Flash Stock Recovery

Search This thread

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Hi all. I have it on pretty good authority that we'll be seeing a 4.4.4 update soon.

I'm currently stock rooted, s-off and unlocked but have twrp as my recovery. I'm curious how I can go back to stock recovery top new ready to accept the upcoming ota.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

fgr

Mar 1, 2008
Overland Park, KS
Hi all. I have it on pretty good authority that we'll be seeing a 4.4.4 update soon.

I'm currently stock rooted, s-off and unlocked but have twrp as my recovery. I'm curious how I can go back to stock recovery top new ready to accept the upcoming ota.

Thanks in advance.

Quick search for "Return to Stock" took me here: Stock Backups + OTA's

It will literally probably be only hours after release that you will be able to download the update here on the forums. No stock recovery required. Can't wait that long?

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011

Thanks in advance.

What you need is to flash a rom as close to stock as possible (you can find stock backups here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2736048 ) and then flash a stock recovery (theres one on here somewhere, if you cant find it ill post one ). Once the OTA comes itll notify you and you can take the update. As long as you're s-off you can then install your custom recovery again and you're good to go.
Im like you i guess, i like to keep an factory OTA on hand myself. Hope this helps.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mjs2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

What you need is to flash a rom as close to stock as possible (you can find stock backups here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2736048 ) and then flash a stock recovery (theres one on here somewhere, if you cant find it ill post one ). Once the OTA comes itll notify you and you can take the update. As long as you're s-off you can then install your custom recovery again and you're good to go.
    Im like you i guess, i like to keep an factory OTA on hand myself. Hope this helps.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app