Can't unlock boot loader or flash stock

Search This thread
Jul 21, 2008
Exeter
Hi there,
Has anyone got a way out of this.....
I have a rooted C1905 that I have been playing around with. I want to try CM11 but boot loader unlock fails with a "FAILED (unknown status code)" report after I send my unlock code. I then thought I'd flash back to stock using S.U.S. but that fails too saying that I have a customized rom... which I don't!!! I seem to be stuck! is there anyway to force a stock flash?

Cheers :(

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Have you checked if your bootloader can be unlocked? Go to the dialer, type *#*#7378423#*#* then go to Service info => Configuration. In rooting status, it should say "Bootloader unlock allowed: yes", otherwise it won't work. About your flashing problem, try connecting the phone directly in flash mode before opening SUS, by turning off your phone, holding Volume Down and plugging USB cable or by flashing a FTF file through Flash Tool...

Reactions: noggin-the-nog
Jul 21, 2008
Exeter
Thanks guys... I've managed to Flash back to stock with flashtool and I'll try the unlock the boot again. (boot unlock = Yes).
:fingers-crossed:

Jul 21, 2008
Exeter
Thanks guys... I've managed to Flash back to stock with flashtool and I'll try the unlock the boot again. (boot unlock = Yes).
:fingers-crossed:

Flashed an FTF of the latest but still can't unlock the bootloader. still get "unknown Error" and it wipes my apps.
Also can't use "repair my phone" on PCC as it says I have a Customised Rom, could this be due to me trying tools like flashgordon and debloat/deoxing flashing or routing? if so how can I get back to a stock state for a UK XM so I can start again? :(

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
Also can't use "repair my phone" on PCC as it says I have a Customised Rom, could this be due to me trying tools like flashgordon and debloat/deoxing flashing or routing? if so how can I get back to a stock state for a UK XM so I can start again? :(

Nope, but try this anyway.
1. Disconnect your phone and turn it off but keep the cable attached
2. Open PCC and go to Update
3. When it says no device found click the blue repair link
4. Choose Xperia M when asked to
5. Follow the instructions

I have a locked bootloader and modified ROM and it works flawlessly. Keep us updated

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Jul 21, 2008
Exeter

I have a locked bootloader and modified ROM and it works flawlessly. Keep us updated

Hi there,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately it doesn't work! PCC recognises my phone ok so I carried on to the "repair my phone" tab.

and this is what I get after it's downloaded the firmware and tries to flash it... :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    65.3 KB · Views: 61

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011

Hey fella, what ROM are you using? ive got a locked bootloader and looks as though i wont ever be able to work around this :/ so looking at other possibles before i give in and get a z1 compact.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you checked if your bootloader can be unlocked? Go to the dialer, type *#*#7378423#*#* then go to Service info => Configuration. In rooting status, it should say "Bootloader unlock allowed: yes", otherwise it won't work. About your flashing problem, try connecting the phone directly in flash mode before opening SUS, by turning off your phone, holding Volume Down and plugging USB cable or by flashing a FTF file through Flash Tool...
    It happened to me also ,check your IMEI CODE,you need to send first 14 digits of your IMEI,

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Which is strange as at no time have I ever tried to unlocked it!!! I guess if I lock it again I can try a stock flash!

Thanks for your help again.
    :)

If you lock it then PCC should work fine again

Which is strange as at no time have I ever tried to unlocked it!!! I guess if I lock it again I can try a stock flash!

Thanks for your help again.
    :)

See mine it's unlocked

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app