Nvision - Cool app for Games, Gadgets and Technology

Search This thread

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Just a little heads up on this app that is pretty cool and look how a app for tablets should. . Apps that looks similar to this is what we need for or tablets. Is still in beta so can be some buggs.

" NVision is a free app that highlights the coolest entertainment across Gaming (both Android and PC), Movies, Gadgets, and Technology with an eye for the most exciting and cutting-edge graphics. Updated daily with high-def visuals, video and in-depth stories, NVision covers the spectrum of visual entertainment from the newest games and effects-driven movies to how visual technology is redefining entertainment, the hottest gadgets and cutting-edge science and technology that affects your digital life."

Nvisionapp.com

Nvision Play Store Link

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

Last edited:

seeknom

Jan 12, 2012
I have a question...

I was looking at the story about "Total Recall" and there was what appeared to be an embedded video (screenshot with a "play" icon superimposed overtop).

When I clicked on the link though, rather than playing it embedded, I got a pop-up requester asking me what app I wanted to use to complete the action (gave me choices of broswers, youtube etc...)

My question is, does it play embedded for anyone else? If so, what do I do to get it to play videos embedded rather than spawning a new app to play it?

Thanks.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I have a question...

I was looking at the story about "Total Recall" and there was what appeared to be an embedded video (screenshot with a "play" icon superimposed overtop).

When I clicked on the link though, rather than playing it embedded, I got a pop-up requester asking me what app I wanted to use to complete the action (gave me choices of broswers, youtube etc...)

My question is, does it play embedded for anyone else? If so, what do I do to get it to play videos embedded rather than spawning a new app to play it?

Thanks.

it wont play embedded through that app itself. a good option is to get Stickit app. its a floating & resizable media player like overskreen browser. Add by the same people. so then when you click video, just choose the stickit option and a little box will play the video that you can resize. plus you never leave that article page also. when done watching the video just X it out or terminate it.

Reactions: collinsac24

originalnabisco

Jan 7, 2012
Honolulu
I can't get this app to work correctly. Every time I open an article, it shows up with white background and white text making it essentially unreadable. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared its cache and data, restarted my TF201...

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

While reading app reviews someone mentioned to turn off "Force GPU Rendering" which fixed the problem I mentioned.
I'd rather not turn that off though :(

I can't get this app to work correctly. Every time I open an article, it shows up with white background and white text making it essentially unreadable. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared its cache and data, restarted my TF201...

walie

May 30, 2007

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

While reading app reviews someone mentioned to turn off "Force GPU Rendering" which fixed the problem I mentioned.
I'd rather not turn that off though :(

Well you have quite the pickle now dont' you?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Really, talk about a fantastic app! Smooth, beautiful, and actually makes use of our screen real-estate :D

*EDIT:

Simple, I really like it. Wish they'd link to the content they talk about though.

It has a small issue with mHDMI-out, but the actual articles get viewed just fine:

IMG_20120414_122926.jpg

Last edited:

irishtexmex

Sep 27, 2010
Austin, TX
For those who haven't noticed the update yet, the app was recently updated so that the white text/invisible text issue that occurred when you had Force 2D GPU Rendering on has been fixed.

If you like to use this app but prefer to keep that option enabled you can now do both.

Reactions: originalnabisco

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Lol, suppose I'm looking forward to another update. On this version, the video clip for the white background with black bubbles kind of force closes. Get a pop-up message about the video not being able to be played; app continues to work fine though.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD via my tethered HTC Vision

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a little heads up on this app that is pretty cool and look how a app for tablets should. . Apps that looks similar to this is what we need for or tablets. Is still in beta so can be some buggs.

" NVision is a free app that highlights the coolest entertainment across Gaming (both Android and PC), Movies, Gadgets, and Technology with an eye for the most exciting and cutting-edge graphics. Updated daily with high-def visuals, video and in-depth stories, NVision covers the spectrum of visual entertainment from the newest games and effects-driven movies to how visual technology is redefining entertainment, the hottest gadgets and cutting-edge science and technology that affects your digital life."

Nvisionapp.com

Nvision Play Store Link

Asus Prime & Tapatalk
    I have a question...

Thanks.

it wont play embedded through that app itself. a good option is to get Stickit app. its a floating & resizable media player like overskreen browser. Add by the same people. so then when you click video, just choose the stickit option and a little box will play the video that you can resize. plus you never leave that article page also. when done watching the video just X it out or terminate it.
    For those who haven't noticed the update yet, the app was recently updated so that the white text/invisible text issue that occurred when you had Force 2D GPU Rendering on has been fixed.

If you like to use this app but prefer to keep that option enabled you can now do both.