Galaxy note or HTC one x

Search This thread

dazzlet

Aug 31, 2009
barnsley
Which would you reconend from the 2 devices in the title and why? Thanks for any input

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

pboesboes

Mar 25, 2012
You do realize you're only going to get biased answers here, right? :p

I went for the Note because it has a bigger screen, a stylus, a replaceable battery and an sdcard slot.

krhn

Feb 26, 2010
Likewise...mainly for the screen size... I mean I have friends who all have 4.6 in down and it looks absolutely normal from spectator's, I on the other hand love the attention - yrs spec wise HTC one x does outweigh the phablet - you can compare this to apple laptops vs Sony, HP... the Macs have the lower specs overall yet people buy it for its unique looks and simplicity...(probably why the upcoming windows 8 look so much simpler than W7)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

whatsaqazza

Jan 12, 2011
It pretty much come down to this

GNote: Battery life and huge beautiful screen
One X: Quad-core

I don't think quad is needed as of now, so I would pick the GNote

friend'scatdied

May 14, 2009
Another "me-too" phone with higher-end specs (One X) vs. a genuinely unique, niche device (phablet with Wacom digitizer; N7000).

Seems like two different markets.

Souai

Jun 28, 2011
Adelaide
the main improvements over the note come from the one x's quad core CPU. if you compare them both in GPU benchmarks at the same ressy, they both perform quite similarly. when nvidia announced that the tegra3 would be 3x faster... they were comparing it to the tegra2.

so the main improvement will be in web browsing (android browser supports quads), smoother interface, and improvements in apps that support multicores (very few do aside from benches).

the only thing that peeves me about the one x is that it doesnt have a microsd slot, but im sure i can work around that with a usb on the go adapter since the htc one x supposedly has an mhl port.

at the moment, im just waiting for the other quad core phones to launch to see if there are any gems. the LG 4X interests me with its expandable storage (support for 64gb microSD), but it doesnt support the 850mhz band on 3G which would be bad for me since vodafone AU has a better 850mhz network than it does with its 900mhz network. theres also the galaxy s3 (same mali gpu but with quad core, so should perform on par with tegra3) and theres a fujitsu tegra 3 phone that has a 13.1mp camera and expandable storage coming soon as well, which should be quiet interesting.

i generally buy my phones outright... so when theres competition, theres a price drop, and thats a win for everyone!

andresalonika

Dec 6, 2010
Thessaloniki
Im gona put my Note in the drawer until ICS and probably get an One X just because i wanna surf the web from its stock web browser flawlessly in contrast to Note's choppy stock browser that loses its hardware acceleration all the time which is a big let down for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

Ceejayx

Apr 17, 2012
Which would you reconend from the 2 devices in the title and why? Thanks for any input

Well what are you looking for in a phone ?

Mainly to play games, browse social network etc ?

These are the questions i asked myself. And all answers seemed to point to the note

pboesboes

Mar 25, 2012
Im gona put my Note in the drawer until ICS and probably get an One X just because i wanna surf the web from its stock web browser flawlessly in contrast to Note's choppy stock browser that loses its hardware acceleration all the time which is a big let down for me.

You could also just put ICS on the Note. A lot cheaper! :p

andresalonika

Dec 6, 2010
Thessaloniki
You could also just put ICS on the Note. A lot cheaper! :p

True! Although i'd get smooth browsing by flashing one of the custom ics roms available in the dev section, i wont have a complete and stable rom with all the features that samsung is going to include in the final ics rom! So i'll be patient rather than flash ics just to see 4.0.3 under Android Version..

Braxos

Nov 18, 2011
wait to see tomorrow what is introduced from Samsung as the next galaxy and wenn will it be on market, maybe a S3 withing next week's dunno, if you want the phone for videos check the issue with the blacks on them for the note it may be annoying if you can't live with it. ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

mpascal

Jun 9, 2011
Galaxy Note

I was able to play with a demo unit of the HTC One X and I have to be frank after having used the Galaxy Note since November the screen size and quality has just become so familiar that holding anything smaller just feels odd. I might be biased to the Galaxy Note for now as there doesn't seem to be any apps that utilize all four cores and any gaming I might do would be on a PS Vita or Nintendo DS.

krhn

Feb 26, 2010
I was able to play with a demo unit of the HTC One X and I have to be frank after having used the Galaxy Note since November the screen size and quality has just become so familiar that holding anything smaller just feels odd. I might be biased to the Galaxy Note for now as there doesn't seem to be any apps that utilize all four cores and any gaming I might do would be on a PS Vita or Nintendo DS.

Ahahaha true that...today I looked at my friends iPhone 4 and I just straight laughed into his face and knew why without me referring to my note....I actually would purchase a 5.5in phone if it ever came to it...actually getting hooked to these big devices though I think the note is normal...

Reactions: mpascal

dazzlet

Aug 31, 2009
barnsley
So there are problems with video playback on the note? Also are the custom roms as easy to flash as they are on my HTC sensation?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ahahaha true that...today I looked at my friends iPhone 4 and I just straight laughed into his face and knew why without me referring to my note....I actually would purchase a 5.5in phone if it ever came to it...actually getting hooked to these big devices though I think the note is normal...