New Camera Firmware Update Now- 27th May 2011 [APK HERE] [POST YOUR FW VERSIONS]

Search This thread

fasst

Feb 20, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
As I'm looking for a Sony-replacement module I contacted a servicecenter and he sent me a picture of some modules.
I know my Sony-module has black plastic casing around the lens and in the picture you can see at the top left a Sony module, with attached double sided tape(grey) on the module. Top right a Sony module without doublesided tape.
And at the bottom, Samsung module with metal casing around the lens.

At least I believe that's how we can recognise the modules apart, black plastic casing(Sony) vs. metal casing(Samsung)

I will try to contact different sellers and ask if the have a new module in black plastic casing. I believe the modules in the pictures are taken out of broken phones.
New modules should have a thin blue plastic covering over the doublesided tape.

Attachments

• Sony-Sam-module.jpg
    Sony-Sam-module.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 762

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi guys!
Tell me one thing, please:
could you change the original path for saving pictures or videos in lgcamera v6.3 b4?
I can do it perfectly in 6.25 pro version but I couldn't do it in 6.3b3 nor 6.3b4.

One thing that I´m realizing with your comments is that all improvements with this application are only applicable for Ice Cream Sandwich, because I have Gingerbread and I didn't have any improvements from my side.
Is that correct?

Finally, I had the possibility to chat with a guy from the local Samsung Service Center (I am from Argentina) about the camera issue.
It is always the same answer: "Go to the nearest repair center to check your device".
I said that I know which is the problem and that it can be easily repaired with a new firmware.
He told me that Samsung will be releasing its own Ice Cream Sandwich version with an additional firmware package soon, but it is not available yet in Argentina.
I don't know if this is true or not, but I visited the Samsung web page in Korea and it seems that they released his own ICS version (I can only know it thru the drawings because all is in korean and I didn't find the way to move it to English).
Hope that this will be the solution for our problem, but honestly I don't expect too much from Samsung.

Regards,
Jorge

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi nilste:
I saw the text you said, but the thing is that it doesn't work.
I contacted the developer and sent me the correction in the attached beta 5 version.

Are you using Ice Cream Sandwich, right?
Because in Gingerbread (my current OS) I don´t see any focusing improvements.

Regards, Jorge

Attachments

• lgCamera63b5.apk
    992.3 KB · Views: 80

fasst

Feb 20, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi nilste:
I saw the text you said, but the thing is that it doesn't work.
I contacted the developer and sent me the correction in the attached beta 5 version.

Are you using Ice Cream Sandwich, right?
Because in Gingerbread (my current OS) I don´t see any focusing improvements.

Regards, Jorge

Yes Im' on ICS.
The file save to setting works for me.
Have to test more so see what's new. What did the dev say about improvements?

joromano

May 6, 2012
Buenos Aires
He told me that under ICS he can control something called API (I don't know what it is) so that's why he can adjust several parts of the camera module while you are recording.
I think that the focusing improvements are related to it.
Unfortunately I cannot test them because I am not under ICS.
I need to take the decision to go to the new OS.

By the way, I asked him about when we can expect a final version for lgcamera and he told me that he is now working about adding new things such as panorama photo and burst photo capturing.

Regards,
Jorge

ludester

Nov 22, 2007
Toronto
anyone have a problem where the rear camera images always come out blueish if using flash and also over exposed?

the images with my rear camera are soo horrible my wife yells when I take pics with my phone!

fasst

Feb 20, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
As mentioned in my earlier posts my OMEF01 (Sony module) had an annoying buzzing sound quite often.
After first opening the phone and checking med camera module I noticed that it had a black plastic casing around the lens, not metal like most of the pictures from the sellers.
After checking with a local service center I found a refurbished black casing camera module.
Then it was time again to open my phone, replaced the module, and after checking the module it has the OMEF01 firmware.
The whole operation took me about 35 min.

So I think we can conclude that the module with black casing around the lens is the Sony module and the one with metal casing is Samsung.(Have checked two with black plastic andf both are OMEF01)

For those who want to order the module from sellers, ask for a module with black plastic casing. I believe that servicesenters gets randomly the two different models and maybe have both types in their shelfs.

Last edited:

denonsky

May 12, 2012
The new beta version of lgCamera_version 6.3beta 6
Changes to the program written by the author:
Minor optimization.
And who SGS2, the American version, writes fullHD video?

PS I'd add, it seems to me that the sound is much better.

Attachments

• lgCamera_v6.3b6.apk
    990.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

fasst

Feb 20, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
In the above V6.3b6 there's an annoying bug in lgcamera.
When I start the app I get an annoying flash immedietaly.
It seems that flash needs to be turned off in the app to avoid the flash. If the flash is set on or to auto then you will have a flash after starting the app.

re-2007

Apr 24, 2011
The new beta version of lgCamera_version 6.3beta 6
Changes to the program written by the author:
Minor optimization.
And who SGS2, the American version, writes fullHD video?

PS I'd add, it seems to me that the sound is much better.

any one Try new version of those on the ice cream Is the the problem solving of autofocs thanks in advance

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011
Dunno how about AF becouse I almost always set it to my desired, however since author of lgCamera decided to manipulate preview screen or whatever making illusion of 1080p "non-zoomed" the red spot is much more visible.
In previous lgCamera it is not, as same as in system camcorder.

cedesmith

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2010
Samsung Care

engadget just had a news about samsung releasing samsung care android application.
Just installed and tryed to chat with someone at samsung about video recording problem.

The info i got is quite unsurprising for me:
Samsung Care only for US phones.

Try yourself too.... maybe you will be more lucky or maybe.... just maybe someone at Samsung will hear our buzzz.

denonsky

May 12, 2012
LgCamera v6.3b8 Predreliz .
1. Added the ability to take photos while shooting video (ICS devices that support it)
2. Selectable bit rate up to 100Mbit s (SGS2-ICS 4.0.3 XWLP9)

p.s Zoom , I have both LgCamera, and when shooting the original camera , one to one .

Attachments

• lgCamera_v6.3b8.apk
    991.6 KB · Views: 121

re-2007

Apr 24, 2011
1. Added the ability to take photos while shooting video (ICS devices that support it)

p.s Zoom , I have both LgCamera, and when shooting the original camera , one to one .

is this ver solve the frame rate problem and AF ????thanks

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
is this ver solve the frame rate problem and AF ????thanks

Tap the screen before you start recording. I would LOVE IT if I could use it with AOKP roms. Doesn't work at the moment so its either super tweaked rom with laggy video or good video on stock lol

Edit: Ignore me. The new beta works swell with Resurrection Remix :)
Edit 2: It doesn't auto focus properly. Continuous video mode works but the first 3 seconds is basically a black image. Auto exposure works, but its really slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: re-2007

Burgscheinkerkdeiktraast

Aug 7, 2011

Where is this function of taking pictures during video?

Edit 2: It doesn't auto focus properly. Continuous video mode works but the first 3 seconds is basically a black image. Auto exposure works, but its really slow.
Hmmm when doesn't it focus correctly?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Theres a new camera firmware update now for galaxy s2.

First of all please check your existing camera firmware version by typing *#34971539# and then press Phone/CAM FW Ver Check.

Then you can either get the apk from Samsung Apps application on your phone. Or download the firmware update apk which I have attached to this post. The application should tell you if your camera needs the update or not.

To get from Samsung Apps Click on Featured Tab then click New. Then choose the Galaxy S2 Camera Firmware update application. If you can't find it go to search and type 'camera' or something.

Click download then run it.

Then do *#34971539# again and check your Phone/Cam Fw version.

Then everyone please post like below :

Please post both values it gives you. Your Cam FW and Phone FW

Before update:

Cam FW : OCED11
    Phone FW: OCED11
    On Firmware : KE7

After Update :

Cam FW : OCEE09
    Phone FW: OCED11
    On Firmware : KE7 (UK Generic)

You could also post if you notice any new changes with the camera :)

On another note : Is it not possible to dissassemble the camerafirmware apk below, and find out whats changed / or find out anything interesting ?
    Hi,

here is a mirror with all files in one rar: http://ul.to/w0kxauck (compressed: 5,83MB / decompressed: 52,9MB)

bqlbx5l4p4ng.png

with friendly greet

starbase64
    LG Camera 6.4b2
    Added some improvements to SGS2/Note and HTC One X.
    It seems no longer stretches the image vertically.
    Guys, some news here. Well, not some great news but some news.

I have contacted Samsung Electro-Mechanics, the responsible for "SC" type camera modules, as posted here in some page.

I've emailed them and explained the problem. I've said too about Infuse 4G firmware, that works in our Galaxy S2 "SC" camera modules and explained about that the SIEGO3 firmware of Infuse works very well for our Galaxy S2 and told the problem about the Flash not working i specific conditions (assited light for auto-focus and light for video recording).

Well, I've got the response that the SCEE07 and SCEE09 firmwares are firmwares "before" commercial release. And the SCEF02 is the latest.

The email that I send to them was not responded to me directly. It was replyied from Samsung Elctronics, with the responde of the engineer fo Samsung electro-Mechanics.

It was told that SIEGO03 (Infuse 4G) Firmware were based on Galaxy S camera modules, and they told too that they have the same camera modules (how is that possible, Galaxy S have 5mp and Infuse 4G 8mp....)

Quoting the soe part of the answer: " The Firmware compatibility with Infuse 4G(It assumes that SGH-I997), some features are working because the I997’s firmware is based on Galaxy S( The Image sensor of both model is same).

However, if he overwrite infuse 4G firmware, some function may not working and there may be picture quality issue."

They said too that don't have sure if "mine" (ours "SC") are theirs or from the others competitors camera modules.

They said that "there is no is no difference in feature and performance between 2 company’s camera module."

I think that may be true, but the "SC" firmware is not "ideal" in low light condition.

Any way, I've send it another email to Samsung electronics (the one that replyed the Engineers response) asking him about the problem and there was another email attached to contact Samsung Too.

I'll wait to know how will be the response of the other guy who emailed me and lets see how I will proceed after that.

Cross your fingers for me to have a fast resolve for us.
    Below is a link to the newest firmware, as far as i know it`s OCEF02

Any risk is yours, if the flash fails and your camera dies.

http://www.mediafire.com/?596b6p8l23ld5bc

SC20110623-145627-1.jpg

Anyone have the latest update available for download? I'm in the US and it seems that Samsung Apps checks the SIM card and won't allow updates in this region.