Samsung s3 mini blocked afrter failed root

Search This thread

WildDorian27

Jun 17, 2014
Hi, after a failed rooting my s3 blocked, i tryed to put on the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV (i'm from italy), but now is blocked on the Samsung logo. Also when i go in download mode it says
Odin mode
Product name : GT-I8190
Custom binary donwload : YES (17 counts) (ye i tryed 17 times to fix it)
Current binary : custom
System status : Official
So i have some questions : Can i send it to assistance and they can repair it (with warranty)? , should i try to re download the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV file? ( i tryed with 3 versions of odin, with 2 of them it says : failed, with the newest it says : pass but it blocks on Samsung logo)
Or there is something other that i can do?
(sry bad english)

Are you flashing a i9300 firmware to a i8190?
No wonder why it doesn't work.

+1 Just find the ROM you want to install here http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=GT-I8190 then download and flash this http://download.chainfire.eu/448/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r5.zip and finally go and install this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu (or update if you have it installed after you flash the file above). I can root any phone with this simple method :D

NOTE : It doesn't matter which country you're from, you can flash any firmware you like, so why not be it the latest one available for your device (ANF3 at the moment)? You can still change language to Italian after flashing so there's really no difference between regions :)

Last edited:

Shumail Abaid

Jun 19, 2014
Hi, after a failed rooting my s3 blocked, i tryed to put on the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV (i'm from italy), but now is blocked on the Samsung logo. Also when i go in download mode it says
Odin mode
Product name : GT-I8190
Custom binary donwload : YES (17 counts) (ye i tryed 17 times to fix it)
Current binary : custom
System status : Official
So i have some questions : Can i send it to assistance and they can repair it (with warranty)? , should i try to re download the I9300XXALE8_I9300ITVALE7_ITV file? ( i tryed with 3 versions of odin, with 2 of them it says : failed, with the newest it says : pass but it blocks on Samsung logo)
Or there is something other that i can do?
(sry bad english)

you tried i9300 firmware that is wrong, you should i8190 format

Nanhia

Aug 1, 2014
+1 Just find the ROM you want to install then download and flash this UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r5.zip and finally go and install this eu.chainfire.supersu (or update if you have it installed after you flash the file above). I can root any phone with this simple method :D

NOTE : It doesn't matter which country you're from, you can flash any firmware you like, so why not be it the latest one available for your device (ANF3 at the moment)? You can still change language to Italian after flashing so there's really no difference between regions :)

I've never rooted a phone so I was just wondering how to do it like this? I've read some guides but it's really unclear still, one that I tried simply didn't work (the one where you flash CWR with Odin as the first step). Can you/someone tell me how to do this exactly, please? This is what I'm thinking atm:

1) If I already have the latest version I'm happy with, do I still need to download that version again or can I just go ahead with the SuperSU flashing part?

2) How do I in practice flash the SuperSU zip file? I currently have Odin v.3.0.7 and Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my PC. Thanks for any help!

I've never rooted a phone so I was just wondering how to do it like this? I've read some guides but it's really unclear still, one that I tried simply didn't work (the one where you flash CWR with Odin as the first step). Can you/someone tell me how to do this exactly, please? This is what I'm thinking atm:

1) If I already have the latest version I'm happy with, do I still need to download that version again or can I just go ahead with the SuperSU flashing part?

2) How do I in practice flash the SuperSU zip file? I currently have Odin v.3.0.7 and Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my PC. Thanks for any help!

If you don't have the latest firmware on your phone, download it from the link I gave (it's a .md5 file). Now go to Developer Options in your phone's settings and tick USB Debugging. Power off your phone. After that enter download mode on your phone by pressing power+volume down+home button while turning it on. You'll see a big message on your screen saying "Downloading, don't unplug target". Now plug your s3 mini into the pc and start Odin. Select PDA and find the .md5 file from before. Make sure that f.reset time and re-partition are unchecked and then press start. Once it's done odin will say "pass" and your phone will reboot. Congrats, you now have the latest firmware on your s3 mini :)

Now in order to root it, you need a custom recovery so let's go ;)
On Google search "TWRP 2.7.1.1 Android-Andi xda" and download it from the attachments of his post (it's a .md5 file again). Again turn off the phone and enter Download Mode like before. Now do the same steps with Odin as the first time (with the firmware), but this time select the TWRP.md5 file instead of the firmware one in PDA section of Odin. Make sure all the options on the left are ticked/unticked exactly like the first time and hit Start. The "Pass" message should be displayed and the phone should reboot.
Congrats, you now have the latest TWRP Recovery on your s3 mini :)

And the last step - rooting it ;)
Download the SuperSU.zip from the link in my post and copy it to your device's memory (internal or external). Now in order to enter Recovery Mode you need to turn off your phone and turn it back on by holding the power+volume up+home buttons until you see a "TeamWin" message on your screen. This recovery is touch based so just select install, choose the SuperSU.zip file and flash it. Reboot the phone.
Now you're rooted and on the latest firmware :party:

For future updates do the same. Just change the firmware .md5 file with the latest one available. The rest is the same xD

Man, I got tired ... :D

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Nanhia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you flashing a i9300 firmware to a i8190?
    No wonder why it doesn't work.

If you don't have the latest firmware on your phone, download it from the link I gave (it's a .md5 file). Now go to Developer Options in your phone's settings and tick USB Debugging. Power off your phone. After that enter download mode on your phone by pressing power+volume down+home button while turning it on. You'll see a big message on your screen saying "Downloading, don't unplug target". Now plug your s3 mini into the pc and start Odin. Select PDA and find the .md5 file from before. Make sure that f.reset time and re-partition are unchecked and then press start. Once it's done odin will say "pass" and your phone will reboot. Congrats, you now have the latest firmware on your s3 mini :)

Now in order to root it, you need a custom recovery so let's go ;)
    On Google search "TWRP 2.7.1.1 Android-Andi xda" and download it from the attachments of his post (it's a .md5 file again). Again turn off the phone and enter Download Mode like before. Now do the same steps with Odin as the first time (with the firmware), but this time select the TWRP.md5 file instead of the firmware one in PDA section of Odin. Make sure all the options on the left are ticked/unticked exactly like the first time and hit Start. The "Pass" message should be displayed and the phone should reboot.
    Congrats, you now have the latest TWRP Recovery on your s3 mini :)

And the last step - rooting it ;)
    Download the SuperSU.zip from the link in my post and copy it to your device's memory (internal or external). Now in order to enter Recovery Mode you need to turn off your phone and turn it back on by holding the power+volume up+home buttons until you see a "TeamWin" message on your screen. This recovery is touch based so just select install, choose the SuperSU.zip file and flash it. Reboot the phone.
    Now you're rooted and on the latest firmware :party:

For future updates do the same. Just change the firmware .md5 file with the latest one available. The rest is the same xD

Man, I got tired ... :D

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app