Captivate Windows Phone

Search This thread

stewi21

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney
Hi Y'all, Just bricked hard bricked my captivate, so its off to become unbrickable, so it got me thinking, who here would put in some cash to buy a cappy and get it unbrickabled for a Dev to port windows phone to the cappy? Maybe try and get featured on the XDA home page.

Anyhoo just an idea :)

rossmantim

Nov 12, 2011
I personally think porting win mobile would be a complete loss for the captivate. i thought the whole idea of the android operating system is about freedon and doesnt win mobile pratically take that from you? please dont flame i have never used windows mobile except on my old pantech duo and my old blackjack.

stewi21

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney
Yeah but all porting it would do is it would give is options, its not like we would be stuck with it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
This is better option then porting the whole OS, as WP still lacks many features and apps.....I am using Lumia 900 and I am returning it soon...Tiles concept is good but it needs to develop more...

Agreed. I had the LG Quantum WP7 and I loved it for about a month or so before I sold it on Amazon. WP7 is an awesome concept. It would be AWESOMER if Microsoft would release its sources (that's a laugh, right?)

ANYWHO.... if you want a WP7-like experience, I suggest going with Launcher 7 (DONATE version) or Metro UI (it's "ehh" IMHO)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are launchers that you can use that would replicate the Windows7 feel on the Captivate.

One that comes to mind is Launcher7
    There are launchers that you can use that would replicate the Windows7 feel on the Captivate.

One that comes to mind is Launcher7

This is better option then porting the whole OS, as WP still lacks many features and apps.....I am using Lumia 900 and I am returning it soon...Tiles concept is good but it needs to develop more...