[G3/G2/Flex/Pro2/all LG] Simple Black Keyboard Themes for LGE IME

Search This thread

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
21od1lu.jpg

I modded the black keyboard theme out of AeonFlex for a more simple look, and did a second version with softer corners by request.They should work with any rom using the LG Keyboard (including G3 keyboard!) but please let me know if they don't. Just download & install like a normal apk. (attached) :good:
The apks have been zipaligned.

Here is the LG Keyboard app if your rom does not include it.
°YMMV with installing & I can't provide much support...

If you like it, hit the thanks button!;)

Attachments

• G2LGEIME_THEME_SIMPLE_BLACK.apk
    878.6 KB · Views: 3,442
  • G2LGEIME_THEME_SIMPLE_BLACK_V2.apk
    887.3 KB · Views: 5,076
Last edited:

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Work perfectly with my D802 unrooted stock rom !
Installed as my daily keyboard.
May I ask you a version with rounded keys ?
Thanks.

Reactions: AyDee

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Reactions: Litderose

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Thanks for the feedback. I am guessing it will work on any rom but it was built a little differently than other themes I opened up so I wasn't sure..

Rounded corners or oval keys? I will look into it if I get time.
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you : rounded corners.
If you have no time, it's nothing, your keyboard is already great ! :good:

TONYSALEM78

Oct 5, 2010
Detroit
Mine ends up looking like this.. I kind of like it though!

I'm running maladus and g2xposed

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1391721134706.jpg
    1391721134706.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,179

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you : rounded corners.
If you have no time, it's nothing, your keyboard is already great ! :good:
Shouldnt be too hard...:cool:
Mine ends up looking like this.. I kind of like it though!

I'm running maladus and g2xposed

Are the lines around the keys only on one side or is that just how it looks after the picture resized? Are you running a dpi mod in xposed?

Last edited:

TONYSALEM78

Oct 5, 2010
Detroit
That's just how it looks after resize. The lines are all there for me. Wish it would have showed,looks sweet in person!

Don't know a lot about dpi,I am using g2xposed though. Seen a post about 320dpi being better, but I have no clue how to do that,yet..

Last edited:

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Ha ok. I can get a good idea of what it looks like. Nice font.:) Was just asking about dpi because of the lines, I haven't messed w mine either...

Reactions: TONYSALEM78

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Dear @AyDee
I've got a little "offtopic" question : it's possible to customize the keyboard using your mod or other mod from LG's Smarworld without be rooted, just by installing an apk.
So I think it's possible to add new fonts in the same way.
I tried to modify LG's Smartworld fonts with my prefered font (WP Segoe) but I failed.
Even with a complete decompilation of the apk, font changes, modified xml, and recompile of the apk.
Could you point me in the right direction ?
The aim is to be able to add new fonts of our choice (and not only LG's choice) in the display settings.
Sorry for this "not so short" off topic.
Cheers.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Dear @AyDee
I've got a little "offtopic" question : it's possible to customize the keyboard using your mod or other mod from LG's Smarworld without be rooted, just by installing an apk.
So I think it's possible to add new fonts in the same way.
I tried to modify LG's Smartworld fonts with my prefered font (WP Segoe) but I failed.
Even with a complete decompilation of the apk, font changes, modified xml, and recompile of the apk.
Could you point me in the right direction ?
The aim is to be able to add new fonts of our choice (and not only LG's choice) in the display settings.
Sorry for this "not so short" off topic.
Cheers.

Actually I'm glad you brought this up. I didn't even know you could install more fonts(!) and hadn't even used Smartworld until you mentioned it in your post. I just downloaded some fonts (and other stuff). I'll pull them and see if I can get it working.
All that cutesy stuff on Smartworld makes me want to make some more stuff for 'grown-ups' that use the G2.. :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    21od1lu.jpg

I modded the black keyboard theme out of AeonFlex for a more simple look, and did a second version with softer corners by request.They should work with any rom using the LG Keyboard (including G3 keyboard!) but please let me know if they don't. Just download & install like a normal apk. (attached) :good:
    The apks have been zipaligned.

Here is the LG Keyboard app if your rom does not include it.
    °YMMV with installing & I can't provide much support...

If you like it, hit the thanks button!;)
    You need to decompile the apk and edit the suggestion_center_normal2.9.png to a lighter color because the text is black. That's why you can't see the middle text. So once decompiled go into the res/drawable-xxhdpi folder and edit the image save close and recompile. Hope this helps someone. A screenshot of my modded keyboard.
    Recently switched to an m8 from my g2, can someone download smartworld and pull a copy of the redwine keyboard and pm me? I'm using the g2 keyboard port on my m8 but can't use smartworld due to not having an lg lol, I'd appreciate it.
    Here you go man. (attached)
    I modded the black keyboard theme out of AeonFlex 3.0.1 for a more simple look. I am not sure if it will work with all LG roms but it won't hurt to try, and please let me know if it works for you. Just download & install like a normal apk. (attached) :good:
    2ch6bg5.png
    ta1ok4.png

Installed and working on T-Mobile 10g.
    I have had a big work project so I haven't looked at those fonts other than a little bit but I'm going to give it a go tomorrow.
    Thanks !
    I've recently rooted my G2 so I'm currently experiencing some mods (xposed, etc...).
    But i'm waiting for your work on fonts !
    Perhaps anyone has the original "black" theme? I have a custom rom and dont have it..
    You will find it in attachement.