[Q] Cyanogenmod installed, but now how do I now install CWM Recovery?

Search This thread

retalger

Mar 22, 2014
i messed up. i had cwm recovery rom running, but i did not install it. then i installed cyanogenmod. now recovery is cyanogenmod, but i want it to be cwm recovery. im stuck i dont know how to do what i want.

when i boot into recovery, i get cyanogenmod. adb and fastboot commands do not seem to be working. like i cant switch to fastboot via adb reboot bootloader. (no laughing please... is that because i flashed the custom rom???)

google play is not installed yet either because adb and fastboot isnt working like it was before i flashed cyanogenmod. i was going to try to download the cwm rom manager again to help me install (permanently) cwm recovery rom.

im so lost and a noobie, so details for replies please. and thank you for the help.

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Its hard to give details in replies without details in your question, please give as much information about your device as possible, especially the make and model
But generally speaking fastboot will only work in bootloader and adb will only work in os and recovery mode
To give more specific answers on what your steps should be please give more device specifics

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

retalger

Mar 22, 2014
Its hard to give details in replies without details in your question, please give as much information about your device as possible, especially the make and model
But generally speaking fastboot will only work in bootloader and adb will only work in os and recovery mode
To give more specific answers on what your steps should be please give more device specifics

Motorola Droid Razr HD
bootloader unlocked
rooted
running CyanogenMod 10.2
wifi access
CWM Rom Manager not installed
Google Play not installed
Recovery ROM seems to be CyanogenMod

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Motorola Droid Razr HD
bootloader unlocked
rooted
running CyanogenMod 10.2
wifi access
CWM Rom Manager not installed
Google Play not installed
Recovery ROM seems to be CyanogenMod

I don't believe cyanogen has made a recovery since the g1 days so I doubt you have this. But if your not sure what recovery you have upload a pic of it.
If you want a new recovery download the appropriate recovery for your device and use fastboot to install it, see here for help
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277112
If you continue to have issues with adb or fastboot commands, post all input/output from cmd/terminal here

retalger

Mar 22, 2014
Adb not working?
Make sure u have enabled debugging

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I BET THATS IT! i installed the custom rom, so debugging needs to be turned back on. the setting was overwritten with the new rom flash. duh! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

for those of you coming to this thread after me, enable developer mode by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on Build Number 7

Update: this did solve my problem/question. also watch cyanogenmod's screen. it will ask you to confirm debugging mode use each time or you can say its ok from this pc all the time. the latter worked best for me. another thing i ran into was phone would not power off unless i unplugged the usb cable. if i asked it to power off with the usb cable plugged in, it rebooted instead.

Last edited:

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
I BET THATS IT! i installed the custom rom, so debugging needs to be turned back on. the setting was overwritten with the new rom flash. duh! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

for those of you coming to this thread after me, enable developer mode by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on Build Number 7

Hit thanks if I helped u :)

retalger

Mar 22, 2014

Update: this did solve my problem/question. also watch cyanogenmod's screen. it will ask you to confirm debugging mode use each time or you can say its ok from this pc all the time. the latter worked best for me. another thing i ran into was phone would not power off unless i unplugged the usb cable. if i asked it to power off with the usb cable plugged in, it rebooted instead.

here's how i resolved my complete question:

1) enabled developer mode by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on Build Number 7
2) activated advanced boot options by going to Settings > Developer Options > Advanced reboot (check it)
3) told phone to always allow debugging mode from my/this pc
4) booted into fastboot mode
5) plugged in usb cable
6) entered the command "adb reboot-bootloader" to switch to fastboot mode
7) entered the command "fastboot devices" to ensure i was in fastboot mode
8) entered the command "mfastboot flash recovery <downloaded.img>" to flash cwm
9) unplugged usb cable
10) reboot into recovery to verify flash was successful

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adb not working?
    Make sure u have enabled debugging