Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
this rom is awesome thank you cyanogen. Im having a bit of a problem after a little modding. just wondering if anyone is experiencing the issue where the phone goes into bootloop while plugged in? also what apps did you install. i have never seen an app cause this and i only had to install a few libs so i havent narrowed it down yet and ive read the whole thread. any help would be greatly appreciated. i will be removing apps 1 @ a time.....:(

Steve325

Jul 9, 2010
Any reasons why my phone would be a good deal slower than everyone elses? I get 25 mflops with Linpack and 41/14 on FPS2D

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm a noob to rooting and installing roms, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction? I just did simple root last night so yes I have full root.

1. I flashed the newest radio at the beginning of this post.
2. Didn't worry about wi-max radio since I don't have the service. (maybe where i went wrong?)
3. Flashed the CM6 nightly rom.

Flashed all using "PWR+VOL DOWN>Recovery>Flash zip from sdcard" method. I'm not sure if there's another way to do this.

After flashing the ROM and rebooting, i'm stuck at the "strings of light shooting in from the side to form an X" screen. Won't go any further, power button won't turn the phone off, and now I can't get back into the phone to set it to disk drive in order to load the rooted stock rom. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Can I install a ROM from my pc using the HBOOT USB option?

Looks like a bunch of advanced users here with a lot of success; any advice is appreciated.

crackerstyle

Jun 4, 2010
I'm a noob to rooting and installing roms, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction? I just did simple root last night so yes I have full root.

2. Didn't worry about wi-max radio since I don't have the service. (maybe where i went wrong?)

Flashed all using "PWR+VOL DOWN>Recovery>Flash zip from sdcard" method. I'm not sure if there's another way to do this.

After flashing the ROM and rebooting, i'm stuck at the "strings of light shooting in from the side to form an X" screen. Won't go any further, power button won't turn the phone off, and now I can't get back into the phone to set it to disk drive in order to load the rooted stock rom. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Looks like a bunch of advanced users here with a lot of success; any advice is appreciated.

You can mount the SD card in the recovery console. If you are using Toast's stock one or Amon Ra, it's the option that says USB-MS.. if you're using clockwork, it's in the partitions menu, but I forget what it's exactly called in there. It's pretty obvious from what I remember. (Only used Clockwork for a few mins and decided I didn't really like it)

halorin

Aug 9, 2007
Any reasons why my phone would be a good deal slower than everyone elses? I get 25 mflops with Linpack and 41/14 on FPS2D

Try playing with the MHZ settings in SetCPU. My phone runs slower whenever 128Mhz is used so I raise the minimum above that. You'll always get the best benchmark results using the performance scaler, as well.

admorris

Jun 8, 2010
Tried it out...too many FC's right now. Will check back after a stable release. I did like the fact that it only took up like 100mb vs. DC taking up 200mb's. Definitely has potential, can't wait for final release!

mrmomoman

Feb 19, 2009

1) Go into Recovery - RA or CW - it doesn't matter. Proven to work on both.
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik - iif you have that choice depending on Recovery
4) Install from zip on sdcard
5) Locate CM 6 - nightly build
6) Install the CM 6
7) Once that is completed - install the Radio. If you have already done this - please skip.
8) Skip the WiMax for you. It doesn't function at the moment anyways.
9) Install the gapps - with the "hdpi" not the "mdpi"(for smaller screens) make sure its the FRF91 signed apk. So a search for it. It's been posted and mirrors a million times already.
10) Once completed - select reboot and the swirling lines should go from multi-color to blue and then boot up. Give it a few mins. Everyone is different on the time length. It should not take over 5 mins.

Good luck.

BuddaBelly

May 2, 2010
Guthrie, OK
So far so good for me. Installed a few Sprint APKs and only received a force closure on the sprintupdate.apk. I finally just removed it but sprint tv and sprint voice mail seems to be working fine as does sprint nav. Oh and have I mention how fast it is :D

CAP201007191057.jpg CAP2010071910391.jpg

stroths

Dec 1, 2006
LED Notifications not working

Are LED notifications not working for everyone? I did a Titanium restore on apps and want to make sure I didn't kill them by installing something I shouldn't have from my old 2.1 build.

afflaq

Apr 28, 2009
Raleigh
There's an amazing correlation between exchange enforcing a lock screen and my blood pressure. All better now though. I hate that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the 7/28 include the newer kernel based on netarchy's?

I'm still having the issue with my fps dipping below the 40's after an hour or 2 of use =/

I did cache and dalvik wipe coming from RC1.
    Those of you getting slugish results need to update their ADW settings (the defaults suck)

1) Screen Preferences - Desktop scrolling speed - set to something low-ish like 150-200, default settings are just plain moronic here. Desktop overshoot should be fine at 30 or 40.
    2) Drawer Settings - Horizontal Drawer definite on (this is far superior to the scrolling drawer if you have more than a few apps, and feels much smoother).
    3) Drawer Settings - Zoom effect speed - 400 is a decent setting, default was way too high.
    4) Drawer Settings - Columns/Rows - 4x4 is a nice setting for portrait, if you don't like a crammed screen.
    5) System Preferences - Wallpaper Hack - check this. If you have issues, change wallpapers to something of a sane size.
    6) System Preferences - Use Screen Cache - check this.
    7) System Preferences - Scrollable Widget support - you should start with this unchecked. Only check it if you have issues with some widgets. In my experience it didn't make a huge difference in performance or smoothness.

(info from Here)
    Yes for sure this latest build doesn't like setcpu at all. I ran ver 1.6 and 2.0 and both would cause the phone to reboot at anything over base. The higher the setting the shorter time before a reboot. Also noticed performance was way better without setcpu installed. I know guys won't want to hear it but better leave your overclock off for this one. I'm still managing a quadrant score of 1500+ and MPFLOPS of 45.