Tegrak?

Search This thread

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked but I'm wondering if any of you guys are using Tegrak overclock with this device on stock kernel. I'm using it with my E4GT on stock kernel and I'm getting this device on Thursday and really want to continue to use the app. The developer says it works but hasn't updated it since December. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Sorry if this has been asked but I'm wondering if any of you guys are using Tegrak overclock with this device on stock kernel. I'm using it with my E4GT on stock kernel and I'm getting this device on Thursday and really want to continue to use the app. The developer says it works but hasn't updated it since December. Thanks.

I have never heard of this app what does it do??

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
I have never heard of this app what does it do??

It is an app in the play store called Tegrak overclock that simply let's you overclock your cpu and gpu and it works on stock kernels. Of course you have to be rooted. It has worked wonders on my s2 and really look forward to using it on the note. The developer of the app says it works and I was just wondering about any user feedback from this forum.

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
It is an app in the play store called Tegrak overclock that simply let's you overclock your cpu and gpu and it works on stock kernels. Of course you have to be rooted. It has worked wonders on my s2 and really look forward to using it on the note. The developer of the app says it works and I was just wondering about any user feedback from this forum.

We had a discussion about tegrak a while back regarding if it worked or not. I went and tried since I have the payed version and it did not work. I know it say it supports our phone but my overclock speeds weren't registering when I tried it.

Reactions: t4d73

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa

IMO you won't need to over clock this phone is so fast stock its crazy

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
We had a discussion about tegrak a while back regarding if it worked or not. I went and tried since I have the payed version and it did not work. I know it say it supports our phone but my overclock speeds weren't registering when I tried it.

Yeah but over in the E4GT forums we were having that problem too but what ended up happening was we weren't loading the overclock module 1st which is how it actually works. Did you try that?

Edit: My bad. I didn't read that right I guess. If you had the paid version I guess you knew what you were doing. Although the only way we were able to see registered speeds was either an app called system tune too. Guess I'll just have to wait till I get the device and try it.

Last edited:

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011

I have a feeling you're gonna be absolutely right lol! Right now a got my 1.2 ghz dual core overclocked to 1.4 but I am so looking forward to this beast! Can't wait.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I have a feeling you're gonna be absolutely right lol! Right now a got my 1.2 ghz dual core overclocked to 1.4 but I am so looking forward to this beast! Can't wait.

I came from the S3 and had Anthrax oc to 1.6 and this beast blows it out the water hell even when I put it on power saving mode it is still super fast. I have not had any lag oyher than in the gallery but that started with this new update 4.1.2

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
I came from the S3 and had Anthrax oc to 1.6 and this beast blows it out the water hell even when I put it on power saving mode it is still super fast. I have not had any lag oyher than in the gallery but that started with this new update 4.1.2

Hmm that's weird. I wonder why. I'm running a stock 4.1.2 leak on my s2 and we're not seeing that. Anyway yeah this thing's gonna be fun for sure. I was going to wait for the s4 but I'm sure I won't regret it. It probably won't even be as good as this imo.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area

Have you tried clearing the data and cache for the gallery in app manager? Its been fixing the lag for most ppl. There's some junk sticking in there after the update that causes the lag while the system sorts thru it.

I like to break stuff! :D

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Have you tried clearing the data and cache for the gallery in app manager? Its been fixing the lag for most ppl. There's some junk sticking in there after the update that causes the lag while the system sorts thru it.

Yeah I have tried everything even a factorg reset and it still is very laggy

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Ok so what I did was clear all cache and than did not re sync my google pic and stuff onky Facebook and drop box and the lag is almost gone so if anyone is still haveing problems with gallery lag try to not sync ur pics

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Ok so what I did was clear all cache and than did not re sync my google pic and stuff onky Facebook and drop box and the lag is almost gone so if anyone is still haveing problems with gallery lag try to not sync ur pics

Probably why I never had the issue, I disable picasa and all photo uploads I only keep them on my extSD or PC. Not a fan of my pics getting uploaded somewhere behind my back

Reactions: budde2

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Yeah but over in the E4GT forums we were having that problem too but what ended up happening was we weren't loading the overclock module 1st which is how it actually works. Did you try that?

Edit: My bad. I didn't read that right I guess. If you had the paid version I guess you knew what you were doing. Although the only way we were able to see registered speeds was either an app called system tune too. Guess I'll just have to wait till I get the device and try it.

Totally read that wrong. I've been using tegrak since the og epic 4g. I was the one who commented on the e4gt forums when everybody was amazed about it and was like uhh you guys are late. When I would overclock, it wouldn't show it as overclocked and all my benchmarks were still the same and it showed my cpu clocked at the factory setting from the benchmark app. Yes i know you have to load the module lol... It's not even necessary on this beast of a phone though.

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Totally read that wrong. I've been using tegrak since the og epic 4g. I was the one who commented on the e4gt forums when everybody was amazed about it and was like uhh you guys are late. When I would overclock, it wouldn't show it as overclocked and all my benchmarks were still the same and it showed my cpu clocked at the factory setting from the benchmark app. Yes i know you have to load the module lol... It's not even necessary on this beast of a phone though.

Lol I thought your name looked familiar. Actually there are a lot of familiar people over here which is awesome because that's one of the reasons I didn't want to leave the E4GT. But I know it's gonna be a great phone and it looks like development is really starting to take off over here and I'm sure it's only going to get better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Probably why I never had the issue, I disable picasa and all photo uploads I only keep them on my extSD or PC. Not a fan of my pics getting uploaded somewhere behind my back

Please read forum rules before posting
    Questions and help issues go in Q&A
    Thread moved
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator