[Q] Problem with deleteing files and replacing sounds

Search This thread
Apr 10, 2014
Unhappy [Q] Problems with deleting files and replacing sounds
HI all! New use here.

I superuser'd my phone, routed my phone, installed CM11 and all is well. It was my understanding that with apps like RootBrowser and or SuperManager i could browse to files change permissions and delete and remove them or replace them.

I am unable to change my lock sound or boot animation.

Ive granted the permissions to the apps and am operating the root browsers in Root mode. (sorry if my terminology is wrong but im new to this) When i try to replace the files in system/media or system/media/audio/ui they simply dont work, "operation failed". I am able to change the permissions on the replacement files going into these directories to match those im overwriting but its still fails.

Ive even successfully deleted the default lock sound but when i paste the new one into the folder it fails and says stuff like "out of space" or "no room" and then when i shut app and go back in the original file is back!

Can anyone help with this as my lovely rooted phone is being very difficult. :(:(

Apr 10, 2014
Your partition is mounted as read-only, that`s why you get "operation failed".

Mount it as read / write and should be ok.

When i use the app SuperManager to browse the file system to "system" folder it asks me "If you want to modify the file in teh system, you have to mount the system image first. Please choose access mode: System IMage: R/O"

then

"Do nothing Read only R/W" so i chose R/W but that does not fix the problem?

My errors i get are "not enough free space" well there is plenty of that!

So confused....

Any thoughts

Last edited:

ngl_ro

Sep 12, 2011
i9100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Just ignore the "not enough free space".

Cant help you with RootBrowser or SuperManager because I never used them. I use ES File Explorer, and mounting partitions with it always solved my problems with not being able to delete / modify system files / apps.