[Q] Hard Brick i5s

Search This thread

fezzan

Mar 27, 2014
Long story short i tried to partition sd card to increase internal memory. I knew i might screw up, so did a Nandroid back up as well.
So as predicted after the partition my phone went into a boot loop, so i went into recovery mode but clearing caches did not help (android system recovery 3e).
So Tried to flash the stock rom (update firmware). I have no idea what went wrong but SP flash tool showed everything was fine and the whole process was complete with a green tick pop up as well.
So after that the phone did not reboot/start/.. :crying:
Im pretty sure its hard bricked. But everytime i plug the USB to my phone i hear the windows notification sound??
Can anyone please help?? I bought this online and sending it back is not an option.

PS: The phone has a light adapter (like iphone 5s), SD card cannot be removed, Battery cannot be removed.
I have the complete rom with me. Model MTK6572 RAM512MB. Not original goophone.

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
Long story short i tried to partition sd card to increase internal memory. I knew i might screw up, so did a Nandroid back up as well.
So as predicted after the partition my phone went into a boot loop, so i went into recovery mode but clearing caches did not help (android system recovery 3e).
So Tried to flash the stock rom (update firmware). I have no idea what went wrong but SP flash tool showed everything was fine and the whole process was complete with a green tick pop up as well.
Im pretty sure its hard bricked. But everytime i plug the USB to my phone i hear the windows notification sound??
Can anyone please help?? I bought this online and sending it back is not an option.

PS: The phone has a light adapter (like iphone 5s), SD card cannot be removed, Battery cannot be removed.

Two things:

1. Please post in the correct section, instead of just randomly picking a place to post

2. Maybe provide more information about what device this is?

fezzan

Mar 27, 2014
Two things:

1. Please post in the correct section, instead of just randomly picking a place to post

2. Maybe provide more information about what device this is?

My bad, im new to the forum and i was only allowed to post in Q/A thread.
The phone is Chinese, as mentioned in the title its i5s (goophone), android 4.2, MTK 6572, has lightning adapter instead of the regular micro usb.

prostha

Dec 23, 2013
Its chinese man.... what else do u expect.....:confused:

Sent from my Spice Mi-450 using xda app-developers app

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6

Try backing up your nvram folder. Found in /data/nvram. For backing up go to recovery go to terminal / cmd and type adb pull /data/nvram. Skip the backing up if you have a cwm backup.
then format your whole phone using spflash tools.. Then click download on after selecting your scatter file...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fezzan

Mar 27, 2014
Try backing up your nvram folder. Found in /data/nvram. For backing up go to recovery go to terminal / cmd and type adb pull /data/nvram. Skip the backing up if you have a cwm backup.
then format your whole phone using spflash tools.. Then click download on after selecting your scatter file...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My phone is hard bricked not shoft bricked. So no response whatsoever.
So i downloaded like 6 different versions of this phone rom and found a working android scatter to flash via Sp flash tool.
Now im able to snter into the phone default recovery, but i cannot go any further as it just restarts if i press any key.

I paid a guy online to create a CWM recovery.. I flashed that onto the phone but still only the defualt recovery boot up!
Im certain that CWM recovery will enable me to access the sd card and restore my nandroid backup. but unfortunately cwm does no load up.

If i format my phone via SP flash tools will it delete my nandroid back?
If so is there a way to add the nandroid backup onto the sd card? (my sd card cannot be removed and yes i have a backup of the nandroid on my pc)