Go Launcher Vs Nova Launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vicino

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 9, 2007
I find Go Launcher bloated with ads and useless stuff, Nova is much better .. for me.

Imperticus

Jan 27, 2011
It's between Nova and Apex. I prefer Apex, but it's very close between the two.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Nova is my number one choice too. I like Apex as well, but Nova just seems a bit smoother and less cluttered with options I'd never use that Apex has. Make sure your animations are set to nova speed and use a simple transition animation. I like the tablet animation the best.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

haikus.hiatus

Feb 3, 2013
Manila
i would choose Nova over Go Launcher and Apex. its simple, fast, and smooth. i also find the transitions of Nova better than Apex.

Go Launcher is too bloated for me.

Reactions: Stellarios

knite75

Feb 16, 2012
I stick with Go primarily for the gesture feature. I can open Play Store be scribbling a "G" on the screen.

josh8901

Jul 18, 2012
One that nobody knows about (I use nova) is also atom launcher and it seriously is beautiful.

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
First off... Saying go launcher sucks and everything is really pretty lame. I can't believe any of you have really used it enough to have such an opinion.

They have an amazing team of developers and of you report bugs they will have it fixed with days.

I used Go for many months and the only reason I switched to Nova was because I wanted something really light my previous crappy phone. I got used to Nova prime and love it. I like it best but still do not see how anyone could say such bad things about Go. They really have some amazing features and widgets.

In terms of go being full of ads, I don't remember that.

JknRich

Dec 4, 2011
Dereham
www.youtube.com
I'm using TSF launcher at the moment and not a massive fan of it. Its a bit over the top if you get me. I am thinking off given Nova another try.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ScumDroid

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I'm using TSF launcher at the moment and not a massive fan of it. Its a bit over the top if you get me. I am thinking off given Nova another try.

TSF is a rip off. 17$ for a launcher is absurd. I use Apex for my phones, and Nova for my tablets, both versions pro. Love them. 4$ is fair, not 17$

Last edited:

Paddington

Dec 19, 2011
One that nobody knows about (I use nova) is also atom launcher and it seriously is beautiful.

Atom Launcher does look very good. It is a lot different than AOSP and closer to Go. I haven't given it enough time, but I agree with you.

First off... Saying go launcher sucks and everything is really pretty lame. I can't believe any of you have really used it enough to have such an opinion.

They have an amazing team of developers and of you report bugs they will have it fixed with days.

I used Go for many months and the only reason I switched to Nova was because I wanted something really light my previous crappy phone. I got used to Nova prime and love it. I like it best but still do not see how anyone could say such bad things about Go. They really have some amazing features and widgets.

In terms of go being full of ads, I don't remember that.

Go Launcher eats significantly more RAM than Nova, and it is full of advertising for other Go products (and some non-Go products). I used it for weeks on two different phones. It allows for much more customization than Nova and others, but it slows down the phone. Also, most of it looks "unprofessional," almost kid-like. I don't mean it has a shotty design; I mean that it is kind of like comparing the Wii to the XBox or PS3. It just looks kiddy. But the RAM consumption was my primary concern and why I used ADW, Nemus, the other launcher that was the precursor to Atom (the name slips my mind, but I think it was same developer) until I got a GNex. I had the same problems with Go on the GNex as I did with the Droid Charge, so I went to Apex and Nova.

TSF is a rip off. 17$ for a launcher is absurd. I use Apex for my phones, and Nova for my tablets, both versions pro. Love them. 4$ is fair, not 17$

I cannot agree more with this. I will never by a launcher or any other app for $15 when there are wonderful alternatives for <$5.

As for Nova vs. Apex, I use Nova Prime. I think for the free versions, Apex slightly beats out Nova due to Apex offering several features for free that are only unlocked in Nova Prime. However, for the paid versions, Nova Prime slightly beats Apex Pro in that sense that it feels faster and less buggy, and they have mostly the same features.

Reactions: ScumDroid

JmPTaz09

Mar 2, 2011
Schaumburg
I've been using holo launcher HD for months; surprised nobody's mentioned it. It's stick aosp'ish and simply works very fast/well and doesn't make you buy the pro version to have basic gesture features (unlike nova).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    I'm trying to work out which home launcher is better.
    I paid for nova launcher prime. Also got Go Launcher. Also looking for good themes and icon packs.

Go launcher sucks. I would stick with Nova. Go launcher is bloated slow and ugly lol. Just my opinion though. :)

No contest, Go is made for crappy 2.3 devices
    It should be Apex or Nova not Go.
    Go Launcher's pure of crap.
    OK I'll use nova. Just looking for some good themes and icons.

I love go launcher ex. Sure when you first load it you have to dump all the widgets, but so what? Works awesome once it's set up. And it's free, along with hundreds of free themes.