. Particularly when coming from other ROMs that use ext4. When coming from RFS your partitions should have been reformatted on first boot but wiping after install will not hurt.

Please read existing open and already closed issues at http://github.com/cm7sgt/android_device_samsung_galaxytab/issues
    If your bug is new.
    Please see if it is upstream (general CM7 not related to Tab) bug, see in CM7 issues tracker http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list
    If it is already there, please stop or add a comment there.
    If the bug is about generic issue, please try to verify it it also happens on other CM7 devices. If so, you should post it in CyanogenMod issues.
    If the bug is Galaxy Tab specific, like, some hardware functionality is missing, some driver not working. Dialogs messed up because of resolution etc, this means it belongs to Galaxy Tab device issue tracer and I can fix it.
    In this case please open new issue here http://github.com/cm7sgt/android_device_samsung_galaxytab/issues
    Please use pastie.org or something like that for posting logs.

SDCARD controversy
    By default, the real micro SD is /mnt/sdcard, the internal mmc is /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, like in Galaxy S CyanogenMod builds.
    If you don't like it, you can swap the devices, go to Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Application and check Use internal storage [ ] checkbox.
    Reboot, now internal will be /mnt/sdcard, external will be /mnt/sdcard/external_sd like in Samsung's Android.

In recovery, real sdcard in /sdcard, internal sdcard (embedded MMC) is /emmc.
    If you want to flash zip from /emmc just go in recovery "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from internal sdcard" -> choose whatever you want to flash.
    --
    attachment.php

Current status:
    Voice calls: OK (make sure to use modem.bin compatible with JQ1 RIL)
    3G data: OK
    Wifi: OK
    Bluetooth: OK
    Camera: Photos OK, video encoding (movie capture) back OK, front corrupted
    Sensors: seem OK
    GPS: OK
    Recovery and initramfs: CWM, partitions get mounted, wipe works, havent tried backup/restore
    Video playback: overlay and copybit work, OMX libraries are in and decoding works.

Changelog:
    2012-08-05 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2012-08-05.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/cm-7-20120805-UNOFFICIAL-galaxytab.zip
    Fixed Bluetooth MAC address issue. Now it is read correctly from EFS. Thanks to ableeker.

2012-07-28 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2012-07-28.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/cm-7-20120728-UNOFFICIAL-galaxytab.zip
    Update to latest from CM7 git.

2012-02-19 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2012-02-19.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/update-cm-7-2012-02-19-Beta-GalaxyTab-KANG-signed.zip
    Update to latest from CM7 git. set default DPI to 240 to fix market issues, advanced users can set any DPI they want anyway.
    Go back to stock dialer layout because it has changed a lot.

2011-11-02 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2011-11-02.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/update-cm-7-2011-11-02-Beta-GalaxyTab-KANG-signed.zip
    use android socket for wpa_supplicant control interface. anyone upgrading to this version please delete their /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
    thanks to jt1134, removed extra field in mfc interface in kernel which prevented it from working with aries OMX libraries
    updated media_profiles.xml to expose 1024x600 and 800x600 resolutions for camcorder. its not perfect but at least video recording works now. front cam produces broken video.

2011-10-31 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2011-10-31.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/update-cm-7-2011-10-31-Beta-GalaxyTab-KANG-signed.zip
    update to latest from git. we are little past 7.1.0.
    fix key setting for AP mode
    new init.rc/init.gt-p1000.rc unified with CDMA device

2011-10-09
    move download cache to /data/cache_download and system dalvik cache to data, it should fix download issues with large APKs
    fix bluetooth keyboard keypad rotation issue
    move touchscreen event rotation to kernel to to clean up frameworks/base
    use switchable pair and new stacked mounts in vold for /mnt/sdcard and and /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

2011-09-20
    Update to latest from git.
    Merged P1000L/N kernel. P1000L kernel included in build.
    Voodoo Sound update to V10. Switch to JHASH3 hash function in kernel.
    Disabled NEW_AP in Wifi driver, fixed hotspot mode.

2011-08-07
    Update to latest from git. Android 2.3.5.
    Added BLN kernel driver and LIGHT_ID_NOTIFICATIONS -> /sys/class/misc/backlightnotification/notification_led device to liblights. Big thanks to Neldar.
    Fix geolocation/networklocation settings in props and frameworks' config.xml
    Update EGL driver and pvrsvrkm kernel driver to latest from EF17 Sprint GB release.

2011-07-20
    Update to latest from git.
    Merge changes from Sprint GB kernel source release. Merge relevant kernel changes to up to 2.6.35.10.

2011-06-21
    Enable CRT screen off/on animation.
    Add virtual flag to capacitive buttons to enable vibration when they are pressed.
    Increase HCI baud rate to 3M, hopefully this will help A2DP issues with BT keyboards.

2011-06-13
    Rotary Lockscreen bitmaps and Twelve Key Dialer portrait and landscape layouts have been fixed by Fabrizio. Big thanks!
    Fixed wrong parameter to ril->setCallVolume, hopefully will make call audio better.
    Switched to use Samsung's binary brcm_patchram_plus with the same parameters in init.rc. Bluetooth SCO works now. Magic?

2011-06-06
    Add attribute for available frequencies, fix cpufreq sysfs permissions so CMParts can access it.
    Change compile options for kernel to cortex-a8. Enable Tiny RCU.
    Fixed calls from other places in the kernel that used olde speed levels and caused frequency spikes to 1.2GHz.
    Fixed Low Power Mode (it properly starts /lpm.rc and displays charging animation).

2011-06-05
    Added 10-point Multitouch to kernel (thanks to The_Double and hoss_n2)
    Added overclock (1.4GHz) and undevolt (thanks to Richard Trip and Koxudaxi)
    Added Voodoo Sound V9 (thanks to Supercurio and Richard Trip)
    Switched to (some) Crespo EGL SOs, hopefully will fix some OpenGL issues.

2011-06-03
    Add usb_connected switch to kernel, fixes usb mounting and usb connection detection.
    Use mke2fs instead of make_ext4 for formatting in OTA and setup_fs. Should be more reliable.
    Added download mode to reboot menu.

2011-05-30
    Fix problems with headphones/headsets and libaudio, kanged common-aries libaudio.
    Added OMX libraries and overlay from common-aries.

2011-05-28r2
    Fixed setup_fs so it properly formats partitions.
    Enabled more tablet tweaks (soft buttons).
    Removed format for .android_secure in recovery, should fix wipe.

2011-05-28
    Switched to Gingerbread kernel 2.6.35.7 recently released by Samsung.
    Use JQ1 binary drivers for OpenGL, sensors, lights, copybit, overylay, camera etc, so they all work!
    Portrait is default orientation now, ro.sf.hwrotation=90 is set and touchscreen events are rotated in input layer so they match.

<cut short, more in readme.txt>

Big thanks to noobnl, coolya, codeworkx, rotohammer, KhasMek, deodexed, captainkrtek, lilstevie, a_snowman, frusso, humberos, koxudaxi, spacemoose, oldmacnut and others for help, advice, testing etc etc.

DEVS ONLY HERE ---------------------------------------

How to build CYanogenMod 7 for Galaxy Tab GT-P1000
    First, please read this article http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compile_CyanogenMod_for_CaptivateMTD

You will need the same prerequisites.

Then

Get repo as described there. I put mine in /usr/local/bin

Sync Android tree. You need to use manifest from cm7sgt github.
    (If you have more/less than 4 cores modify your -j4 accordingly)

Create a directory for your Android, you will need oer 10GB of free space. It helps a lot to put it on SSD.

repo init -u git://github.com/cm7sgt/android.git -b gingerbread

since kernel.org gits are still down, until they are back up you need to sync repo tool from github, so use this command line, thanks to Disgustipated for pointing it out.
    curl https://raw.github.com/android/tools_repo/master/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    repo init -u git://github.com/cm7sgt/android.git -b gingerbread --repo-url=git://github.com/android/tools_repo.git

repo sync -j4

Grab Rom Manager as described.

You can't (no script) and don't need to copy proprietary files, everything is already included in vendor git.

Setup your android build environment and choose device to build:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cyanogen_galaxytab-eng
    make -j4

There, it should build with no issues. Sometimes it will complain about API changes, run make update-api then.

From here you have two options.

1. Build Heimdall images. You will need kernel with loop support, losetup, ext4 tools (mkfs.ext4).
    cd device/samsung/galaxytab/tools
    ./buildimage
    it will grab stuff from out and create ext4 images. Flash with Heimdall.

2. Build update.zip
    make -j4 bacon

How to build kernel
    First, you will need the arm toolchain from CodeSourcery. You need arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2

From http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/li...q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2

Unpack it in /opt/toolchains. as root
    mkdir -p /opt/toolchains
    cd /opt/toolchains
    tar -xjvf arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2

Then in your CM7 tree
    BEFORE YOU BUILD CM7 TREE
    cd device/samsung/galaxytab
    ./kernel.sh defconfig
    ./kernel.sh modules

This will configure the kernel and build and copy modules to prebuilt directories. The kernel build directory is out/target/product/galaxytab/kernel_build

Build your android tree normally so initramfs is created.

Then again
    cd device/samsung/galaxytab
    ./kernel.sh kernel
    This will build the kernel using the initramfs in recovery/root and update prebuilt kernel image.

(for Latin kernel use kernel_ltn.sh script and use kernel_ltn file it produces)
    Now you need to run make on your android tree again so boot.img is updated.

And proceed to buildimage or make bacon as usual.
    Little update

Hi guys,

I haven't been doing much with CM7 recently, but here is a little update that should bring you up to date with current CM7 tree and set default DPI to 240 to solve market issues.

2012-02-19 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tcm7beta-2012-02-19.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/update-cm-7-2012-02-19-Beta-GalaxyTab-KANG-signed.zip
    Update to latest from CM7 git. set default DPI to 240 to fix market issues, advanced users can set any DPI they want anyway.
    Go back to stock dialer layout because it has changed a lot.

Also, I looked into the disappearing files issue some people have reported. From quick Google search it seems other people see it on other CyanogenMod devices too. It could be caused by errors on SD cards maybe? With fsck deleting the files after the card has been corrupted?

There is also this Android bug, but it seems to have been fixed http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3692

Also, if you have problems with disappearing files, what setting do you use for this? Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Application settings -> Use internal storage
    This setting is used for swapping mount points for /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    Update 2011-11-02

This should fix wifi issues from previous update, but make sure to delete /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and reboot.
    yes, you will lose your stored APs but it is necessary because the config template changed.
    2011-11-02
    use android socket for wpa_supplicant control interface. anyone upgrading to this version please delete their /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
    thanks to jt1134, removed extra field in mfc interface in kernel which prevented it from working with aries OMX libraries
    updated media_profiles.xml to expose 1024x600 and 800x600 resolutions for camcorder. its not perfect but at least video recording works now. front cam produces broken video.
    Fabrizio fixed layout for landscape dialer and rotary lockscreen, they will be included in the next release.
    hi all,

could somebody help me out please? I just can't install the ROM. I'm using Heimdall Frontend 1.3.0; downloaded the tcm7beta-2011-08-07.zip; extracted this .zip file; phone is detected by Heimdall in download mode; loaded the factoryfs.ext4 under "Load package", but after extraction finished, I'm getting this error message: "firmware.xml" is missing from the package.

I've downloaded and extracted the tcm7beta-2011-08-07.zip again but I'm getting the same error message. start button in Heimdall is not active, can't flash...

when I'm trying to load zImage, I'm getting this error from Heimdall: "Tar header contained an invalid file size."

what am I doing wrong? why it's not working for me? please help me.
    thank you.

The new version of Heimdall is a little funny.

What you want to do is extract the zip you have downloaded to a known directory, then open up heimdall. Click on the "Flash" tab then click on the browse button next to the PIT file option. Navigate to the pit file supplied with the ROM and select it. Now, underneath the box to the right you need to click on Add. When you do this a drop down menu to the left will become active. Change the highlighted option to Kernel, then underneath it click browse. navigate to the extracted zImage and select it. Now click add again, change the dropdown to factoryfs then click browse, select "factoryfs.ext4". Heimdall will issue a warning about the extension, just ignore it and carry on. Do the same process for cache (cache.ext4), and dbdatafs (dbdata.ext4). It will issue the warning for both of them, just ignore it and carry on.

Once done the flash button becomes active, and you can go!

If you need/want pictures, let me know. I'll update this post :D