is the z1c reliable?

Search This thread

xxtraloud

Apr 22, 2014
Ok I have to say I am exited about this phone but now after spending some time on this forum and the sony forum I am starting to get cold feet. I don't mind changing the back cover, but I see other serious issues with the screen (there is a long thread in the sony forum about it), not to mention camera button, volume, alarm problems.

It seems for a 450 euro phone it's a lot of flaws. I know in forum it's mainly troubleshooting, but buying a phone in a country where there is no warranty is scary, see my other thread.

So what is the general consensus about reliability? Also is it true the latest phones produced have fixed the the light bleed already fixed?

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Don't believe everything you hear in the internet. Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, Nokia...They all have interest to bash this phone on the net.

Great battery life, Great screen with really good blacks, Snapdragon 800, Aluminum and glass, fast 20MP Camera. What's not to love?
Never judge a phone until you hold it yourself in the store! Don't believe internet until you check it yourself, ever!

I thought the same as you until I held that phone in the store and then everything changed.

Last edited:

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Don't believe everything you hear in the internet. Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, Nokia...They all have interest to bash this phone on the net.

Great battery life, Great screen with really good blacks, Snapdragon 800, Aluminum and glass, fast 20MP Camera. What's not to love?
Never judge a phone until you hold it yourself in the store! Don't believe internet until you check it yourself, ever!

I thought the same as you until I held that phone in the store and then everything changed.

I agree with you but sometimes if u r unlucky enough then u can get a faulty product too and it can happens with any phone.. as i bought galaxy s4 and replaced 3 times but got weird display issue and finally asked for refund. As soon as i will get my refund i will buy z1 compact. So always buy from somewhere where u will get replacement easily.. and also dont blame all the phones if u get a faulty phone.. manufacturing defect can be present on any phones from any company..

Sent from my GT-I8552

Reactions: moomoo2609

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
I agree with you but sometimes if u r unlucky enough then u can get a faulty product too and it can happens with any phone.. as i bought galaxy s4 and replaced 3 times but got weird display issue and finally asked for refund. As soon as i will get my refund i will buy z1 compact. So always buy from somewhere where u will get replacement easily.. and also dont blame all the phones if u get a faulty phone.. manufacturing defect can be present on any phones from any company..

Sent from my GT-I8552

Agreed. :good:

Had my z1c about a month and no problems here. I also read about screen problems before buying and was a little nervous but I've had zero issues with screen. I also read a few complaints about a wake up delay but I haven't experienced that either. No random reboots (which I had on all my previous phones) I'm still on sony's 4.3 OS. It's very stable and no reason for me to upgrade to 4.4 at the moment. This thing is the best phone I've ever had, no complaints.

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

sUpErwHoO

Aug 21, 2011
Bangalore, Karnataka
I've had the Z1 for about a month now, it is a good device. But I'd say the price tag is a bit high for this device.

Display is good, but not the best for this price tag.

Camera is good, and that's all it is. I wouldn't stop carrying my camera around, but yeah, it still does take a few nice shots here and there.

Speaker is a big let down. And the software seems to be getting a bit buggy with each update. That I'm sure they'll fix.

Literally half an hour between removing the shipped screen cover which was dirty and putting on a screen guard I had a tiny scratch on the screen. Depressing.

I'm not too happy with the call quality either. But it's probably my service provider.

Pro. Battery life. It's AMAZING. 2 days easy with pretty decent usage.

(for me) New phone after a realllllly long time.

It is a snappy, quick phone. So if you're looking for that, then go for it.

If it's for videos or music, I'd give it serious thought.

At the end, there will be die hard fans and haters, you have to figure this out for yourself! :)

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

xxtraloud

Apr 22, 2014
thanks for all the feedbacks given.

I will be using the phone mainly for maps, music, Skype, mail, internet and the casual pic here and there. it sounds strange but in the US I wont be using this as a phone beucase Verizon will force me to get data, but in Europe I am good to go.

I never had a smart phone but I had a ipod touch 4g but I need something with gps, better wifi reception and more customizable.

It's too bad the speaker stinks, I think the speaker in the touch it's pretty decent and I didn't have to carry a headphone with me when I am biking around. So perhaps that's something I should think about.

Reactions: Jila

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Speaker is rather good quality and clear. Only it reproduces a little lower sound.

Last edited:

scotth324

May 1, 2011
I got this phone coming from the Nexus 4. It is a really good phone. Takes great pictures and videos. Sometimes they don't look that good on the phone screen. I cast them to my 42 inch TV and they are crystal clear. Battery is great. I really like the audio quality. Better than the Nexus 4 and 7. Call quality is good. I always have rooted my phones but this one has enough things to tweak I can get it the way I want. No need to change anything. And the great thing is even in a poor signal area the battery doesn't drop like a rock like it has on my other phones. I recommend it.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

G

Gaúcho comedor

I've had mine for 2 and a half months so far and it has had absolutely zero issues. Everything works exactly as it was supposed to work. Display, back cover, camera, buttons, MicroSD card/slot, GPS, battery, you name it. It has never had any weird reboot issues either. I have tested RomAur 1.2, 3.0, and official and unofficial CM 11 nightlies. In fact, I wasn't aware of any of these issues until I read this thread.

brocnical

Oct 9, 2011
Ulster
It is a great phone. Most of the complaints are nit-picking as we strive for absolute perfection (not a bad thing!) As it is, it is better than all the competition as a good all-rounder.

mariusdroid

May 6, 2011
roma
I have to say owning from 3g iphone to iPhone 5 and I'm on android from lg P990 sgs2 sgs3 and 4 htc one one x and now I have this only drawback huge ugly bottom front side and uncomfortable when I use it with one hand rest is a almost perfect phone for me

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mr.Kos

Feb 12, 2014
Guess I have the early version of the phone.. cause I have the flash bleeds when I make photos at night or in the dark room.
So far I love this phone if only for this issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own a Z1C and I can't say anything bad about it. Please remember that happy people tend not to share their good experiences, while those with faulty units tend to exaggerate their unhappiness, making them more visible.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-I8552
    thanks for all the feedbacks given.

I will be using the phone mainly for maps, music, Skype, mail, internet and the casual pic here and there. it sounds strange but in the US I wont be using this as a phone beucase Verizon will force me to get data, but in Europe I am good to go.

I never had a smart phone but I had a ipod touch 4g but I need something with gps, better wifi reception and more customizable.

It's too bad the speaker stinks, I think the speaker in the touch it's pretty decent and I didn't have to carry a headphone with me when I am biking around. So perhaps that's something I should think about.