Bring us back from legacy!!

Search This thread

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
What ROM you rockin on the shooter? Currently on mean ROM but was using dastins the other day. Will probably go back to it if I can get the kernel from mean to work with it.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

I'm using Bootmanager to multi-boot. I have Miui on the phone, a CM7 kang, CM9, and Warm running from the SD and an open slot for the flavor of the day.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using xda premium

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Thank you Github for caring about our security. They found a breach in SSH keys. Fixed it and told us. I appreciate that kind of response.

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Thoughts on the SGS2 Vs 3D vs Photon?
Coming up on upgrade soon and would love some feedback.

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

fargond71

Aug 29, 2010
After the hero really wanted another HTC device. The hero is/was tough, easy in your hand, for its time pretty awesome. Have been worried about Samsung since the last two devices my brother had were Samsung devices and during his contact every couple of months he would Have to get a new one because it would crap out. the last one he had was the moment.my daughter now has had it for as long as he did and it still works fine. I in the end went with the sg II. Gotta say that at this point don't regret it one bit. The screen is just gorgeous. Had out next to the wife's regular evo and just way out shone hers. touchwiz is not sense but is very nice and really smooth. My only question is going to be reliability. On a different note I really like the team hydra boys and would have liked to have followed them. If I could have been patient I would have held out for the nexus. So to make a long story longer take a look at the forums for each phone and read a few threads and see if the current users are dealing with problems you can't live with. Last I checked the bootloader on the photon was still locked and I wanted an unlocked phone. I couldn't live with that. Just my $2.02.

Edit: just realized how all over the place this post is. Darn kids and their talking to me....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: NineInchNails

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
No I appreciate this post a lot. I really do. I care more about the opinions I get here then I do say co workers. You guys see what we can do. Girlfriends and wives have somewhat of an understanding....... But sometimes I wonder if anyone does realize the hours we spend on creating something the end user honestly appreciates for about 30 mins depending on the setup. IMO that's how long I truly judge a new ROM. Sure neat little features are nice to find but I'm too technical about the way I judge I guess. That's probably why I actually enjoy troubleshooting anything. Even if I never figure out why. I always learn something I didn't before. I'm rambling now... I'm bored. Compiling ICS Evervolv so my sandbox is busy and I can't play :( I'm more of a hands on guy.

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
My class schedule for the next 10 weeks starting April 2nd. Think I don't post often? Wait till my workload starts up. :p

A8po66II

Last edited:

MrTrip

Feb 3, 2010
Waterloo. IA
Just thought I'd poke my head back in to this forum.

My first android phone was the HTC Hero. My girlfriend now has the Hero S from US Cellular and it is a beast.

I was actually looking to see if anybody had any ROMs out for it, then had to nostalgia here for a bit.

Well, off I go again, good luck getting out of Legacy & Low Activity. I agree you guys shouldn't be low activity but Legacy?...Well......maybe...

oohaylima

Jul 15, 2010
Beaufort, SC
Lol No, we're in the right place. This thread started when they ''accidentally'' placed us here a while back. Although a few of us are still active, most of us moved on. Personally I moved on to the EVO 3D.

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
If only the hero could achieve these speeds...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332826745753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332826745753.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1332826759628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332826759628.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on a mission. We aren't dead or a legacy device just yet. I feel we've been put here too early to make room for other phones threads. We still have updates to our roms. That's not low activity. Sure we aren't high traffic here but there's still plenty of users.

Anything you wanna chat about? Questions? This is after all the general thread.

Sent from my HTX Zero Hero Sense 3.5
    Hey if I post enough times they will let me post in the development section. So I end up killing two birds with one stone.;)

Have to say I'm glad that there is a place like xda for people to share their ideas and work. Otherwise I would probably have upgraded my little hero by now. Still actually enjoy the little phone. When I get tired of it I switch roms and boom got a new phone.

Where I live all we have is 3g so don't really figure it pays to upgrade til sprint figures out what they are doing with their 4g.

Man I remember when this forum was hoppin. I knew nothing of android. Just lurking and reading whatever I could understand. Now.. I develop for it :D And all thanks to XDA. Almost everything I learned, I learned here. It takes a lot of time reading and searching and understanding.

New users. Feel free to post here if you can't post in the development threads. Just please refrain from "stupid" questions that can easily be answered with a search. Please read the forum rules. I beg of you. They are there for a good reason. Us senior members remember what it was like being new here but it gets old answering the same questions over and over. I will be glad to help or discuss anything here. And please use the Thanks button. I'm a complete whore over it. I'll admit it. But I do return a lot of them too.

Shameless plug time :)

Try out Team Hydra's Zero Hero Sense 3.5!! It's what Sprint should have left us with!!
    Hmmmmmmmmm

Do I see a new Rom posted by Team Hydra??? Why YES I DO!

Might not ever bring us back from Legacy but we aren't a low activity device
    I'M OUT FOR BLOOD NOW!!! Lol ;) damn how'd this even start Ebaum I blame you sir

I have been blamed for much worse, I will wear this on my sleeve like a badge of honor!
    I would try reflashing the .35 kernel. Maybe that could help. Never seen that issue before.