[ROM][4.2.2][05/08]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 8][FINAL]

Search This thread

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland
Hi de ho campers,

Thanks for all the reports and suggestions... :)

Just popping in to let you all know that we are working hard on fixing things and implementing new features for beta 2...

With Christmas and New Year's being the major summer holiday here in New Zealand, I'm sure you can understand that I've been somewhat busy away from the computer ;)

Hoping to get a new beta out soon... (Like some time this week) but no promises!

Thanks for your continued support and patience :thumbup: :cool:

Sent from my pwned GT-I9100

mightyi

Nov 30, 2007
Great Beta ROM - love it! Only problem is no matter what i do, i can't get two things working: -
1. Photosphere. I've done a full format and wipe twice now, and installed the packages one by one, but i still don't get the icon in the camera app to select Photosphere.
2. Lock screen Widgets - I normally enable the pattern unlock or PIN unlock, but on previous ROMs there was an option to select to display widgets before unlock - on this i never see anything?

Anyone else having these problems, or any idea how to fix them?!

tazsob

Feb 25, 2009
Birmingham
Huawei Watch 2
Huawei P20
Great Beta ROM - love it! Only problem is no matter what i do, i can't get two things working: -
1. Photosphere. I've done a full format and wipe twice now, and installed the packages one by one, but i still don't get the icon in the camera app to select Photosphere.
2. Lock screen Widgets - I normally enable the pattern unlock or PIN unlock, but on previous ROMs there was an option to select to display widgets before unlock - on this i never see anything?

Anyone else having these problems, or any idea how to fix them?!

Try flashing this 4.2 cam mod and see if it works.. http://db.tt/91q3NDrY ..... I'm not near my phone to try it...
Also u will have two cameras and galleries, to fix this move Gallery2.apk from system/app and restart your phone... if your cam works as it should you can delete gallery2.apk, this mod has sphere mode etc all in.....
......if it doesn't work delete gallery4.apk and restore gallery2.apk to system/apps and fixing permissions to RW-R-R then reboot

Last edited:

mightyi

Nov 30, 2007
Try flashing this 4.2 cam mod and see if it works.. http://db.tt/91q3NDrY ..... I'm not near my phone to try it...
Also u will have two cameras and galleries, to fix this move Gallery2.apk from system/app and restart your phone... if your cam works as it should you can delete gallery2.apk, this mod has sphere mode etc all in.....
......if it doesn't work delete gallery4.apk and restore gallery2.apk to system/apps and fixing permissions to RW-R-R then reboot

Hi there!

Many thanks for the new apk - the photosphere icon does now display great - however, when i try to use it, i get an error "sorry, your device is not yet compatible : I9100" :(

shiyou

Feb 20, 2010
Still on 4.1 jelly bean but my device always stays awake overnight giving me huge battery drain

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

flashxml

Oct 13, 2011
FXL FLASH FLASHXML
Hi de ho campers,

Thanks for all the reports and suggestions... :)

Just popping in to let you all know that we are working hard on fixing things and implementing new features for beta 2...

With Christmas and New Year's being the major summer holiday here in New Zealand, I'm sure you can understand that I've been somewhat busy away from the computer ;)

Hoping to get a new beta out soon... (Like some time this week) but no promises!

Thanks for your continued support and patience :thumbup: :cool:

Sent from my pwned GT-I9100

We're here to try your work ( your very good work )
( Just popping in to let you all know that we are working hard on fixing things and implementing new features for beta 2... )
a very useful thing to implement,because you forgot ( USB mass storage )

dead0

Sep 6, 2011
ive been using the attached siyah kernel with beta 1 by MCM and almost everything running smooth. ive been able to get almost 2 days of battery life (2300mah) with 4 hours approx screen-on time. cpu is 100-1000mhz. ive also included my own tweaked init.d scripts if anyone is interested:

#!/system/bin/sh

#Set voltages for frequency steps. Changes possible at +/-25mV steps
echo "1375 1350 1300 1275 1250 1175 1100 1075 1050 1025 1000 975 950 925 900 875" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
echo "1000000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo "100000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

echo "100 132 160 200 267" > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/mali_control/clock_control
echo "850000 850000 900000 900000 950000" > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/mali_control/voltage_control
echo "100" > /sys/module/mali/parameters/step3_up

echo "85" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/up_threshold
echo "75" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/up_threshold_at_min_freq
echo "60000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/sampling_rate
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/sampling_down_factor
echo "5" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/down_differential
echo "10" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/freq_step
echo "200000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/freq_for_responsiveness
echo "10" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/cpu_up_rate
echo "20" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/cpu_down_rate
echo "600000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_1_1
echo "300000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_2_0
echo "300" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_rq_1_1
echo "200" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_rq_2_0
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/ignore_nice_load
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/io_is_busy
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/max_cpu_lock
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_lock

echo "600000" > /sys/module/stand_hotplug/parameters/freq_min
echo "30" > /sys/module/stand_hotplug/parameters/load_h0;
echo "100" > /sys/module/stand_hotplug/parameters/load_h1;
echo "20" > /sys/module/stand_hotplug/parameters/load_l1

echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/sched_mc_power_savings

echo "4" > /sys/class/sound/sound_mc1n2/AVOL_HP
echo "2" > /sys/class/sound/sound_mc1n2/AVOL_HP_GAIN
echo "1" > /sys/class/sound/sound_mc1n2/DVOL_DAC_MASTER
echo "1" > /sys/class/sound/sound_mc1n2/DVOL_DIR0

echo "450 450 450" > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/charge_current/charge_current;

echo "1000" > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/notification/led_timeout_ms

#!/system/bin/sh
# imoseyon mods

# file system speedups
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,barrier=0,nobh /system
busybox mount -o remount,noatime /data
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,barrier=0,nobh /cache

if [ -e /proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns ]; then
echo "1000000" > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns
fi;

if [ -e /proc/sys/kernel/sched_latency_ns ]; then
echo "2000000" > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_latency_ns
fi;

if [ -e /proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns ]; then
echo "1200000" > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns
fi;

if [ -e /proc/sys/kernel/sched_features ]; then
echo "24319" > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_features
fi;

echo "64000" > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmax
echo "2048" > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmni
echo "30" > /proc/sys/kernel/panic
echo "0" > /proc/sys/kernel/panic_on_oops
echo "20" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
echo "3000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
echo "25" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
echo "8192" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo "4" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_order_shift
echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_dump_tasks
echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task
echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory
echo "50" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_ratio
echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster
echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom
echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo "50" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
# echo "2048,3072,6144,15360,17920,20480" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_reuse
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_sack
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_recycle
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_moderate_rcvbuf
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/flush
echo "2" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syn_retries
echo "2" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_synack_retries
echo "10" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout
echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
echo "262144" > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
echo "524288" > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo "262144" > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
echo "262144" > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default
echo "20480" > /proc/sys/net/core/optmem_max
echo "4096 16384 262144" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
echo "4096 87380 524288" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/udp_rmem_min
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/udp_wmem_min

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses

echo "15" > /proc/sys/fs/lease-break-time;

for i in `ls /sys/block/stl*` /sys/block/bml* /sys/block/mmc* ; do
echo "sio" > $i/queue/scheduler;
echo "0" > $i/queue/rotational;
echo "0" > $i/queue/iostats;
echo "1024" > $i/queue/read_ahead_kb; # default: 128
echo "128" > $i/queue/nr_requests; # default: 128
echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/fifo_batch;
done;

Attachments

• Siyah-v5-MCM-i9100-vsync_sysfs-20121220.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: Floodland and urys

imranrajah

Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys and Happy Christmas to you all ! I just flashed 4.2.1, AIO addons and Dorimanx 7.34 and all working fine. Will see battery drain in the next days.

hi, can u post a link to download DORIMANX 7.34 and install instructions please. i'm a noob at flashing kernels and stuff.

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
hi, can u post a link to download DORIMANX 7.34 and install instructions please. i'm a noob at flashing kernels and stuff.

And specifically about Dorimanx, I recommend to you go to the Discussion Thread, there are a lot of useful information about the kernel:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2022525

Here it is http://dorimanx.shine.sk/ ... installation is very easy, look at Dorimanx thread.

Sent from Nyarlathothep's SGSII..."Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Reactions: imranrajah

imranrajah

Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys and Happy Christmas to you all ! I just flashed 4.2.1, AIO addons and Dorimanx 7.34 and all working fine. Will see battery drain in the next days.

And specifically about Dorimanx, I recommend to you go to the Discussion Thread, there are a lot of useful information about the kernel:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2022525

Sent from Nyarlathothep's SGSII..."Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I guess i have to just boot into recovery and flash this kernel?

imranrajah

Sep 12, 2012
Done it. Dorimanx kernel is stable with this rom.
Another bug with this rom- OTA option gone from
Settings - - > ASS

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357217680836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357217680836.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 603

imranrajah

Sep 12, 2012
Oh I see. I'm enjoying this rom btw.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Important Notes:

• Build 8 is the final 4.2.2 build for Slim Bean
    • NO ETA's...
    • Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with our mods.
    • Read the Change-log and installation instructions from the official website carefully.
    • Feature requests will be ignored in general, but we will review ( if a relevant commit or source is provided) and then decide.
    • Please provide a logcat if reporting a bug.
    • Strictly NO ports based on our ROM zip (official or unofficial build) file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source.
    • No discussions/screenshots etc in the thread about battery life, "best settings/gov/scheduler" for "best battery life" etc... see here for the reasons why...

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers@freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Known Issues (as of Build 7):

Device Specific:
    • Wifi Direct is not working
    • BT - A2DP does not transmit Artist/Track info (AOSP BT stack issue :()
    • Zoom on camcorder at 1080p is broken
    • Front camcorder buggy
    • USB Dock audio broken

General:
    Just to be clear...

I have tested this extensively... I have other people testing it... This is why we don't do nightlies...

Yes, we are including CM's open source RIL
    NO, we don't have the RIL issues that Rootbox has (because I figured out what was wrong and fixed it) :fingers-crossed:

For the record, initially, I did have a broken RIL... Couldn't send touch tones in a call, couldn't hangup etc...

TLDR; PROTIP: make clobber, tell your friends ;)

Long Version: Turns out that, for whatever reason, the old (Sammy blob) version of libril.so was being cached and injected into the build, despite the fact that it had been removed from vendor/samsung/proprietary/i9100/lib/ :confused:

So, you'd end up with new opensource /system/bin/rild, but old /system/lib/libril.so.

They wouldn't play nicely together and you'd get the messed up phone functionality... :rolleyes:

Old version of libril.so was, from memory, 49,100 bytes, new compiled one was 35,336 bytes...

So I did what I always do when things are not being recompiled properly... I did a "make clobber"... Which completely removes the entire build directory AND wipes the compiler cache...

Et voilà... New libril.so is built and used and everything works as it should... :thumbup: :cool:

Note: The compiler cache is useful, in that it can cut down compile time dramatically... A full build from scratch after make clobber, using 2 threads (have to play nice with rest of team sharing build box :p) will take about an hour... If the cache is available... It'll take less than 30minutes! Very handy if you're doing a lot of compiling...

The only issue, is that sometimes, you get situations like this, where, for whatever reason, the system doesn't detect a change and just bundles the old libraries in... :(

Which brings me to my last point... Why I am (and most of the Slim team are) hesitant to do nightlies... (to be honest, I'm not 100% comfortable with weeklies, but they're a good way to get feedback on new features and real world user testing ;))

Nightlies are, usually, just automatic builds of whatever is in the repo... About the only checking, is that the compile finished without errors...

This is why they are always plastered with warnings that they are highly experimental in nature, possibly broken, use at your own risk, read before you flash, make backups etc...

And yet, people still moan and whinge and complain at the devs and say things like "y u release broken build??!?"...

I personally, and the Slim team as a whole, take quality seriously... Sure we've made mistakes in the past, and released subpar versions.. . And you know what? We were so concerned about it, that we modified our entire dev and release process to try to make sure it never happens again...

This is why we:
    - moved away from the "every 2 weeks" release cycle we used to have.
    - implemented gerrit to allow for proper peer code review and testing
    - implemented a release cycle that involves code freeze, dedicated testing and final release

Will our ROM always be perfect? No... But will we always strive to make it as close to perfect as possible? YES! :D

Sent from my SlimBean pwned GT-I9100
    Now... for some general discussion on a couple of topics...

Firstly... Battery Life...

There shall be no more discussions/screenshots etc about battery life, "best settings/gov/scheduler" for "best battery life" etc...

battery is, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, very much a "personal" thing... your own particular usage patterns, apps, cell network, signal strength, RF interference, WiFi config, battery condition, brightness levels etc etc, will define what you get out of the phone/battery...

I've seen folks who consider "normal" usage, to be having no apps installed, running all black themes/apps and sending 2 text messages a day and making or receiving one phone call of 2 minutes in length... with WiFi disabled and no mobile data. I've also seen folks who consider "normal" to be sending about 100 text messages a day... making 2 hours worth of phone calls... and listening to music via BT headphones, watching video or playing 3D games while updating Facebook every 5 minutes...

There is no magic bullet... there is no magic governor/scheduler combo which is suddenly going to grant you 3 days of constant 3D gaming etc...

If you suddenly get unusually high battery drain for your situation... there is about a 99% chance that you have a rogue app causing wakelocks... install BetterBatteryStats, find out what is causing all the wakelocks and fix it. If you end up in the 1%, have investigated and sought help in the BBS thread and discovered that it is actually something system related (and have BBS reports to prove it!) then go ahead and post here...

Smartphone battery life in general is just poor compared to that old Nokia 3310 that you used to own that lasted for 7 days on a charge... get over it.

Remember, this is, technically, a dev thread... and while I'm happy to have "general discussion" in here, mostly because a 2-thread system doesn't work... posts about battery life, and screen shots of how awesome/poor your setup is, just don't result in anything meaningful... and to be blatantly honest, there isn't anything we can really do about it to make any significant difference. Sure we might be able to get you an extra 15 mins of screen on time by tweaking the CPU and/or GPU voltages by -25mv... and opening you up to freezes, lag and random reboots in the process. :rolleyes:

If you don't like this... feel free to go open a battery thread in the General and/or Q&A forums... any more posts in this thread regarding battery life will be reported and removed (and yes, the OP will be updated to reflect this)...

HALO...

quite a polarising topic this one... some folks think it is the best thing to have happened to Android. Some folks seem to think it was some sort of plague devised by Apple to destroy Android. Others simply don't care, as they realise if it ever gets implemented, it will have an On/Off switch... much like SlimPIE ;)

As it stands, HALO just isn't ready for Slim. There are some fundamental issues with it that need to be resolved before you'll see it on an "Official" Slim build and we're not sure they can or will be resolved. This isn't just performance related either. We're talking things like:

• The install button problem, can't press "Install" on the APK installation screen. (possibly already solved)
    • G+, whatsapp and some parts of youtube (lpe videos) are cut off or gave weird results in a floating window just to mention 3 bigger apps
    • if an app call an activity from a floating window and is waiting for activityResult the callback does not work.... Major issue!!
    • memory leaks need to be solved especially for our old devices. There is some code cleanup needed. Just turn it off for this devices do not resolve it
    This doesn't mean it will never be implemented... just that we feel it is detrimental to the overall quality and stability of the ROM as things currently stand. And of course, as with most things like this... if we ever do roll it out, it'll be a feature that you can turn on/off ;)

On a similar topic... Hybrid mode... probably never going to happen. In our opinion, it just isn't worth the sacrifice that would have to be made to stability and performance to achieve. Consequently, this is not actively being considered, at this point, by the Slim team.

Finally... a small teeny tiny little request... should you choose to respond to this or any of my long posts... please, for the love of little green robots everywhere... DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST... remove all the bits that are not relevant!