Search This thread

AhNe

Jun 13, 2007
So, I have root (confirmed), unlocked bootloader (I guess), TWRP 2.7

I tried:
- omni-4.4.2-20140514-v500-HOMEMADE.zip
- cm-11-20140618-NIGHTLY-v500.zip
- cm-11-20140619-INFECTED-v500.zip

But it always says, that my device is a "palman" and no "v500". I made it to get the Slim-v500-4.4.3.build.5.9-INFECTED-20140616-1124.zip installed once, but then I ended up in a Boot-Loop wit the original "LG Logo - Security Error" screen. So I reverted everything with TWRP. Now I can only boot in TWRP and cannot get any ROM to run.

Any suggestions?

AhNe

Jun 13, 2007
Addition:

Now I was able to Flash cm-11-20140618-NIGHTLY-v500.zip, although i edited the update script and removing the first line where it verifies the model. So it flashed the ROM correctly, but upon restarting, I ended up with the 'official' "LG Logo - Security Error".

So I did a restart via Power+Vol- into All three buttons. The Factory Reset screen comes up, when I hit Vol+ twice I gets me back into TWRP, but on the way there it also shows up the

Secure booting Error!
Cause : Device Unlock!, so Boot Success!!!

.... and now?

AhNe

Jun 13, 2007
Aight, Now with the LG Mobile Support Tool and using Download-Mode on the device, I am hopefully able to go back to stock... Needs to DL 1,2 gig though -.-
So I guess I'll stick with the stock, except anyone is able to tell me where I went wrong...

I'm thinking:

1. towelroot
2. flashify for TWRP
3. choose rom and flash

right? Or do I have to do something extra to the bootloader?

sleekmason

Dec 22, 2013
Fayetteville
sleekmason.wordpress.com
Aight, Now with the LG Mobile Support Tool and using Download-Mode on the device, I am hopefully able to go back to stock... Needs to DL 1,2 gig though -.-
So I guess I'll stick with the stock, except anyone is able to tell me where I went wrong...

I'm thinking:

1. towelroot
2. flashify for TWRP
3. choose rom and flash

/right? Or do I have to do something extra to the bootloader?

If you have the palman device, you have the Google Play edition, and should not be trying to install Roms for the 500 device. All that is out for the palman device is the sleekai kernel, and a base ROM with no extras. If you have the palman device, install the sleekai kernel and exposed and you will be better off anyway.

Reactions: cam30era

AhNe

Jun 13, 2007
I got it to work after all and was able to install the latest CM nightly. After I did the reinstallation of everything (with the LG tool), I did the following:

- root via towelroot
- installed TWRP 2.7.0
- installed TWRP 2.7.1
- installed CM via TWRP 2.7.1

Still, I have no idea why it was recognized wrong during the first tries...

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
I got it to work after all and was able to install the latest CM nightly. After I did the reinstallation of everything (with the LG tool), I did the following:

- root via towelroot
- installed TWRP 2.7.0
- installed TWRP 2.7.1
- installed CM via TWRP 2.7.1

Still, I have no idea why it was recognized wrong during the first tries...

Good to hear bro.

whatever47

Jan 5, 2014
@AhNe
Just to get it clear. You have a v500 and you rooted it with towelroot and flashed the recovery sucessfully with Flashify ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm thinking:

1. towelroot
    2. flashify for TWRP
    3. choose rom and flash

/right? Or do I have to do something extra to the bootloader?

If you have the palman device, you have the Google Play edition, and should not be trying to install Roms for the 500 device. All that is out for the palman device is the sleekai kernel, and a base ROM with no extras. If you have the palman device, install the sleekai kernel and exposed and you will be better off anyway.