Galaxy Nexus landscape Samsung dock now available in Canada

Search This thread

skadebo

Jun 13, 2009
UPDATE: It appears that the dock is the regular portrait dock with HDMI, so the photo is wrong at the source.CA :( sorry guys I don't seem to be able to edit the title of this thread.

From thesource.ca (it's Canada's Radioshack) , it's online only but they can ship to your nearest store. I can't post links yet sorry :(

Last edited:

Matridom

Dec 19, 2010
Nah, at that point, order up some pogo pins and DIY it!

I would, however every do it yourself job has only been USB charging unless you are running a custom kernel. The OEM dock does AC charging and invokes the dock mode which gives proper landscape with the OEM launcher.

USB charging is not enough to keep up in Navigation mode.

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I found something interesting in the description that they provide (will be higlighted in bold)

The OEM Samsung Desktop Dock is designed to hold the *Samsung Galaxy Nexus while charging it. The dock comes with a standard micro USB input that can be used with either a main charger or USB cable and a 3.5mm audio line-out connection so that you can connect your device to an external speaker for high-quality audio reproduction. The dock has been designed to be used in both portrait and landscape orientations. This means that you can switch from answering emails to watching YouTube clips without having to unplug your device. The dock also has additional volume controls on the side so that you can adjust the volume regardless of the orient of your phone.

I wonder what these additional volume controls are. Because looking at previous pics of the dock I didn't see any actual buttons on it to control the volume. I hope they aren't referring to the volume on the phone or external speakers.

It is just a shame that I had already ordered the dock from expansys.ca and expecting it in a couple of days otherwise I would have went with this option.

Reactions: rabidrotty

rabidrotty

Dec 18, 2010
Edmonton
Did you get the dock yet? I was told from Samsung Canada HQ that due to the lateness of the device the landscape pogo pin dock would not be released to Canada. That was yesterday

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Did you get the dock yet? I was told from Samsung Canada HQ that due to the lateness of the device the landscape pogo pin dock would not be released to Canada. That was yesterday

I ordered two of them on April 17th. They are being shipped (from Vancouver). I have the tracking number, and the expected delivery date is April 24th.

skadebo

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah mine is on the way as well, should be able to pick it up from my local store on Monday!

Dictate

Mar 3, 2011
Mine is showing shipped now. Should be at my store by Monday I hope. Excited to test it out.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Darksorcerer123

Apr 21, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Pogo

Are you sure it is coming? I ordered this from gocellular and the guy who runs the website there told me he was misinformed by the person he ordered it from... it was just one of the portrait docks. Not trying to burst anyone's bubbles but I would hate you guys get a landscape dock just because of some unscrupulous supplier.

Please post if you get it! I would be glad to order from whomever has these things.

Last edited:

dp92180

Apr 21, 2008
Would this be compatible with the Verizon i515 Galaxy Nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
See attachment. I'll post pictures soon!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 187

Dictate

Mar 3, 2011
Will be returning mine then. No need for the HDMI dock. Thanks for the heads up.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: It appears that the dock is the regular portrait dock with HDMI, so the photo is wrong at the source.CA :( sorry guys I don't seem to be able to edit the title of this thread.

From thesource.ca (it's Canada's Radioshack) , it's online only but they can ship to your nearest store. I can't post links yet sorry :(
    it will use the pogo pins. Now comes the debate, I want to get one, take out the electronics and macgyver it all to work with my case + car dock. The question is.. do I?
    it will use the pogo pins. Now comes the debate, I want to get one, take out the electronics and macgyver it all to work with my The question is.. do I?

Nah, at that point, order up some pogo pins and DIY it!
    I found something interesting in the description that they provide (will be higlighted in bold)

The OEM Samsung Desktop Dock is designed to hold the *Samsung Galaxy Nexus while charging it. The dock comes with a standard micro USB input that can be used with either a main charger or USB cable and a 3.5mm audio line-out connection so that you can connect your device to an external speaker for high-quality audio reproduction. The dock has been designed to be used in both portrait and landscape orientations. This means that you can switch from answering emails to watching YouTube clips without having to unplug your device. The dock also has additional volume controls on the side so that you can adjust the volume regardless of the orient of your phone.

I wonder what these additional volume controls are. Because looking at previous pics of the dock I didn't see any actual buttons on it to control the volume. I hope they aren't referring to the volume on the phone or external speakers.

It is just a shame that I had already ordered the dock from expansys.ca and expecting it in a couple of days otherwise I would have went with this option.