[Q] bootloop problems

Search This thread

woodall

Feb 12, 2014
Hamilton
I have an htc one x. The phone is stuck in bootloop. It stays on the htc logo screen and does nothing. I would like to know how to turn the phone off alltogether. I have tried volume up + power button, volume up and down + power button and that will turn the phone off but seconds later comes back on by itself. I assume i will haveto flash a new rom to it in order to get it to come back on. The phone is rooted but not sure what rom or kernel is or was on it as i have done a factory reset on it. This all started righ after downloading an app?!!?!? Idk. Any advise on how to actually shut down the phone and what the proper way of fixing this this issue.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
I have an htc one x. The phone is stuck in bootloop. It stays on the htc logo screen and does nothing. I would like to know how to turn the phone off alltogether. I have tried volume up + power button, volume up and down + power button and that will turn the phone off but seconds later comes back on by itself. I assume i will haveto flash a new rom to it in order to get it to come back on. The phone is rooted but not sure what rom or kernel is or was on it as i have done a factory reset on it. This all started righ after downloading an app?!!?!? Idk. Any advise on how to actually shut down the phone and what the proper way of fixing this this issue.

Try volume down + power... It should bring the bootloader

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app