Can't root using pie or towel root on my AT&T Moto X

Search This thread
Jul 7, 2014
Hi, im trying to root my phone on 4.4.2 using towel root and pie, but neither work, when i try and run adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/atvc/root.sh, i get the error: unable to chmod /data/local/atcv/root.sh: Not a directory, and that is using the pie exploit. When i use towelroot, i hit make it rain after changing the o in the string of numbers to a 0, and nothing happens, please help

Joseluize

Aug 17, 2011
Unlocked Bootloader.
If yes, you have.
Try root using fast boot method (flash twrp then without reboot enter recovery and install ssu). It is the easy way.

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2014
Unlocked Bootloader.
If yes, you have.
Try root using fast boot method (flash twrp then without reboot enter recovery and install ssu). It is the easy way.

I can't unlock the bootloader, that is why im rooting using towel root and pie, because they do not required an unlocked bootloader.

Joseluize

Aug 17, 2011
Can't you do? Damn, bad luck man. Sorry, I hope you be able to root without.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hi, im trying to root my phone on 4.4.2 using towel root and pie, but neither work, when i try and run adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/atvc/root.sh, i get the error: unable to chmod /data/local/atcv/root.sh: Not a directory, and that is using the pie exploit. When i use towelroot, i hit make it rain after changing the o in the string of numbers to a 0, and nothing happens, please help

Notice what I have highlighted in red. Which are you typing? atvc or atcv? Is it possible you made a typo when issuing the command?

Also, Towelroot not working is expected. You must successfully root with PIE before you can use towelroot.

Good Luck.

Jul 7, 2014
Notice what I have highlighted in red. Which are you typing? atvc or atcv? Is it possible you made a typo when issuing the command?

Also, Towelroot not working is expected. You must successfully root with PIE before you can use towelroot.

Good Luck.

EDIT: I got it, as soon as i switched the media connection it asked me if i wanted to allow usb debugging, but when i got to supersu, i update the su binary but it says failed, what do i do now?

Last edited: