[Q] Home button doesn't run launcher any more :/

Search This thread

Stasheck

Oct 9, 2008
Hi all,
My phone rebooted and I lost all custom settings (like text size, custom ringtone etc.), while retaining other apps data. This was simple to repair :)

Problem is, since then my "Home" button doesn't execute launcher anymore. If I long-press, it shows tasks list, so the button is working, but short press does.. nothing.

I installed Home2 Shortcut - doesn't work either.
Cleared TouchWiz settings - no change
Cleared "Application preferences" - no change
Installed Nova Launcher - works fine, but won't return to home screen on "Home" press.

I guess some simple setting got corrupted, but I've no idea where to look for that. I'd rather not reflash the phone just because of this one button, but it's quite nice to be able to go to Home screen :)

Any advice?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Try this:
1. Long-press home button and select the "cheese"
2. Go to the last tab called "Clear default Settings"
3. You will have there something called: TouchWiz Home. Clear it.
4. Go back to the start screen and long-press home button again.

Stasheck

Oct 9, 2008
Try this:
1. Long-press home button and select the "cheese"
2. Go to the last tab called "Clear default Settings"
3. You will have there something called: TouchWiz Home. Clear it.
4. Go back to the start screen and long-press home button again.

Thanks for suggestion, but I already tried that. Home button still doesn't react to short press.

Actually, it does react to short press - when I want to wake up the phone. But it doesn't run launcher.

tinentiuk

Feb 25, 2010
I have exactly the same problem. Button physically works fine will click to show lock screen when off , double press for s voice ( when on ) and hold for task manager. it just wont single press to actually go home..grrrrrrrr

Thanks for suggestion, but I already tried that. Home button still doesn't react to short press.

Actually, it does react to short press - when I want to wake up the phone. But it doesn't run launcher.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

ok solution for me was a full master reset via recovery. All good now.:)

I have exactly the same problem. Button physically works fine will click to show lock screen when off , double press for s voice ( when on ) and hold for task manager. it just wont single press to actually go home..grrrrrrrr

Stasheck

Oct 9, 2008
Yeah, I figure a reset/reflash will do, but it's another couple hours (which I don't have :) ) to restore everything after that :(

fessa

Nov 25, 2011
I got the same problem :mad:
I was planning to upgrade firmware anyway though :)