[HELP THREAD][NOOB FRIENDLY] Galaxy Grand Ask any Question.

Search This thread
Apr 9, 2009
Pls, anyone can help me!
My samsung grand duos gt-i9082 on stock rom 4.2.2, everything work normal, but when i change to WCDMA only network mode, there is no signal or very low signal (2 sim). I try to carry out another place but the same result.

DayWalker

Nov 10, 2013
Kaduwela
Pls, anyone can help me!
My samsung grand duos gt-i9082 on stock rom 4.2.2, everything work normal, but when i change to WCDMA only network mode, there is no signal or very low signal (2 sim). I try to carry out another place but the same result.

Most probably your carrier signal emitter is far away from the place you are at. If the signal strong when you turn it back to GSM means its the problem. If its still the same i recommend you to check with samsung store if you have warranty cuz installing a custom rom means void of warranty. If you dont have warranty try a custom rom. Either way i recommend you to first check with samsung store and see if it is a problem with the sim slot, phone or software

Good luck! :good:

sanath tharanga

Mar 18, 2014
Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Can someone help me how to disable the prompt asked, wen i disable mobile data, and also the Safe volume warning while increasing volume.
My phone is rooted with XPosed installed.
Is there any Xposed modules to do this.
I am stock 4.2.2

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012

Droidge

Jun 4, 2014
"USB Device not recognized"

Up until today, I was able to connect my i9082 to my PC without any problems. However, when I tried to connect it today, it didn't show any sign of connection, except the fact that it was being charged by the USB cable connected to the PC. When I looked at my PC screen, I saw what's mentioned in the screenshot.

i.imgur.com/HPlsP1U.png

I tried adjusting the "tongue" of the mobile phone's USB port, and also cleaned the connectors. I also factory reset my mobile phone, but I achieved no success. I also reinstalled my mobile phone's drivers, but it seems that it's having the same problem with every PC I connect it to.

PS: Kies is installed, and Odin recognized my device before this problem occurred.

Last edited:

DayWalker

Nov 10, 2013
Kaduwela
Up until today, I was able to connect my i9082 to my PC without any problems. However, when I tried to connect it today, it didn't show any sign of connection, except the fact that it was being charged by the USB cable connected to the PC. When I looked at my PC screen, I saw what's mentioned in the screenshot.

i.imgur.com/HPlsP1U.png

I tried adjusting the "tongue" of the mobile phone's USB port, and also cleaned the connectors. I also factory reset my mobile phone, but I achieved no success. I also reinstalled my mobile phone's drivers, but it seems that it's having the same problem with every PC I connect it to.

PS: Kies is installed, and Odin recognized my device before this problem occurred.

ok this is tricky.. did you try changing the cable? if not try that.. Use another cable and see.. maybe the problem is with the cable or else i recommend you to check the mini usb port of the phone to a recognized repairer and check if the port is damaged. it happenes when the port is damaged too.

Droidge

Jun 4, 2014
ok this is tricky.. did you try changing the cable? if not try that.. Use another cable and see.. maybe the problem is with the cable or else i recommend you to check the mini usb port of the phone to a recognized repairer and check if the port is damaged. it happenes when the port is damaged too.

Tried changing the USB cable, no luck. Is there seriously no way to fix it without going to a service centre? My warranty just expired and I don't have the money to pay for any repairs...

tonyboy258

Mar 3, 2013
About CWM

guyz please help me, about CWM! i alredy istalled it and follow all the guide, but i have one big problem, after i finish installing cwm to my phone, when im going to CWM the phone always restart it self so on and so for, what can i do to solved my problem

Droidge

Jun 4, 2014
guyz please help me, about CWM! i alredy istalled it and follow all the guide, but i have one big problem, after i finish installing cwm to my phone, when im going to CWM the phone always restart it self so on and so for, what can i do to solved my problem

Did you go to CWM when the phone was being rebooted by Odin?

DayWalker

Nov 10, 2013
Kaduwela

Try installing the recovery again.. if it still keeps happening then try another version or download the recovery from another site and install

Good luck :good:

crazychao

May 13, 2011
stuck on boot screen

Hi all,

i tried to install a custom rom, followed the direction properly however it seems to be stuck on boot screen..

any one knows how to fix ir?

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Can someone help me how to disable the prompt asked, wen i disable mobile data, and also the Safe volume warning while increasing volume.
My phone is rooted with XPosed installed.
Is there any Xposed modules to do this.
I am stock 4.2.2

See this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2481038 to backsmali SystemUI.apk and remove the annoying warning message.
The line numbers may be different but this will work successfully in grand too.

If you need to know how to backsmali apk.. visit the original thread and read the instructions. The original thread is where you download the blacksmali.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
    which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
    ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
    leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
    the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
    point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
    (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
    and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
    NO TROLLING
    NO NAME CALLING
    NO RIDICULING
    NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.
    hello dear
    I rooted my grand and installed kitkat in it... after using kitkat some months i saw that we cant move apps to sd card and sometimes while we update preinstalled apps it says " low space available" or something like that, so it cant get update...So after this problem i installed 4.2.2 jellybean and system is too low now..
    Now the thing is that i want to install a CLEAN kitkat again bcas im bored with this slow processing... but as i install kitkat it some old folders remain in internal memory i want a clean installation..
    what if i manually delete all folders then boot in CWM and install kitkat? it will work or deleting folders manully will delete the CWM files too. and phone wont work!!

i want a clean kitkat installation..

Backup the necesaary data.
    Then manually delete all dos junk you dont like and feel like you dont need anymore.
    Boot into recovery,
    Format system, cache, preload and what all stuff u see der with format.
    Install the Kitkat Rom through Recovery.
    Reboot.

well try this link http://www.kingoapp.com/ you can download it free but you have to enter a serial no. to get the phone rooted if not it wont root it just run and it doesnt root the device...

And for the Custom rom you asked.. I must say CM 11 does not support dual sim function neither any ASOP based roms have this function for the time being but try Pyramid_k3 rom and GENNXT SUPERIOR ROM. I've personally used these roms and they are really good. But be adviced that the device must be upgraded to 4.2.2 stock rom to run these roms

Good luck! :)
    I use custom ROMs in my galaxy grand duos....but there is some problem with my ext SD card.....it keeps on mounting itself as read only....if I manually unmount and then remount it then it is rewritable but after some time it again mounts as read only.....any help plzz....

Which ROM are u using right Now??
    wow... thank's you very much... really...
    that's what I call a fine guide... if i made it for god... i'll tell you :laugh:
    regards from Chile:good:

Anytime bro anytime! :)