Note II LTE stuck on bootloader

Search This thread

GoonReb0rn

Dec 12, 2012
Hi,

This morning I woke up to see my phone seemingly booting up but after a few minutes I realised that it was stuck on the boot screen. I can only assume something hardware or software related messed up while I was sleeping and now after reading a few threads I am very scared that my phone could possibly be bricked.

First up, I updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2 about 3 weeks and it has been running fine albeit a few annoyances at the new firmware Samsung deployed. To get root I had to install philz_touch_5.11.2 recovery through ODIN and then go into my new recovery to install root through Dr Ketan's Multi Tool which seemed to work well with no problems, it was quite flawless through the whole update. But now I guess something has happened to my phone and that has changed. When I saw it was stuck, I thought that it would be possible to just reflash to stock firmware and that would fix it. It was working up until the point ODIN got "cache.img" which failed the install. Now, I exited ODIN since it didn't work and restarted my phone and tried to flash the stock 4.3 ROM again. This time, immediately I got a screen telling me that there was "no PIT partition"
(Look at the attachment for the screen, I am new so no outside links)
and now I am getting the message on my phone after restarting "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I am now downloading Kies to try this but does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Attachments

• HWYcUKX.png
    HWYcUKX.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 41

GoonReb0rn

Dec 12, 2012
Hi,

This morning I woke up to see my phone seemingly booting up but after a few minutes I realised that it was stuck on the boot screen. I can only assume something hardware or software related messed up while I was sleeping and now after reading a few threads I am very scared that my phone could possibly be bricked.

First up, I updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2 about 3 weeks and it has been running fine albeit a few annoyances at the new firmware Samsung deployed. To get root I had to install philz_touch_5.11.2 recovery through ODIN and then go into my new recovery to install root through Dr Ketan's Multi Tool which seemed to work well with no problems, it was quite flawless through the whole update. But now I guess something has happened to my phone and that has changed. When I saw it was stuck, I thought that it would be possible to just reflash to stock firmware and that would fix it. It was working up until the point ODIN got "cache.img" which failed the install. Now, I exited ODIN since it didn't work and restarted my phone and tried to flash the stock 4.3 ROM again. This time, immediately I got a screen telling me that there was "no PIT partition"
(Look at the attachment for the screen, I am new so no outside links)
and now I am getting the message on my phone after restarting "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I am now downloading Kies to try this but does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Update: I spent the past two days trying to solve this and I'm at a standstill in progress. It seems that my phone was one that suffered SDS with a corrupt eMMC chip so I've lost both my firmware and recovery but I can still get into Download mode. It also seems like I have lost my PIT table and I am just completely unable to flash the PIT file back to the phone for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could just factory reset my phone or reinstall my partition table so that i can get a simple recovery installed? Please help :(

dkinniburgh

Aug 30, 2014
Exact same issue!

I know exactly what you are going through!
My phone did the exact same thing back in June. It downloaded the firmware update over wifi, then when it went to install, it restarted to the boot logo, and went no further. I had left it for a number of hours, so time doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've been working on it since the end of July, and haven't been able to find a solution yet.

GoonReb0rn

Dec 12, 2012
I know exactly what you are going through!
My phone did the exact same thing back in June. It downloaded the firmware update over wifi, then when it went to install, it restarted to the boot logo, and went no further. I had left it for a number of hours, so time doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've been working on it since the end of July, and haven't been able to find a solution yet.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like time would fix it, so frustrating. Right now I am getting the glass of my Note replaced (it has a slight crack) which apparently voids my warranty when I went into my carrier to organise a replacement. After it's repaired I will take it to another store and try to get it sent off to Samsung, hopefully they are understanding about it and will honour their warranty end as I do believe it was SDS so it would be their fault for using faulty eMMC chips. The only thing I wish I could do it just start over, flash the PIT file so I can just install CWM to see if any of my files are still there. I just want some peace of mind and it seems impossible at this point. I guess it is impossible to flash a PIT when the storage chip is corrupt, sucks to lose all my messages and data, just wish I had a backup in place but it is a good learning experience for the next time I have a functioning phone.

dkinniburgh

Aug 30, 2014
Yeah, it doesn't seem like time would fix it, so frustrating. Right now I am getting the glass of my Note replaced (it has a slight crack) which apparently voids my warranty when I went into my carrier to organise a replacement. After it's repaired I will take it to another store and try to get it sent off to Samsung, hopefully they are understanding about it and will honour their warranty end as I do believe it was SDS so it would be their fault for using faulty eMMC chips. The only thing I wish I could do it just start over, flash the PIT file so I can just install CWM to see if any of my files are still there. I just want some peace of mind and it seems impossible at this point. I guess it is impossible to flash a PIT when the storage chip is corrupt, sucks to lose all my messages and data, just wish I had a backup in place but it is a good learning experience for the next time I have a functioning phone.

I was lucky having most of my info already backed up. I also had just upgraded another line, so I had a new phone to work with. It just sucks having to switch everything over to a new phone, reloading all the apps etc.