twilight79

Nov 13, 2009
Hi Fahad
Hope ur enjoying ur time off ;)
When is an update due? X note v18 out aswell
Can you please fix these 3 issues.....
Mms cannot receive
Nfc not working
Centre clock and notifications overlapping (fixed in x note v18)

I love toolbox and s5 lock screen and don't want to go back to x note v18 even though that's an awesome rom

Please help and update when you can

Appreciate all your hard work and I'll shout you a couple of beers after payday ;)

aldinsh

Dec 26, 2011
the wifi fix does not fix the hotspot or nfc but it fixes the sound lag on locked screens!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Does anyone know how to fix home button delay? Thanks

Sent From My Sm-N9005 ????
Kirby Dance!
(>'-')> <('-'< ) ^(' - ')^ <('-'< ) (>'-')>

open s voice and disable open via duouble tap home button

Reactions: Alyseon

mrterrytoyou

Jul 15, 2012
So I have looked thoroughly through both this thread and the OP ROM thread and I can not, for the life of me, find out if this ROM will work an an SM-N900P phone! I understand I will have to probably change a few things but I really, REALLY, want this ROM! It's gorgeous and looks amazing! Please help!

Sent By Magic From My Fingertips To Your Screen Via My Gargantuan Galaxy Note 3!!

mrterrytoyou

Jul 15, 2012
This is my current baseband, kernel and ROM.
yjane7uq.jpg
gy5e6yhe.jpg

Sent By Magic From My Fingertips To Your Screen Via My Gargantuan Galaxy Note 3!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405909194129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405909194129.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 61

pinoytalker

Jul 28, 2014
Does this work with Android 4.3?

I flashed xnote s5 port rom 2.5 to my Note 3 SM-N9005 version 4.3 . I thought everything went fine until reboot.. To my horror it got stucked at startup. (where you see samsung sm-n9005) I assume my note 3 is soft brick already.

my questions are:

1) Does the xnote s5 port rom work with Android 4.3?
2) Should I install the latest Philz recovery and flash the xnote s5 port rom 2.5 again?

Please help .

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I tried flashing this rom using cwm after wiping all caches n wiped user data.
i had stock 4.3 on MK1.
now,it is stuck on "Kernel is not seandroid enforcing" message on screen for first boot.
i waited 30 minutes and restored old 4.3 backup.
Do i need to update to stock 4.4.2 before flashing this rom?
i am new to this,please help.

I am facing the same issue.
My note 3 sm-n9005 vr 4.3 is stuck on "Kernel is not seandroid enforcing" message on screen for first boot.

Does updating to stock 4.4.2 before flashing the xnote s5 port rom solve this issue?

I would really appreaciate your prompt reply.

singhsidhu123

May 19, 2012

I flashed xnote s5 port rom 2.5 to my Note 3 SM-N9005 version 4.3 . I thought everything went fine until reboot.. To my horror it got stucked at startup. (where you see samsung sm-n9005) I assume my note 3 is soft brick already.

my questions are:

1) Does the xnote s5 port rom work with Android 4.3?
2) Should I install the latest Philz recovery and flash the xnote s5 port rom 2.5 again?

Please help .

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I am facing the same issue.
My note 3 sm-n9005 vr 4.3 is stuck on "Kernel is not seandroid enforcing" message on screen for first boot.

Does updating to stock 4.4.2 before flashing the xnote s5 port rom solve this issue?

I would really appreaciate your prompt reply.

Guys what have u done it's clearly said that it's a kitkat based rom.

U got to flash first kitkat official rom and bootloader then this rom.

Hope i helped.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: pinoytalker

pinoytalker

Jul 28, 2014
Do you guys encountered "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped?"

I uninstalled all my other launchers but still I encounter this.
Also, what can I do to change the settings of my phone to s5 (when you slide down the screen you will see this setting)

pinoytalker

Jul 28, 2014
TouchWiz launcher is always crashing says "unfortunately TW has stopped"

Should I use another launcher?
If yes, what would be the best launcher for this rom?
if no, how do you solve the issue?

singhsidhu123

May 19, 2012
TouchWiz launcher is always crashing says "unfortunately TW has stopped"

Should I use another launcher?
If yes, what would be the best launcher for this rom?
if no, how do you solve the issue?

Wipe cache and dalvik cache if it doesnt Solve The problem reflash the rom . Clean flash i would recommend

Reactions: pinoytalker

pinoytalker

Jul 28, 2014
Wipe cache and dalvik cache if it doesnt Solve The problem reflash the rom . Clean flash i would recommend

Hi i tried to Wipe CAche and dalvik cache but it doesn't solve the problem. I installed an s5 launcher from playstore and it solved my problem.

My new problem is that I can't send messages using my sim.

Everytime I try to send a message. I see this:

Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

I tried to find solution by:

FAIL = I still encounter Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

1) Go to App Manager > Find "Phone" App and then clear cache and data. > FAIL

2) Go to recovery mode > clear cache and data > reboot > FAIL

3) Go to App Manager > MENU > reset application... > reboot > FAIL

What should I do? I don't want to flash the xnote s5 port again.

Please help.

pinoytalker

Jul 28, 2014
I already went back to stock 4.4.2 and then flashed this custom rom but still ended up with
Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

Please help anyone.

nikvasi

Jul 18, 2014
TW Crashes

Hi everybody, I have a strange problem. Did everything, but if I change to 4x4 grid My Magazine stops and TW Home is crashing. I did more than 10 recoveries with cashe /dalvik /wipe etc and every time when i change this setting TouchWiz unfortunately has crashed. After that I have to do a recovery to enable My Magazine and TW Home again.
I really like this ROM but this I can't solve. HELP!!!!

amrinal

Feb 15, 2014
Hi i tried to Wipe CAche and dalvik cache but it doesn't solve the problem. I installed an s5 launcher from playstore and it solved my problem.

My new problem is that I can't send messages using my sim.

Everytime I try to send a message. I see this:

Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

I tried to find solution by:

FAIL = I still encounter Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

1) Go to App Manager > Find "Phone" App and then clear cache and data. > FAIL

2) Go to recovery mode > clear cache and data > reboot > FAIL

3) Go to App Manager > MENU > reset application... > reboot > FAIL

What should I do? I don't want to flash the xnote s5 port again.

Please help.

I already went back to stock 4.4.2 and then flashed this custom rom but still ended up with
Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

Please help anyone.

have you test format all except sdcard1 (extsdcard) in cwm recovery in mount & storage

on cwm (i used philz touch)
go to Mounts and Storage
format: boot, system, data, cache, data (/sdcard)
NOT storage/sdcard1 <-- its ext sdcard

Last edited:
Hi i absolutely love this rom. My favourite flash so far. I used twrp and it worked a charm. My question is how would I get the Xposed Module knock code to work each time I set it, it forgets my code and locks me out. I am not sure if it's down to the rom or the module so I have also asked the Dev of knock code.

Edit fixed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT - N9005 ONLY

Latest ONLINE : ver. 2.5 / (17 June 2014)

Guys,

I am pleased to make this Discussion thread of X-NOTE Galaxy S5 Ported ROM.

We have done enough discussion about The ROM in DEV thread which is suppose to be made for Dev discussion only.

Feel free to discuss about the X-NOTE S5 Ported ROM, BUT Please Don't Spam in this thread.

Read the FAQ (at the 2nd post) and/or use search function first on this thread or on the ROM thread, before you guys ask anything. Quite a lot questions are basically answered already on the ROM OP, and the Q&A thread.

Disclaimer :
    Devs of this Rom are NOT responsible for any damage to your device.
    The installation of the ROM is at your own risk.
    However, the flash procedure is always performed
    at least three times with a day of testing.
    READ, UNDERSTAND, & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED in X-Note Thread.

ORIGINAL DEV THREAD X-NOTE Galaxy S5 (Latest build v.2.5)
    Installation Instructions (For N9005 ONLY) :
    1- Check the MD5 of your downloaded X-Note zip (v2.5 MD5 = 2BA118F027349334EC9B1574E63BD44F)
    2- Reboot Recovery (I personally tested & installed with Chenglu CWM)
    3- Full Wipe
    4- install zip and choose the rom in your SD
    5- Flash Rom Choose stuff in Aroma
    6- Flash Performance Mod (Optional) -- This is only if you feel ROM is laggy on your device. I personally never flash this mod. :)
    7- Done.

Special Notes on v.2.5 :
    1. For Call recording , Press stop in the dialer before you finish your call or the recording will keep on recording .
    2. Set Pin/Pattern Lock then Set to Lock immediately or under 15secs
    3. If your rom is a bit laggy , change kernel settings

Dev's preffered Settings are
    Max Frequency Screenon 249600
    Max Frequency Screenoff 172800
    Min Frequency Screenon/off 30000
    Governor SmartMaxx
    I/O Scheduler Fiops
    I/O Size 512KB
    IntelliPlug on
    UKSM on
    IntelliThermal Set
    TCP WestWood

Credits -
    @fahadali2315
    @soloilmeglio
    @xentrix
    And thanks to @Khizar (original OP) for this thread. :)

FAQ'S

Q.Can I use this rom on tmo/Canadian variants?
    A.This rom is made for the N9005, @fahadali2315 doesn't support other variants, He ONLY supports the N9005. However a user made a fix to get the things that work by default to work on tmo/Canadian variants. Read the "How to get N9005 roms to work on N900T(Tmo) & N900W8(Canadian) Variants" guide for step by step instructions BUT use the fix that i am linking below.
    Hey guys, I made a zip to fix Wifi, NFC, & BT for N900t and possibly other variants (untested).
    You can find it here.
    Maybe add to OP so we can remove N9005 Only ;)

Q.How do I get secured lock screen to this work?
    A.
    Put # in front of security. mdpp=none in build prop. Report if that works...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Q.How do you get the white background for pen window?
    A.
    Go to X Note Control -> X Note Updates -> Rom Update 1 -> Updates -> and flash Update 5

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Q.Why does the installation fail when I try flashing this rom?
    A2.Use latest philz recovery (recommended at ROM thread OP), other recoveries might not be able to flash this rom.
    A2. v2.5 comes with Aroma Installer, I personally choose Chenglu CWM as it will handle Aroma better.

Q.Why is deep sleep not working?
    A1. Deep sleep only works with the 2 NE6 kernels, 1 that comes with the rom and other that @fahadali2315 posted.
    A2. Latest updated / tested : Aurora kernel is a good match to this X-Note S5 Ported ROM. Thanks @MojoManagement for the good kernel :)

Q.Can I use s5 kernels?
    A.You can but they break the camera. So better to use n9005/n900t kernels instead.

Q.Why is sview not working?

A1.
    ... Copy it manually and replace it with the old one in the system/app.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9ion1nu2vq8vf1/SViewCoverService.apk
    Reboot and enjoy. ?
    Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    A2. Sview is working on v2.5. If you use custom DPI, you will need to set the DPI for sviewcover to 480 with Xposed app setting module, save, and reboot your device.

Q.Why do I get "file not found" when I click on live wallpapers?
    A.Live wallpapers are not included.

Q.My wifi is not working?
    A1.Wait about a minute or so on setupwixard and it will turn on.
    A2.Flash a different kernel.
    A3. On v.2.3 & up, WiFi is working perfectly :)

Q.My mobile data doesnt work?
    A1.Set APN from your provider manually.
    A2. If A1 can't fix your device, try to go the APN, change the bearer to LTE, and then Save. Your mobile data should be working.
    A3. If A1 & A2 still can't fix your device mobile data, your last resort is to flash FIX for National Roaming. Thanks to @Mroczny3 for the fix.

Q.I can't seem to enable recent apps?
    A.Use gravitybox xposed/ Navigations Keys Actions set anyone u like to show Recent apps. (Task Switcher)

Q.I modified dpi and now my sview is messed up, what should I do?
    A.Use app settings xposed module and set sview dpi to 480.

Q.I have HealthService Error popup?
    A.Update Shealth to latest version from Samsung apps.

Q.XTransformer doesn't reboot in this port?
    A.Just Set your dpi, and click on reboot button wait until it shows reboot in the TOAST. Then Reboot your phone from PowerMenu manually.

Q.Xnote App doesnt auto Reboot?
    A.Some technical glitches ... do what you want to do like changing keyboard and then reboot manually from the PowerMenu.

Q.I cannot find my clock?
    A.You have to set the color to white of the clock from XNOTE APP.

Q.Which Kernel is good for port ?
    A1.It comes with Stock. But i personally use Wootever.
    A2. Now our N9005 has a good kernel AURORA. I personally use this one, and is really good in deep sleep.

Q.I dont have all the toggles in my quicksettings like xnote and shootit?
    A.Go to xnote app, Extras , Additional Script and run Enable All Toggles Script . Reboot Manually.

Q. I have 2 clocks in status bar, one in center and one on right side???
    A. Disable one from gravitybox or xnote

Q. Why is my home button is not waking up my phone ?
    A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Check/Uncheck Home Button wake and restart SystemUI.

Q. Why is my restart menu is not showing up ?
    A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Check/Uncheck Restart Options Elements.

Q. How to Hide CPU Widget in StatusBar
    A. Go to X-Note App/Extras/X-Note Custom Mods and Show/Hide CPU Widget in Other StatusBar Elements and restart SystemUI.

Q.How to use stock battery?
    A.Not been tested myself but try.
    Delete X-battery.apk and use xblast/wanam to put on the original battery. Should work on older versions
    Not sure about v14.

Q. Having some weird reflection/shadow under the date/time? SOLUTION ?
    A. This is the Network Speed indicator and the problem occurs if you are using any xposed modules (Wanam) . So either switch off the indicator by going to Xnote control app >> Extras >> StatusBar Mods or disabling the xposed module.

Q. Logs in phone doesn't fully show up ( top part is missing)
    A. gravity box, search for the option to hide the menu overflow it happens with navbar enabled.

Q. How to change StatusBar transparency ?
    A. Goto Xnote ControlApp>>Extras>> Color StatusBar Mods ,Check the Content
    9dkEITbl.jpg

Q."How do you change the DPI of the device?"
    A. First Boot DPI is set to 360dpi in X-NOTE 11 , if you want to go back to stock the value is ( 480 ).Use X-Transformer to set your DPI. Follow the instructions properly.
    kSg6sXal.jpg

Q."How do you remove the power button the left, and the home button on the right on status bar?"
    A. Go into X-Note Control, Extra Settings, then uncheck both show/hide home button and show/hide lock button. And Restart SystemUI.
    9OekOaTl.jpg

Q."There's a white line on top of my screen, and I didn't have it on stock! I'm pretty sure it's not something wrong with my screen...HELP!"
    A. Go to X-Note Control App >> X-Note Panel >> Battery Bar Settings
    6KXBRWnl.jpg

Q."How do I get rid of the traffic monitor under my clock? It is starting to bug me now when I'm not downloading or browsing I just see 0kb/s."
    A. Go to X-Note Control App >>Extras >> Status Bar Mods >> Show/Hide Network Speed
    iu3MV5Wl.jpg
    Q."Is there root on X-Note? I don't seem to have it"
    A. X-Note is already rooted .
    j6hVtp0l.jpg
    Q."How do I get the black and white Play Store?"
    A.Here
    YTHgo8Fl.jpg
    Q."How do I install TW themes with these .apk files?"
    A. Just install it, then press the menu button on your home screen, click Themes, then choose the one you like.

Q."Can I overclock on X-Note Kernel?"
    A. No

Q."Why my WiFI Hotspot / Tethering is not working after flashing v 2.3 ?"
    A. Flash this fix from your recovery. Thanks to @fahadali2315 for the fix.

Q."Why after flash v2.5, my ROM version still v2.3 ?"
    A. No worries about this one. This is just a text info. But you are already on v.2.5. Enjoy the ROM.

Q."After flash v2.5, My home button still cannot show recent apps/task manager. Can I use remap key function at XNote Control ?"
    A. No. This feature currently still not working yet. Please use the old method by Gravitybox.

Q."Why DCMprovider is eating up my battery ?"
    A. Sometimes this is happen to some device(s). You can just simply freeze it from Titanium Backup. This process is brought from S5 firmware, you can just google DCMprovider to find out more. :)
    FOR NOOBS
    OP= Original Post/First Post in the thread
    OTA= Over the air updates ( Xnote Updates )

SYSTEMATIC INSTRUCTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR X-NOTE ROMS
    GUIDE WRITTEN BY @nicholaschum

UNIVERSAL INSTRUCTIONS ARE LOCATED HERE

1. Did you make sure your phone model meets the criteria?

You CAN install N9005 ROMs on other variants, for example the N900T, N900W8,
    provided you get a patch specific to your device, however if they have their specific
    thread, N9005 ROMs DO NOT ALL SUPPORT IT.

2. Did you check the MD5 Checksum of the X-Note ROM after you downloaded it?

Open this spoiler for Mac Instructions!

1. Open Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal (or open Spotlight, and search for Terminal)
    2. When Terminal is open, locate your directory where the file is downloaded, usually run this command: cd Downloads
    3. When the path changes to the Downloads folder, type in "md5 XXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip" (name of the downloaded zip)
    4. An MD5 code will come up, for example 614a3fac73272c9b53e74dc2ef5675f3, copy and paste this.
    5. On the thread of the ROM, there should be located an MD5 code, press Command F, and paste it in the box. If the MD5 is found, then congratulations, MD5 checksum complete!

Open this spoiler for Windows Instructions!

1. Download WinMD5Free from this link: http://www.winmd5.com/ (NO INSTALL REQUIRED)
    2. Unzip the application, then launch the .exe
    3. Choose the file by clicking Browse, and double click the .zip file.
    4. When the MD5 checksum value appears, copy and paste the MD5 from the custom ROM thread into the third box (Original file MD5 checksum value)
    5. If they match, congratulations, MD5 checksum complete!

3. Did you try wiping both Cache and Dalvik Cache?

Click this if you are using TWRP Recovery

1. Boot into recovery by holding Power, Vol Up and Home at the same time.
    2. Select the Wipe option.
    3. Select the Advanced option.
    4. Select Cache and Dalvik Cache, then swipe to wipe.
    5. Reboot

Click this if you are using CWM Recovery

2. Select Wipe Cache
    3. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    4. After done, select Advanced, then Select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    6. Reboot

4. Is your configuration different from the given stock values?

Did you install any undesired system files unsupported by soloilmeglio and Xentrix? If you did,
    YOU LOST YOUR SUPPORT IMMEDIATELY, but there may be a bunch of people that may
    have done the same.

Modifying the stock values include:

1. Modification of System Files (Installing unsupported themes from other ROMs)

2. Tweaking of System Files manually (e.g. deleting gsiff_daemon)

3. Flashing a different CSC (Customer Sales Code)

4. Flashing a different Kernel (e.g. CivZ's SnapKat, Wootever's Custom N3)

5. Did you install the ROM after formatting /system, /data, /sdcard, /cache, /dalvik-cache?

Click this if you are using TWRP Recovery

0. YOU WILL NEED AN EXTSD FOR THIS, TO REINSTALL THE ROM.
    2. Select the Wipe option.
    3. Select the Advanced option.
    3. Select System, Internal SD, Cache and Dalvik Cache, then swipe to wipe.
    5. Go back, select Format Data, type 'yes', then press Done.
    6. Reinstall your ROM from your external SD.
    7. Reboot

Click this if you are using CWM Recovery

0. YOU WILL NEED AN EXTSD FOR THIS, TO REINSTALL THE ROM.
    2. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    4. After done, select Advanced, then select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    6. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /system
    7. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    8. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /sdcard
    9. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    10. After done, select Mounts and Storage, select Format /cache
    11. Click on the Volume Keys till you get to Yes, then press the power button
    12. Reboot
    I already searched everything but this time I didn't understand what is the answer, then...

Hi, using Xnote S5 ported on my sm-n9005 (hltexx) I have this values for AP, CP and CSC:
    AP: G900F XXU1A NC9
    CP: N9005 XXUE NA2
    CSC: G900F OLB1A NCD
    Then I tried to flash: G900F_NE2_MODEM.tar.md5 and G900F_NE2_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5 provided by xnote's rom update 1 but i think I was bricking my phone with the bootloader :( :eek: while flashing I got secure check fail: modem/secure check fail: bootloader and nothing has been flashed. Now my questions are:
    1) Does CSC needs to be compatible with AP or needs to be the same?
    2) Is G900F CSC compatible (it doesn't make problems) with N9005's one?
    3) G900F CP (modem) isn't compatible with n9005 one, is it?
    4) Should I search an OXA (European) or ITV (Italian, in my case) CSC for my N9005?
    5) Where can I check my bootloader version?
    6) I would like to update my bootloader but I think that g900f one will (soft or hard?) birck my phone (please don't ask me why I tried it before :p ), and newest n9005 will cause problems with knox/downgrade or firmware changes, won't they?

Please help me! Normally I'm an expert on modding (with the works of others :p :p ) but this questions are really driving me crazy...

1. No, I have everything different and my phone works fine.
    2/3. No, DON'T FLASH S5 STUFF ON NOTE 3.
    4. Try BUT, it works best for most.
    5. Use samsung phone info app, it can be found on play store.
    6. Refer to answer 2/3.

Will the next update have screen mirroring work ?! :)

Sent from my SM-N9005

That feature only works on stock kernel and since next update will have stock kernel it should work. Unless if it's broken and doesn't work on stock either, have read anyone report that they tried it in stock kernel so we will see..

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!
    Due to the lack of mods, trolls can ruin the XDA forum's. Don't feed them...Instead report them.
    Can you pls check the contact setting FC? S view cover not working. Dialer full screen caller picture half shown on screen. Contact list is misaligned. Call from contact list shown in wrong position. I am using 289 dpi. Pls check.

Those are known bugs and since this is a port it's bound to have bugs. With time hopefully these bugs will be fixed and this rom will become even better..

Hardly the battery life is 5 to 6 hours. But the look and interface is awesome.
    Thanks to all for making such ROM a reality.

Battery life is bearable, should get better with time...

6y4y6a8e.jpg

heryhade.jpg

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!