**unable to restore data from a kies 3 backup**

Search This thread

rogvid700

Feb 6, 2014
Dallas, TX
So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method, however after unrooting, I changed my mind about going back and rooting it again, so I went straight to restore the data from the back up. I'm doing this in Kies 3 and when it asks me to "Select the Backup File To Restore" and I choose the "Select Folder" option and choose the correct backup folder from today, nothing happens in Kies.

I have tried selecting it multiple times and putting the file in different locations in hopes that would change something, but somehow Kies 3 is failing to select it or recognize it.
Keep in mind that I'm not getting any error messages or pop-up notifications whatsoever. Kies 3 simply doesn't respond to the folder I chose.

I have also tried uninstalling Kies 3, and re-installing it.
And yes, when I backed up my data, the backup was a success.
Any thoughts on how to fix it? Or other programs that might be able to read a Kies 3 backup file and do it for me? Thanks!

Last edited:

redrover69

Sep 2, 2013
South Florida
So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method, however after unrooting, I changed my mind about going back and rooting it again, so I went straight to restore the data from the back up. I'm doing this in Kies 3 and when it asks me to "Select the Backup File To Restore" and I choose the "Select Folder" option and choose the correct backup folder from today, nothing happens in Kies.

I have tried selecting it multiple times and putting the file in different locations in hopes that would change something, but somehow Kies 3 is failing to select it or recognize it.
Keep in mind that I'm not getting any error messages or pop-up notifications whatsoever. Kies 3 simply doesn't respond to the folder I chose.

I have also tried uninstalling Kies 3, and re-installing it.
And yes, when I backed up my data, the backup was a success.
Any thoughts on how to fix it? Or other programs that might be able to read a Kies 3 backup file and do it for me? Thanks!

Good luck no one knows.

CodeNameRedNeck

May 14, 2012
Cardboard Box
So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method,

I had to use a Vista machine. My Windows 7 machine would not perform a restore. I was getting error saying it had failed or something though. If your Kies is not even giving you an error message then I really don't know what to tell you.

redrover69

Sep 2, 2013
South Florida
So I backed up my Galaxy Note 3 today and restored it to factory settings in order to re-root after unrooting via the SuperUser app method,

I had to use a Vista machine. My Windows 7 machine would not perform a restore. I was getting error saying it had failed or something though. If your Kies is not even giving you an error message then I really don't know what to tell you.

The problem I had is that it just hangs and hangs and hangs then crashes.

Ive tried on 3 machines. I dont have any lock code on my phone.