[ODIN]ED03 ROM/Kernel/Recovery

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Much like I did for ED01, I created a new Odin for the OTA ED03 update. Once again, this doesn't include the modem, just the base system, kernel, and recovery. It will also perform a factory reset, and is currently Odin only, I'll create a CWM flashable package at some point as well. Enjoy. This should be fully stock unrooted as I was only temp-rooted when I created the image.

Download here

Last edited:

Bubbadogg14

Jan 31, 2011
Benefits over ED01 as its 2 days newer than ED01 according to build date??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

beray5

Dec 7, 2010
Hashes

Could you provide file hashes? I've had corrupted download with very small errors which was not detected until I use odin.

Craleb

Mar 2, 2009
Huntsville
ok I flashed it! I don't know what's different but it's working perfectly.

Im using the latest otb kernel the latest cwm (in purple) and the ec01 radio.

I even rooted it and uninstalled all the annoying aps. Think I'm going to use this rom for now. Thanks imnuts!!!!

Edit: it just feels good to be "up-to-date" lol

Edit: LOL! such small changes.... Pointless but fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skrazz

beray5

Dec 7, 2010
Umm, if it fails verification in Odin, it doesn't flash. How is allowing Odin to check it harder than checking it manually that you wouldn't just allow Odin to work as it is designed to do?
I'm very often in places with no connection of any kind whatsoever, its also when I'm between time waiting and had the time for things like odin.

If the file is corrupted, then I would have to abort and wait for the next unknown available free time period to repeat all over again.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Odin has a built in MD5, and created the file to support it. If you don't have a connection or time to flash via Odin, how is having the checksum going to help you? No connection and the checksum is bad, you can't download the file again. No time for Odin, and you probably don't have time to generate and verify a checksum because in the time that it'd take you to verify it, you'd be part way through flashing in Odin.

beray5

Dec 7, 2010
Odin has a built in MD5, and created the file to support it. If you don't have a connection or time to flash via Odin, how is having the checksum going to help you? No connection and the checksum is bad, you can't download the file again. No time for Odin, and you probably don't have time to generate and verify a checksum because in the time that it'd take you to verify it, you'd be part way through flashing in Odin.

I'll just make do with my own limitations.

Thanks.

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
heya mate :)
first up thanks :) awesome pice of work indeed.
second , I AM A NEWBIE :p on myvzn fsc that i am using in INDIA i guess only DL09 seems to working well as all other builds apart from DL09 and EB01 seem to stuck on language selection after first boot.

]can you please tell me what do i have to actually do to install it ( your odin package )

i mean my details are :

Firmare
2.1-update1
baseband version
S:i500.04V.DL09
Kernal version
Build number
SCH-I500.DL09

the handset aint rooted ( as there is no CWM or superuser thingy ion here there is a vooodoo folder in the sdcard though - i am a noob LOL pl bear with me :p )

please help me man , i am sorta fed up now flashing cstuff 10 times a day since last 4 days :(

regards

beray5

Dec 7, 2010
heya mate :)
first up thanks :) awesome pice of work indeed.
second , I AM A NEWBIE :p on myvzn fsc that i am using in INDIA i guess only DL09 seems to working well as all other builds apart from DL09 and EB01 seem to stuck on language selection after first boot.

]can you please tell me what do i have to actually do to install it ( your odin package )

i mean my details are :

Firmare
2.1-update1
baseband version
S:i500.04V.DL09
Kernal version
Build number
SCH-I500.DL09

the handset aint rooted ( as there is no CWM or superuser thingy ion here there is a vooodoo folder in the sdcard though - i am a noob LOL pl bear with me :p )

please help me man , i am sorta fed up now flashing cstuff 10 times a day since last 4 days :(

regards

You should use this -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044474

Since there will not be any data wipe in that procedure as you already are on DL09 you should be able to update to ED01 without being stuck at the language menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Much like I did for ED01, I created a new Odin for the OTA ED03 update. Once again, this doesn't include the modem, just the base system, kernel, and recovery. It will also perform a factory reset, and is currently Odin only, I'll create a CWM flashable package at some point as well. Enjoy. This should be fully stock unrooted as I was only temp-rooted when I created the image.

Download here
    ok I flashed it! I don't know what's different but it's working perfectly.

Im using the latest otb kernel the latest cwm (in purple) and the ec01 radio.

I even rooted it and uninstalled all the annoying aps. Think I'm going to use this rom for now. Thanks imnuts!!!!

Edit: it just feels good to be "up-to-date" lol

Edit: LOL! such small changes.... Pointless but fun.
    I accept that your knowledge surpasses mine. That said odin absolutely will attempt to flash a corrupt tar. Use to rely on odin to the point that I once wasted a entire day before manually checking to find corruption. I realize that I may over cautious, nowadays I like to verify the checksum before odin ever sees it.

Anytime I've had an MD5 failure, Odin has stopped immediately. If change the extension to just .tar from .tar.md5, it will flash it, but by removing the .md5, you completely bypass the checksum check.
    I flashed this in Odin after ED03 OTA hoping to get CWM recovery but it still goes to stock recovery, is there any other method of getting CWM3?

As I understand it, the stock kernel is replacing CWM3 with the stock recovery (and will always do so :).

You need to ODIN a CWM3 tar file, boot to recovery, and flash a custom kernel... I vote for imnuts' "PeanutButta Jelly Time" under-volted voodoo kernel :). The latest build of this is bundled a slightly down-rev version of CWM3, but if you reflash the latest after the kernel it will stick...