[APP] BandWidth - SpeedTest app

Search This thread

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Can't see it in the marketplace. Even the old version.

Yea I removed it from the market so i can get this release up. The previous one had some little bugs that might have irritated users and may have resulted in poor ratings.

So as soon as i can submit this update (whenever they approve 1.6) I'll re publish to marketplace.

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Ok, i just submitted build 1.7 to the marketplace! So it should be about 3 days and it will be live.

More updates planned!

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Will not run on hd2

Also there will be history and possible share functionality added in a future update just after the new year!

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Ok, i've added the following in build 1.8..

about 6 more servers over seas, australia, london, amsterdam, brazil, mexico.
Added speed test history pivot!

Now your last 10 results are saved!!

Update 1.7 was submitted yesterday and should be ready before the new year, i will be submitting 1.8 as soon as 1.7 clears.

Merry Christmas!

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Alright, build 1.7 has hit the marketplace and will be available for download any minute, STAY TUNED FOR A MAJOR MAJOR UPDATE!

Update to include:
Speed Test History
Performance Enhancements
11 new servers (world wide)!
Ability to test user specified server!

+ maybe more.

It's not finished as of yet, but will be done before New Years!

Also just an FYI currently there is a bug in this build on the market where the 3g tests from NY, CHI and SF use the same server, the WIFI tests are all correct though.

Last edited:

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Mine just said there is an update in the market and that worked fine, now running 1.7 and cannot wait to see what 1.8 has in store.

This is shaping up to be a most excellent application.

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
THERE IS A BUG in 1.7 where (Dallas, NY, and CHICAGO) all share the same 3g servers which in this case was Chicago. I dont know how i could have overlooked that before submitting to market.. (currently no way to cancel a submitted app in testing)

So in summary, if you are using the dallas 3g server or NY 3g server, you are in actuality using chicago's 3g server. The other servers are fine though, dallas wifi, ny wifi and chi wifi are all correct.

Build 2.0 will be submitted to the market tonight or tomorrow night pending as much bug testing as possible (i dont want to send out another bugged build..)

Thanks for the feedback!

Trimegisto

Jan 29, 2009
Lisbon
Just installed v1.7 and appears to work flawlessly.

Very handy application, will keep a close eye on this one.

Cheers

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Sneak peak of build 2.0!!!

customk.png

historyy.png

resultsb.png

serversq.png

I dont want to make it much more complex than this, more features more problems! lol.

Still bug testing this, if all is well i'll submit for approval on new years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE**

BandWidth updated to build 3.0! Check later posts for pics!
    Here you go...

Obviously needs to be sideloaded now and no guarantee it won't be blocked soon...

Assuming it's OK to upload since it is free...