[FIX][08.04.2011]Patch for "Screen won't come on after device wakes" (RHO_S2_00895)

Search This thread

Jackos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
[FIX][08.04.2011]Patch for "Screen won't come on after device wakes" (RHO_S2_00895)

Problem: Device doesn't come back from suspended mode. Pressing the power button, sliding out the keyboard or taking out the stylus does nothing.

Occurrence: Random.

Quick fix: None known.

Request: Kinda all over the Rhod forums.

Affected ROMs: HTC Stock S2 2.07, all custom roms based on 2.07 drivers. Probably 2.10 drivers are partly affected too.

Patch:

Attachments

• RHO_S2_00895.7z
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,485
  • OEMDrivers.7z
    38.6 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

KnightmareCS

Aug 19, 2007
NYC
Installed. Didn't work :(. I think the flex cable is crapping out. Also had the problem where if the screen was fully slid, it'd black out. Now it's been like that every postion.
Although, the power button works to turn the screen off, it won't turn it back on.

Last edited:

bisanti

Feb 8, 2008
It doesn't work for me either

The only thing that I was able to install on my Tilt 2 (latest stock ROM) was this file Jackos RHO_S2_00895.cab

Nothing changed.

The screen goes on but what stays off is the backlight and the only way to get the backlight to stay on in a reboot. Then try to adjust the brightness from the settings menu and moving the slides doesn't do anything. The brightness stays to the max no matter what.

Is it the light sensor? can it be disabled or checked somehow?

Thanks anyway I hope your fix helps others,

G

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Installed. Didn't work :(. I think the flex cable is crapping out. Also had the problem where if the screen was fully slid, it'd black out. Now it's been like that every postion.
Although, the power button works to turn the screen off, it won't turn it back on.
Does it sometimes don't come back or always?

SoD, Sleep Of Death, so called the hangup issue does happen only after the device is suspended for a long time. It does occur kinda often, but not always if you turn off the screen. If your device never comes back from standby it isn't a problem with SoD for sure.

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

That would be my guess@flex cable....

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
The only thing that I was able to install on my Tilt 2 (latest stock ROM) was this file Jackos RHO_S2_00895.cab

Nothing changed.

The screen goes on but what stays off is the backlight and the only way to get the backlight to stay on in a reboot. Then try to adjust the brightness from the settings menu and moving the slides doesn't do anything. The brightness stays to the max no matter what.

Is it the light sensor? can it be disabled or checked somehow?

Thanks anyway I hope your fix helps others,

G
The exe file (for stock roms) is intended to work on Europe roms. I have no knowledge of HTC releasing this patch for other regions.

It's no fix for any problem with the phone :p The patch doesn't even touch the backlight thing.

KnightmareCS

Aug 19, 2007
NYC
Does it sometimes don't come back or always?

SoD, Sleep Of Death, so called the hangup issue does happen only after the device is suspended for a long time. It does occur kinda often, but not always if you turn off the screen. If your device never comes back from standby it isn't a problem with SoD for sure.

It happens all the time. I turn the phone on via the power button. Boots up. Let it sit till backlight goes off. Press power button, nothing happens.
I can turn the phone on, press the power button to turn the backlight off and when I press it again, nothing happens.

That would be my guess@flex cable....

I do not think it's a flexcable problem. If I can turn the screen off and power on the device with the 'power button', it has to be something software.
I have to check again if the device comes back on, but with really really low backlight.
It's annoying, I have to restart to see a text, missed call, etc.
Thanks for your help so far.

pbarschall

Feb 10, 2010
Won't wake up

I tried loading this patch after doing yet another hard reset to try to recover from these outages. It doesn't work. Within an hour of installing it, the problem came back. My specific problem is the system goes to sleep after a minute, and it usually comes back with the power button. But after normal usage for awhile (sometimes hours, sometimes weeks without a problem), it goes to sleep and needs a red-button-reset to turn back on. Then as soon as it goes to sleep again after powering up, it's off forever. The only real recover after reaching this "cycle of death" is a hard reset (full memory erase, back to factory settings). Then it will work normally again for awhile.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the problem the other submitters were seeing, but it is surely related.

I'm off to do yet another factory reset. WM 6.5 is not worth a tinker's damn.

(AT&T Tilt 2 with ROM 2.10.502.4)

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
I tried loading this patch after doing yet another hard reset to try to recover from these outages. It doesn't work. Within an hour of installing it, the problem came back. My specific problem is the system goes to sleep after a minute, and it usually comes back with the power button. But after normal usage for awhile (sometimes hours, sometimes weeks without a problem), it goes to sleep and needs a red-button-reset to turn back on. Then as soon as it goes to sleep again after powering up, it's off forever. The only real recover after reaching this "cycle of death" is a hard reset (full memory erase, back to factory settings). Then it will work normally again for awhile.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the problem the other submitters were seeing, but it is surely related.

I'm off to do yet another factory reset. WM 6.5 is not worth a tinker's damn.

(AT&T Tilt 2 with ROM 2.10.502.4)
It's a pity that it doesn't work for you. This is a patch for Europe branded devices, I don't even see the fix at any other region-based HTC support site.

Personally I never experienced SoD, so I cannot guarantee that it does work. All I know is that this fix is supposed to help with "constant hang". Whatever it is. It's a official fix and I didn't encounter any problems with running it on my Europe branded Rhod.

-Jonny-

May 14, 2007
Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Jackos is this in your ROM? I have found several times my TP2 needs a reset as the power button does not bring it life. If I take the stylus out (when this happens) the row of keys light up, but still the display is blank. I assume it's already in your ROM (Jackos S3 1.1.2 SleekBASIC) otherwise I would have installed it.

scottandmo

Dec 18, 2009
It's a pity that it doesn't work for you. This is a patch for Europe branded devices, I don't even see the fix at any other region-based HTC support site.

Personally I never experienced SoD, so I cannot guarantee that it does work. All I know is that this fix is supposed to help with "constant hang". Whatever it is. It's a official fix and I didn't encounter any problems with running it on my Europe branded Rhod.

So...how do I uninstall it? I am on sprint in the US and have the latest official win 6.5 ROM and downloaded this update on my phone through a tech website and after installing it none of my keys works except for the power button. Apparently being for Europe it has corrupted my phone and none of the talk, end, windows, back or keyboard buttons work now. I need to revert this update, is there a way without doing a hard reset. I don't want to reconfigure all my settings that aren't backed up.

Last edited:

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
So...how do I uninstall it? I am on sprint in the US and have the latest official win 6.5 ROM and downloaded this update on my phone through a tech website and after installing it none of my keys works except for the power button. No talk, end, windows, back or keyboard buttons work now. I need to revert this update, is there a way without doing a hard reset. I don't want to reconfigure all my settings that aren't backed up.
If anything really fails, navigate into /Windows/ directory using your favorite file manager and "delete" those two files:
Code:
debuglog.dll
HtcPm.dll

Probably deleting the second file should fix your keyboard issues.

scottandmo

Dec 18, 2009
If anything really fails, navigate into /Windows/ directory using your favorite file manager and "delete" those two files:
Code:
debuglog.dll
HtcPm.dll

Probably deleting the second file should fix your keyboard issues.

Deleting the HtcPm.dll and rebooting fixed it, Thanks! I'm assuming that won't have any other side effects...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Problem: Device doesn't come back from suspended mode. Pressing the power button, sliding out the keyboard or taking out the stylus does nothing.

Occurrence: Random.

Quick fix: None known.

Request: Kinda all over the Rhod forums.

Affected ROMs: HTC Stock S2 2.07, all custom roms based on 2.07 drivers. Probably 2.10 drivers are partly affected too.

Patch:
    It's going to be included from version 1.1.3 and up.
    Flex cable / light sensor culprit

Replaced the flex cable and normal phone functionality was immediately restored! Bottom line is you cannot easily operate one of these phones without a working light sensor--its functionality is tightly wound into the suspend and sleep options.