Headphone Jack is a monstrosity.

Search This thread

Enter The Nexus

Oct 28, 2012
Trapped at UCLA
I've had my G2 since January 31st. Great phone, but I have an excruciating problem. It never recognizes my headphones. I've tried with multiple cables and headphones. When I plug them in, I hear the click, look at my status bar, shows the headphone with mic symbol for a split second then disappears. For times I can get it to work, it works terribly. If I barely move the phone or jack, the G2 acts like I've unplugged it and stops my music. I've tried the compressed air trick, Q-Tip cleaning, and the lint roller tip, but the phone still acts bad. I don't want to spend extra money to get a replacement or buy an iPod since I want to buy some priority things (soooo many games coming out on PS4 soon!!).

If anyone's experienced this problem and solved it, could you give me some pointers on how to do it? Thanks.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

mdotcarter

Dec 9, 2013
I had the exact same problem, and in my case there was nothing that could be done. For my phone it was a hardware problem, and the headphone jack had physically become loose. I had to get a new phone under warranty.