[APP][1.5+] aScanmem game cheating/debugging utility

Search This thread
Jan 15, 2011
I have finally found time to put it together, so welcome aScanmem - simple graphical frontend for scanmem game hacking utility (or at least it is supposed to be that, but currently it is more of command line than GUI). Scanmem uses Linux debugging API to read/write process memory, which allows one to do variety of things from changing single variable in target process to hot-patching byte ranges and more. It has most of features, available in other scanmem-based cheating tools (GameGuardian etc.) and it's selling point is.. being open source, I guess? Well it is developed by myself, and that's all I care about.

Screenshots:

ascanmem.png

screen.png

Currently implemented features:
  • Screen overlay button, for launching scanmem from other apps (aka GameCIH Toolbox)
  • PID is autodetected
  • Screen overlay console to scan memory of application without leaving it's activity
  • Simple process browser (mostly useful for finding out PIDs of Services)
  • Some level of automation in all of above
  • Frontend and scanmem are protected from Out-Of-Memory killer
  • Some documentation, including scanmem manpage in html format
  • Scanmem 0.13 with few later commits (including fixes for crashes) built for ARMv6/7, x86 and MIPS.

Backend features:

• Fuzzy search (e.g. searching for unknown value)
  • "Freezing" values (also setting different values on independent timers)
  • Viewing and directly editing memory
Data types:
  • 8, 16, 32 and 64-bit integers
  • 16 and 32-bit floats
  • strings (only in native code, no Java strings)
  • byte masks (setting byte masks is also supported)
  • generic types (all integers, all floats, all numbers)

XDA seems to hate new members, so I am not giving you links to scanmem upstream and aScanmem source code. You can find both with Google, if you want.

Attachments

• ProcessChooser-1.0.2.apk
    413.9 KB · Views: 1,111
  • ProcessChooser-1.0.3.apk
    414.8 KB · Views: 4,211
Last edited:

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What games does it work for

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

From what I understood, this isn't the typical "game cheating" app. It allows you to "see" what's stored in the memory, including app values (or game values), search for specific values and modify them. Technically, it should work with every game/app unless it brings some sort of memory protection.

Jan 15, 2011
What games does it work for

I have tested it with both native ports (Plants and Zombies) and pure Java Android apps (Andor's Trail). In theory it should work with any app, not using some form of memory encryption. At least all apps, that can be hacked with GameGuardian should work. Scanmem supports following data types:

• 16 and 32-bit floats
  • byte masks (also can set byte masks)
  • generic types (all integers, all floats)

It also supports fuzzy search (aka search for unknown value). Here is the site: http: // code.google.com /p/scanmem/

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2011
Version 1.0.3 is out. Main changes are more foolproof PID detection method and fix for annoying crash, which used to be caused by "shell" command. Please test and share your opinion on the app before I start uploading it to markets.

moist.vonlipwig

Jan 5, 2014
Got Process killed by signal 7

Version 1.0.3 is out. Main changes are more foolproof PID detection method and fix for annoying crash, which used to be caused by "shell" command. Please test and share your opinion on the app before I start uploading it to markets.

I tried your app and when i pushed the scan button scanmem told me that xxx suitable regions found. When i try to search for a value i get the message: Process killed by signal 7

AFAIK signal 7 is a bus error.

I compiled your code and copied only the scanmem binary on my device (Nexus 7 2012) and with the scanmem binary itself i can search for values without getting a bus error.

Moist

Jan 15, 2011
When i try to search for a value i get the message: Process killed by signal 7
I don't have Nexus 7. Can't confirm on neither of my devices and in emulators. Have you tried other versions / in different applications?

Please post your ROM version, and, if possible, kernel config.

I compiled your code and copied only the scanmem binary on my device (Nexus 7 2012) and with the scanmem binary itself i can search for values without getting a bus error.
Which NDK version have you used? Could you build debug and release builds and check if both work?

moist.vonlipwig

Jan 5, 2014
Have you tried other versions / in different applications?

No, only tried Version 1.0.3. Wiht two applications (Royal Envoy and Bloons TD5)

Please post your ROM version, and, if possible, kernel config.
Adroid 4.4.2 (factory ROM, rooted)

Which NDK version have you used?
NDK version is r9c (64-bit).

When i have time, i will test it on my Nexus S as well.

Update:
Tested debug build on Nexus 7 an got Bus Error when i tried to search for a value.

Build again as release and scanmem binary is working as expected (scanmem -p xxx -b)

Update 2:
I added this lines to the .mk file:
APP_OPTIM := release
APP_PLATFORM := android-19
APP_STL := gnustl_static
APP_ABI := armeabi-v7a

Last edited:

moist.vonlipwig

Jan 5, 2014
Hi,

tried ProcessChooser-1.0.3.apk on my Nexus S today.
Again got a Bus Error.

Android Version: 4.3.1
Cyanogenmode Version: 10.2.0-crespo
Kernel Version: 3.0.101

g25

Jan 4, 2011
Ya, I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and when I search for float I get: I/O error or process closed by signal 7.

cburon

Jul 26, 2010
I tried it on my Asus memo pad fhd (ME302C) and I have to say that this is the first memory reader that actually does work with my cpu architecture. You have done a wonderful job.
I would suggest that perhaps you improve the interface.
Thanks a lot.

Dj-jom2x

Jul 1, 2018
lua script engine + standalone app

is the project still on? a lua integrated script engine will be good to add :) and make a standalone release for it.. for custom gui .. for vip cheats xD

Atronid

Jul 3, 2017
Impressive work. It's a shame this app is not known enough, I was such deceived there were no Scanmem or Cheat Engine-like app for Android that I started to build one, but now I know your app I rest my case xD

Just one question: the phone I tested the app on is rooted and run on Lollipop. But I when I try to scan I get a message:

Code:
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported

I have no idea what's the problem, and it is not referenced in the FAQ.

Any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have finally found time to put it together, so welcome aScanmem - simple graphical frontend for scanmem game hacking utility (or at least it is supposed to be that, but currently it is more of command line than GUI). Scanmem uses Linux debugging API to read/write process memory, which allows one to do variety of things from changing single variable in target process to hot-patching byte ranges and more. It has most of features, available in other scanmem-based cheating tools (GameGuardian etc.) and it's selling point is.. being open source, I guess? Well it is developed by myself, and that's all I care about.

Screenshots:

ascanmem.png

screen.png

Currently implemented features:
    • Screen overlay button, for launching scanmem from other apps (aka GameCIH Toolbox)
    • PID is autodetected
    • Screen overlay console to scan memory of application without leaving it's activity
    • Simple process browser (mostly useful for finding out PIDs of Services)
    • Some level of automation in all of above
    • Frontend and scanmem are protected from Out-Of-Memory killer
    • Some documentation, including scanmem manpage in html format
    • Scanmem 0.13 with few later commits (including fixes for crashes) built for ARMv6/7, x86 and MIPS.

Backend features:

• Fuzzy search (e.g. searching for unknown value)
    • "Freezing" values (also setting different values on independent timers)
    • Viewing and directly editing memory
    Data types:
    • 16 and 32-bit floats
    • byte masks (setting byte masks is also supported)
    • generic types (all integers, all floats, all numbers)

XDA seems to hate new members, so I am not giving you links to scanmem upstream and aScanmem source code. You can find both with Google, if you want.