Good News !!! SPRINT LS970 SIM CARD MOD IS HERE !!!

Search This thread

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
Sprint Optimus G LS970/Eclipse 4G LTE
This mod is not fully working - phone detect sim without problem but switch to gsm/umts is missing in settings!!!
simmod.png

What is needed:
Soldering Station, Hot Air Rework Station with Nozzle Straight approx Ø7mm Dia, Solder Flux (not important), Tweezer, Small wires (you can use bonding wire from old headphones), Screwdriver and Good Nerves

Unsolder SIM IC:
Set Hotair temperature to approx 400°C and pressure to thirt.
Check video: (on video is my photon q, but removing is same)

SIM Card Connection:
16491494.png

! THIS IS HARDWARE MOD, SO NO WARRANTY !

...please test it and let me know - maybe some LS970 is network locked

so if you want you can donate me

Made In
flag_r1_c6.gif

Donated by:

sansara_2001

Last edited:

latindor17

Dec 21, 2010
4G Network LTE 1900?? I thought this phone would support LTE on 800 band... That's a shame considering Sprint is planning on moving it's spectrum from 1900 to 800.

Reactions: johnnylightning041

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
....CAN YOU PLEASE TEST FOR ME INTERNAL SIM IC AND POST RESULTS?
Download from market Sim Card (gsmdev), then go to dial - then dial *#*#4636#*#* - then phone information - set GSM auto (prl) - restart and run Sim Card app.

waqasazfar

Mar 15, 2011
As on GSMARENA

LG Optimus G LS970 for For Sprint.

2G Network CDMA 800 / 1900
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
HSDPA 850 / 1900

I just want to is ir really have sim card slot +cdma network support or it is CDMA only?
if there is no sim slow then Gsmarena should not write GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

if i do steps in first postm it will word on 2G GSM networks?

agurzhiy

Mar 30, 2011
SIM state: NETWORK LOCKED
SIM serial number: 89011200000032322785
SIM country ISO: us
SIM operator code: 310120
SIM operator name: Sprint
Voice mail text ID: Voicemail
Voice mail number: null
Phone type: CDMA
Device MEID or ESN: 99000xxxxxx240
Network country ISO:
Network operator code: 310120
Network operator name: Sprint
Network type: UNKNOWN

Last edited by a moderator:

agurzhiy

Mar 30, 2011
huge thanx for your advice, but the device is already bad esn and i am in another country...

funkym0nk3y

Oct 2, 2010
so i m just done with doing this mod and i can confirm that this doesnt work for gsm, heck it doesnt even stick to gsm only. It reads up all the info from the sim however but doesnt sticks to gsm network. The screenshots posted by OP are of photon q

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
so i m just done with doing this mod and i can confirm that this doesnt work for gsm, heck it doesnt even stick to gsm only. It reads up all the info from the sim however but doesnt sticks to gsm network. The screenshots posted by OP are of photon q

I wonder if flashing a GSM modem from one of the other Optimus G variants would work? Or is the issue with the rom?

funkym0nk3y

Oct 2, 2010
I dont knw, maybe thr is a risk of bricking the phone by flashing some other variant modem. Can we try to flash the JB leaked rom ? The thing is, the network doesnt change to GSM, the sim mod is working CDMA sim card only which is pretty useless since we can flash the same on the phone :(

agurzhiy

Mar 30, 2011
First did you try to open *#*#4636#*#* and set GSM only?

and the second - someone was posting that he flashed Korean FW and everything was working except modem, thus try to do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint Optimus G LS970/Eclipse 4G LTE
    This mod is not fully working - phone detect sim without problem but switch to gsm/umts is missing in settings!!!
    simmod.png

What is needed:
    Soldering Station, Hot Air Rework Station with Nozzle Straight approx Ø7mm Dia, Solder Flux (not important), Tweezer, Small wires (you can use bonding wire from old headphones), Screwdriver and Good Nerves

Unsolder SIM IC:
    Set Hotair temperature to approx 400°C and pressure to thirt.
    Check video: (on video is my photon q, but removing is same)

SIM Card Connection:
    16491494.png

! THIS IS HARDWARE MOD, SO NO WARRANTY !

...please test it and let me know - maybe some LS970 is network locked

so if you want you can donate me

Made In
    flag_r1_c6.gif

Donated by:

sansara_2001

this phone is global:
    2G Network CDMA 800 / 1900
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
    HSDPA 850 / 1900
    4G Network LTE 1900
    someone on irc did the physical mod.. which is confirmed working. the issue was having the software actually use gsm. something along the lines of a nexus 4/att optimus g mod would be needed... possibly also using att modem and efs partitions as well.

these mods mainly suit users outside the USA that own these devices and have no CDMA network in their country.
    4G Network LTE 1900?? I thought this phone would support LTE on 800 band... That's a shame considering Sprint is planning on moving it's spectrum from 1900 to 800.
    ...as i say...this mod was not tested. Connection between sim and mainboard must work - you can test it with sim app from market.
    I mean is needed additional setting in phone - maybe this can fix custom rom.
    If is here problem i can contact admin for lock or delete this thread.

No way! do not delete! it is really important mod
    wich works - modfication to add sim-card instead eSim is working. The next part is software, but nobody has tested yet.

i'll test it when i'll have a spare time.