[ROM] PointROM - A ROM with PointUI v 1 cooked in [WM6.1]

Search This thread

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
i flashed the normal version but that was the first link you posted so i dont know about the new one. Not related, but i found that when i use the volume rocker while im in a call to make the in-call volume louder it uses the rocker as sort of a toggle instead of changing the volume.

Yea, I listed that as a "Feature" of this ROM. But, oh, wait, that happens while In-Call! That's bad. I knew it happened in PointUI, which was kind of usefull.

Waitttt.....It doesn't act as a "toggle" in the call screen. Are you using PointUI's call screen thing? Because with the default WinMo dialer, it works as a volume adjuster, like normal.

Ohhhh...I see what you're saying. It brings up that HTC Volume Slider, and that version only controls System volume. I could try finding a different version, and see if I can make it work. Or, I can just remove it, in general.

I'll see if I can find you a registry edit in the mean time, that will disable that volume slider. Tweak to increase in-call volume at Post 122

Last edited:

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
Ok, try this tweak to increase the phone's In-Call volume: Using a registry editor (like PHM RegEdit), navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\Shell Overrides\​
Find the SavedInCallVolume value, and open it.

Switch the base to Hexadecimal

Change the Value data to "FFFFFFFF" (eight capital F's)

Restart your phone (by holding down the power button). Now when it boots, your in-call volume should be louder. Tell me if you think it worked!!!

uries62

Jul 16, 2005
I am having a problem with the LZX version too.

When flashing on SD, I get an error specifiying:

"Reading second OS from SD!" (this is after the Loading ExtRom dialog)

It holds there forever. When I reset, I get the load screen forever.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
I am having a problem with the LZX version too.

When flashing on SD, I get an error specifiying:

"Reading second OS from SD!" (this is after the Loading ExtRom dialog)

It holds there forever. When I reset, I get the load screen forever.

That's not an error. Did you let it flash for like 10 minutes??? It always says that message, that's part of the proccess.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
If it says that, you do NOT need to flash it through the SD. The SD process is not meant for LZX roms, but for ROMs that are really small.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
If it says that, you do NOT need to flash it through the SD. The SD process is not meant for LZX roms, but for ROMs that are really small.

Well, I can't flash the LZX version through the PC. It got an error at like 3%, I think, and said that it was corrupt or file size was wrong, something like that. So flashing the LZX through the PC didn't work, for some reason. Flashing through my SD card worked fine though.

And Ivan, do you think that the upload got corrupted or something?? Because it flashed fine on my phone. I'm confused why it's not working for them :(

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
You guys still haven't gotten the LZX version working?? I'm really thinking that the upload must have gotten corrupted, or something, because the exact same one works fine on my phone. I guess I'll download my own LZX NBH file, and try it out.

Or, if you guys got it working, TELL ME!!

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Well, I can't flash the LZX version through the PC. It got an error at like 3%, I think, and said that it was corrupt or file size was wrong, something like that. So flashing the LZX through the PC didn't work, for some reason. Flashing through my SD card worked fine though.

And Ivan, do you think that the upload got corrupted or something?? Because it flashed fine on my phone. I'm confused why it's not working for them :(
It sounds like it's corrupt.
Try creating a MD5 sum next time so people can double check if it's corrupt.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
LZX VERSION WORKS FINE. I downloaded and flashed it, and it worked.

The entire flashing through SD proccess should take 10 MINUTES. Just leave your phone be while it's flashing, so that you're not tempted to interrupt it. Make a PB&J or something. Just don't interrupt it!!

The "Reading Second OS from SD!" message is completely normal. That screen lasts for about half of the proccess.

Ivan, I think ToadLife's kitchen might use a different LZX compression method or something. Idk. It doesn't flash through the PC, but flashes fine through the phone. So, whatever, at least it works one way, that's all that matters.

If you're phone still isn't flashing after a good 15 minutes, then try re-downloading the file. It might have been corrupted from YOUR download. I can confirm that the file is NOT corrupted, and that it downloads fine to my PC.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
LZX VERSION WORKS FINE. I downloaded and flashed it, and it worked.

The entire flashing through SD proccess should take 10 MINUTES. Just leave your phone be while it's flashing, so that you're not tempted to interrupt it. Make a PB&J or something. Just don't interrupt it!!

The "Reading Second OS from SD!" message is completely normal. That screen lasts for about half of the proccess.

Ivan, I think ToadLife's kitchen might use a different LZX compression method or something. Idk. It doesn't flash through the PC, but flashes fine through the phone. So, whatever, at least it works one way, that's all that matters.

If you're phone still isn't flashing after a good 15 minutes, then try re-downloading the file. It might have been corrupted from YOUR download. I can confirm that the file is NOT corrupted, and that it downloads fine to my PC.
Almost 99% of ALL ROMs ever made use my method. (For ALL devices with the exception of one.) (Most are using my newer method, a few are using my older method.)
:p
I didn't make it up but I was the one that made it common knowledge among the cooks.
The flashing through SD card is an issue with any ROM that is smaller than 50mb, regardless of whether it's compressed in LZX or XPR.
Flashing through SD is a little slow due to the way it does it:
While flashing through the "flash center" the ROM is being read from the harddrive as it is flashed. When flashing a small ROM through the SD card, it reads a certain amount of the ROM from the SD card first, then flashes it. If it's a larger ROM, it reads a small part, flashes it, then reads the second part then flashes that. (I believe it has to load the whole thing into RAM, which is why it can only cache so much and why it takes so long.

uries62

Jul 16, 2005
I spoke too soon. Flashed LZX successfully over SD. I waited about 8 minutes for the whole process. (I also redownloaded your zipped file on Skydrive, so that might have been it too)

It seems fast, real fast actually. I was using justhome for a while, but I kept on getting the infinite reboot.

One question. As we no longer have commanager, how can I disconnect by data connection once I am done in order to save batteries?

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
I spoke too soon. Flashed LZX successfully over SD. I waited about 8 minutes for the whole process. (I also redownloaded your zipped file on Skydrive, so that might have been it too)

It seems fast, real fast actually. I was using justhome for a while, but I kept on getting the infinite reboot.

One question. As we no longer have commanager, how can I disconnect by data connection once I am done in order to save batteries?

Yea, I noticed that :(

PointUI unfortunately doesn't have that in it's comm manager. I could try to find a .CAB that automatically terminates the Data connection after a pre-determined time.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007

Oh, got an easy solution...

Just tap on the big "E" icon on your Windows Mobile taskbar! You have to be in the WinMo interface (like File Explorer) in order to tap that icon, but hey, it works. Once the little blimp pops up, you can click "Disconnect".

Simple enough? Also, you can just find a CommManager on XDA here, install that, and then set PointUI to use the Windows CommManager instead of the PointUI one.

adelco93

Jan 8, 2009
San Leandro, Ca
Ok, try this tweak to increase the phone's In-Call volume: Using a registry editor (like PHM RegEdit), navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\Shell Overrides\​
Find the SavedInCallVolume value, and open it.

Switch the base to Hexadecimal

Change the Value data to "FFFFFFFF" (eight capital F's)

Restart your phone (by holding down the power button). Now when it boots, your in-call volume should be louder. Tell me if you think it worked!!!

Worked perfectly, thanx.