[ROM]Touch_of_Photons (BETA) v1

Search This thread
First and foremost I take no credit for anything contained in this ROM. I have taken bits and pieces from various ROMs I like and rolled my own.

The base is Binny's stock ROM.
LauncherPro from unrevolved by ozzeh
Has Both HTC and Android Music apps (in case someone, like me, prefers the old one)
Rosie and All Rosie widgets removed
WiFi Tether
TouchFlo port from Samsung included (choose launcher for yourself)

Again, all credit to the Devs listed above. I am no Dev myself, only a chef cooking up something to my own liking and thought I would share.

Anybody wanna test for me?

Download here

Installation...
Copy TouchOfPhotons-v1.zip to your SDCARD and reboot into Clockwork recovery. Then Install Zip and Choose Zip from SDCARD.
Be sure to take a Nandroid Backup and WIPE FIRST!

So far everything seems to be working fine for me...WiFi, BT, etc...
I would recommend Hydra's Undervolt with Wireless-N kernel here. This just needs to be installed like any other zip using Clockwork recovery.

Also I would recommend the MultiTouch Keyboard DANESHM90 managed to pull from the Droid-X here. This can be installed with Astro or an equivalent of your choice.

Thanks to all in the community. I am glad to be a part of it!

UPDATE.... Kernel link above may not work consistently so I am attaching the zip.

For those requesting it, I am attaching the TouchFlo Launcher. Just install via Astro or similar.

UPDATE - 7/7 --- Thanks to bowtiedeuce for pointing out the fix scuccia found for the Facebook constantly syncing issue. I am attaching that patch here (full credit to him, of course). Just install it like any other zip from your sdcard using clockworkmod recovery (install over your current setup, no wipe) and it should resolve the sync issue. Future releases will not have this bug.

Attachments

• hydra_uv_signed.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
  • TouchWiz30_rolle.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • fbsense-update.zip
    228.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
No screenshots? It seems like most of the android roms have no screen shots.

Yeah,
Sorry about that. Was headed out the door and wanted to get something up for you guys before I left.

Anywhoo, here are some screenies. You can see I'm using TouchFlo primarily.

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,011
  • apps2.jpg
    apps2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 891
  • cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 833
  • htc-music.jpg
    htc-music.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 802
  • music.jpg
    music.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 790
  • gallery.jpg
    gallery.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 786

skaterA223

Apr 18, 2009
SANTA CRUZ, CA
The rom is actually really nice an smooth. But its just not for me. I do recommend to at least try this rom. Good work man keep up the great work.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

taypotts

Mar 28, 2009
twitter.com
I'm loving this ROM! Just got everything set up on it...

Couple things though... I'm having a hard time pushing a custom bootanimation.zip to /data/local

I had no problem doing it on a just a plain rooted Inc, but I can't with this...

Another would be requesting to get the 2.1 lock screen and not the HTC one... Thanks! Awesome work, keep it up!

ejlax

Aug 29, 2009
each time i download this file ROM and i try to install it, i get an error when it is trying to write to BOOT that says E: No Room Left on Device, failure at Line 394. Has anyone else seen this and if so, have they figured out how to fix it? I have wiped the boot partition and completely formated my whole system. Still the same error, i also redownloaded the file 3 times and still the same issue.

each time i download this file ROM and i try to install it, i get an error when it is trying to write to BOOT that says E: No Room Left on Device, failure at Line 394. Has anyone else seen this and if so, have they figured out how to fix it? I have wiped the boot partition and completely formated my whole system. Still the same error, i also redownloaded the file 3 times and still the same issue.

That's the first I'm hearing of this. Can anyone else confirm?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Zadok0552

Nov 18, 2007
Working great here, do far. I used ROM Manager for the install.

I will be checking it out today.

Great cooking!

ejlax

Aug 29, 2009
i am not really a nUbcake either...so that is making me kinda mad. I even messed with the update-script file to see if i could comment out the line that was erroring out, but it was to no avail. Could someone post a nandroid backup of the rom that i could try?

to clarify it is giving me an error saying "Error writing to Boot"

EDIT: got it working by removing the write_raw_image line at the end of the update_script

Last edited:
I'm loving this ROM! Just got everything set up on it...

Couple things though... I'm having a hard time pushing a custom bootanimation.zip to /data/local

I had no problem doing it on a just a plain rooted Inc, but I can't with this...

Another would be requesting to get the 2.1 lock screen and not the HTC one... Thanks! Awesome work, keep it up!

I just pushed the bootanimation.zip from the DroidX to /data/local/ and it worked fine. What animation are you trying to push?

boogeeman69

Jun 29, 2010
Using this ROM with the Droid-X boot up sound and animation and the undervolt-N kernel. Very nice! My favorite so far and I have tried them all.
Thanks photonmedia!

pbchris

Feb 8, 2008
Im had the same issue as ejlax did. However after the reboot everything seems to be there. Is there anything that didnt install after that error?

Im had the same issue as ejlax did. However after the reboot everything seems to be there. Is there anything that didnt install after that error?

IF anything, I would says possibly the kernel (based on the error he says he got), but I would recommend you use the kernel attached in the OP anyway, so....

Really I don't know why you two are getting those errors and not the others who are testing, though. You are wiping before you install, right? Always the best practice: Nandroid Backup + Wipe.

Zadok0552

Nov 18, 2007
I've been using it for most of the day - no issues. Phone, Google Voice, SIP phone, BT - looks flawless, so far...

taypotts

Mar 28, 2009
twitter.com
I just pushed the bootanimation.zip from the DroidX to /data/local/ and it worked fine. What animation are you trying to push?

That's the same one I'm trying to use.. I'm not sure.. I was able to do it the same way with just stock root, but it won't take now... can you tell me each step that you did to do it? Thanks!