What brightness do you use?

Search This thread

Chase.Barnett

May 16, 2012
I turn it up only when I'm outside. Other than that, I keep in as low as possible for battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

rodstar87

May 9, 2011
Brooklyn
It all depends on the lighting. But at night its usually turned all the way down. I even use an app called screen filter to go even darker.

Sent from outer space from my Mars Curiosity Rover. :cool:

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
I keep mine at 15% when inside, 35% when I'm in my car during the day (so, briefly at best), and 70% when I'm (geocaching) outside on a sunny day. I have Widgetsoid set to those three values.

I also tend to use dark wallpaper, as the SAMOLED screen's contrast makes icons "pop," which makes them easier to see at low screen brightness.

dscblu

Nov 14, 2010
100% if I'm plugged in, near my charger or if I'm outside other than that I keep it at the lowest setting to save battery

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

golfinglenn

Dec 31, 2010
I just downloaded to Lux app and am very impressed. I was the same as many, even at low the stock brightness was too much in the middle of the night.

Eshorebrewer

Oct 3, 2012
Depends on the situation. 3am feeding with my son sitting in a dark room... all the way down... outside all the way up. Normally I have it around 60%

vonrandy

Jun 24, 2011
I use auto brightness almost exclusively. Sometimes I want the screen darker than it is (if I'm driving at night or in a dim lit area) and then I'll switch it to the minimum brightness level.

jackh0lt

Mar 6, 2013
Billings
I usually keep mine at 50% but I have an extended battery so I'm not worried about levels too much. I have to say the screen looks vibrant when it's lit up decently.